The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2,266 of 7,980
Only 2 days or less is acceptable 
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,267 of 7,980
Damn, I just realized I've had an account since 2004 and am just starting to post. I need to get more active!

8.a's are going to be a huge upgrade from my Shure e3c's that I got when I first joined head-fi 
darthsmile.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #2,276 of 7,980
Quote:
I got my impressions back from Heir, unlike another china-based custom IEM maker I'm not going to mention. Wouldn't know what to do with them, but I have them.

I was just thinking of getting a cheap set of customs for work and the gym. I wouldn't want to ruin the 4.A's seeing as they were over my original budget, but I am glad I purchased them. Poimandres your 8.A look stunning!

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #2,278 of 7,980
Quote:
That Ziricote in the 8a's is absolutely phenomenal. It is very hard to capture in a photo, they certainly do not do them any justice.

is the shell amber with clear tips? I wanted ziricote as well for my 4.A, It looks nice

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #2,279 of 7,980
It is an off amber created by the Wizard and is darker than the normal amber. And yes the canals are clear. It is the second time Ziricote has been used and the first complete Ziricote faceplate I believe, the other was a mix with Ebony.

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2,280 of 7,980
Quote:
It is an off amber created by the Wizard and is darker than the normal amber. And yes the canals are clear. This is also the first Heir Audio ciem to have the Heir Audio logo on the shell and the only 8a that does not have a crown. It is the second time Ziricote has been used and the first complete Ziricote faceplate I believe, the other was a mix with Ebony.

Not that it is of any importance but my 8 does not have a crown...or logo or anything at all.  Its just plain acrylic.  No one knows that it's a Heir, a 8.A and how special it really is.  Just how I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back