The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #181 of 7,980

Quote:
Dr. Moulton is a great guy, I've spent quite a bit of time writing with him back and forth and he's always been very nice. I'm quite happy with my 8.A and I've recommended it to others.

Kunlun would you say the Heir 8A has the same sound signature as the Denons? Which particular one would it be closer to in this case ? 2000/5000/7000?

In a way I thought they would be slightly darker sounding than the denons :p

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #182 of 7,980
Quote:
I can stop 'sulking' now because everyone else is receiving their CIEM's as i just got my shipping email confirmation
bigsmile_face.gif
.  Didn't see the attached pics until much later because i was so happy i didn't even scroll down the rest of the message!

Share them with us!

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #184 of 7,980

i will take some proper ones when i get them. 

doug i ordered them around beginning of the year but i think dr moulton is pretty swamped at the moment. They are definitely worth the wait though!

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #186 of 7,980

doug i ordered them around beginning of the year but i think dr moulton is pretty swamped at the moment. They are definitely worth the wait though!

Wow those are very nice, definitely post your impressions.

I have been talking to John about creating something similar to those for my remolds. Update I emailed John earlier and they have received my shipment. USPS does not do a very good job in updating their tracking. I can't wait to see what my remoulds look like.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #187 of 7,980

Quote:

Wow I never even though about combining the two, they look great! 

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #188 of 7,980

Quote:
Kunlun would you say the Heir 8A has the same sound signature as the Denons? Which particular one would it be closer to in this case ? 2000/5000/7000?

I haven't heard the Denons--I've kept to iems.

Maybe Project86 or kckc can help.

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #189 of 7,980

Quote:
I haven't heard the Denons--I've kept to iems.

Maybe Project86 or kckc can help.

Sorry, I haven't heard the Denons either.

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #190 of 7,980

Quote:

That looks awesome!

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #192 of 7,980

Quote:

I do believe they have similarities with my Lawton LA7000, which is a modified Denon D7000. I only had it in stock form less than a week before mailing it to Lawton for mods, so I don't have enough experience with the stock D7000 to really say. I recall the mids being more recessed than either the LA7000 or the 8.A, and I think the treble was a bit more sharp. My LA7000 has similar treble to the 8.A - smooth but still very present. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #193 of 7,980

Quote:
I do believe they have similarities with my Lawton LA7000, which is a modified Denon D7000. I only had it in stock form less than a week before mailing it to Lawton for mods, so I don't have enough experience with the stock D7000 to really say. I recall the mids being more recessed than either the LA7000 or the 8.A, and I think the treble was a bit more sharp. My LA7000 has similar treble to the 8.A - smooth but still very present. 

Thanks that sounds good. I actually haven't heard the 7000 or the LA7000 for that matter. But I have modded my Denon 5000s to open back and a fellow headfier to who first did this magical mod preferred his open back Denon 7000s to the LA7000. So hopefully I'll still enjoy the sound and there will be some differences.

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #194 of 7,980

Quote:

When I first put these on the first thing I noticed is their similarity to the Denon line. To me, they sound like the 5k. They dont have the total lack of mids of the 2k. But then again, the only two in the Denon series I've owned is the 2 and 5k. Have no idea about the other variants.

Anyway, some pics of my 8.A's.

Unfortunatly after some time wearing them I've noticed some fit issues. My left side looses seal pretty easily and the right is causing a bit of pain. I'm going to be taking them into my audiologist to see if he thinks he could adjust them before I try and send them back to heir.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #195 of 7,980

Interesting. But in comparison to the Denons is its bass well controlled? I had to mod my denon 5000s into open-back in order to solve the boomy sub bass.
Quote:
When I first put these on the first thing I noticed is their similarity to the Denon line. To me, they sound like the 5k. They dont have the total lack of mids of the 2k. But then again, the only two in the Denon series I've owned is the 2 and 5k. Have no idea about the other variants.

Anyway, some pics of my 8.A's.

Unfortunatly after some time wearing them I've noticed some fit issues. My left side looses seal pretty easily and the right is causing a bit of pain. I'm going to be taking them into my audiologist to see if he thinks he could adjust them before I try and send them back to heir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back