The "WINDOWS 7 IS FREAKING AWESOME!" thread.
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #287 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I installed Windows 7 yesterday. My windows.old folder is about 49GB. The installation was pretty painless. I'm still playing around with it and still have some programs to reinstall. I've run into one problem though with Rhapsody. Whenever I try to stream music, the music starts but then abruptly stops and I get a message that there is some sort of permissions issue with my firewall even though they are all set. When this happens, it shuts down my network.

I can't connect and when I did a diagnostic, it said my ethernet cable wasn't attached. This happenes both under the Windows firewall as well as Comodo (not running at the same time, obviously). I could not find any reported issues with Rhapsody and Win7. I'm wondering if there is a port someplace that's not open. FWIW, I installed the most recent updated version of Rhapsody which is optimized for Win 7. I still have an older version backed up so I may try installing that instead.

Edit: I tried installing the prior version and it works fine. I noticed some DRM components were installed which I didn't see with the most updated version. I wonder if RealNetworks excluded something which caused the error.

That's weird. What version of Rhapsody were you running and which are you running now? I'm on 4.0 build 5.209 and it's working perfectly. I'm not sure if it's Windows 7 optimized or whatever, it's just the one that it gave me when I clicked on download player on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back