The "WINDOWS 7 IS FREAKING AWESOME!" thread.
Jul 26, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #61 of 289
I've been using Avira for the past 7-8 years and I do not see myself trusting any other antivirus as much as Avira. Its the best I've used.

I however have a proble with the win7 sound. I find its much lower (weak) than vista. I really have to turn up the volume to reach the same level as Vista. Do you experience this as well?

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #62 of 289

That's odd... completly changed overnight? hmm I call shenanigans.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #64 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look here at the OS X Snow Leopard update page on amazon..

Amazon.com: Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard: Software

now look at the What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?

lol.. who'd have thought it eh
wink.gif

Anyway.. carry on chaps.

LOL!
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #65 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone noticed a performance boost while playing games on Windows 7? I'm just asking.

Nope. I got a drop.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #66 of 289
My laptop doesn't lag any more when I jump into water in TF2 on max settings. So yes, Win7 seems to have a bit of a performance boost but I haven't done any formal testing.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #67 of 289
Anyone got COD4 Modern Warfare multiplayer running?

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #68 of 289
great OS. i am unashamed in that remark.

lighter and less bloated than its predecessors (exception: Windows M.E)
wink_face.gif

cant wait to get my retails through the door

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #69 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone noticed a performance boost while playing games on Windows 7? I'm just asking.

I got a 10 FPS boost in Far CRY 2, HOWEVER I am unsure how much of that is Windows 7 or my increased overclock after using windows 7. I think it may have something to do with better memory management as I am running on 1gb of ram. I know, but it's my parents computer and I have to use it until I get my main system going.
That computer happens to be a Mac.
I would say that OS X is still better than Windows 7, except for the fact that it cannot play games but I have windows for that.
I use OS X for everything except gaming, which I see as the ideal combination, an OS X/Windows 7 dual boot.
One must note that Apple is releasing Snow Leopard in September, which is touted to provide 80% increases in speed for applications such as Mail, and is being developed for speed and performance, not features and bloat, how software SHOULD be developed.
This all being said, I love my linux
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #74 of 289
I really don't understand the comparisons to OSX. Windows is not and will never be like X. It borrows more features from Ubuntu and other variants of Linux imo.

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #75 of 289
have been using the pro version 64bit on both my laptop and desktop

so far so good however i just pop 4gb of ram into my desktop because win7 still consume a fairly amount of ram compared to winxp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back