The WickedSchiit Meet - New England - Nov 18th, 2018

Will you be attending

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2018 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

gc335

Headphoneus Supremus
Update: I need a final headcount no later than 11/13 for catering. If your are a maybe please update your vote. The plan is to have a lunch and then an afternoon snack. If you will be arriving after lunch or leaving early please PM me so that I can get accurate numbers. Also, please let me know if you have dietary restrictions. Thanks!

Please join us on November 18th, 2018 for The WickedSchiit Meet - New England. This event will give New England Head-Fiers a chance to network, show off their gear and try out some other schiit they haven't heard before. You may even leave with some free gear! Don't feel you need to bring stuff. Newbies welcome!

Raffle:
Each attendee will receive one ticket (no cost) for a drawing that will take place towards the end of the event. Right now I have a Schiit Lyr 3 w/DAC (4490/DS), Audeze iSine10 with Cypher cable and Audeze t-shirts to raffle off. I also now have a Periapt cable to raffle off.

Date and Time:
Sunday November, 18th, 2018
10:00am to 5:00pm (I'll be there around 8:30 setting up)
Lunch served at 1pm
ICECREAM BAR at 3pm

5400 Computer Drive
Westborough, MA 01581
(35 minutes west of Boston)

Highlights:
Schiit Audio
is not only generously sponsoring this event but they are also sending us most of their current product line for us to check out. As an added bonus, they are sending a Lyr 3 w/DAC (4490/DS) for us to raffle off.

Audeze will be sending most of their current line up. If there is an Audeze headphone that you have wanted to check out now is your chance. They are sending some t-shirts for me to raffle off as well. Update: I'm also getting an iSine10 to raffle off.

Empire Ears is sending us the Phantom universal and the Legend X universal. If you have wanted to try these before you buy them this is your chance. Bring your own tips/DAP/source. They are the standard size. If you have questions let me know. Please see me during the meet or let me know ahead of time if you want to try them.

Other Notes/Rules:
- I'm going to hand out name tags just so we have a little control over who is there. We have a bunch of expensive stuff and we want to make sure strangers aren't coming in.

- The venue does not allow outside food or drinks but there will be catering provided. You can bring a sealed water bottle and if you walk in with a coffee it wont be a big deal.

- If you have food or drinks please keep it away from the gear. You don't want to be the guy or girl that spill a cup of joe on a Dave!

- There is plenty of parking around the venue.

- Please remember to respect each other's gear. Ask before unplugging anything!

- It's a good idea to mark you gear. I use blue painters tape with my screen name when I attend meets.

- Remember hygiene please!! Wash up before the event and avoid skin products and make-up. They can degrade leather and other ear pad material and people may have allergies. For example, I'm highly allergic to benzyl peroxide (acne medication).

Confirmed member attendees and gear:
gc335
: Schiit Asgard 2, Hugo 2, LCD2, DT770, Mobius and possibly some IEMs. BYOTs
JWizzlez: ZMF Ori, Sennheiser HD 660S & 650, Hifiman HE-560, MassDrop Plus, Dunu DN-2000, LH Labs Geek Pulse xfi with linear power supply, Lake People G-109A SE, Schiit Valhalla, Chord Mojo, and Astell & Kern AK70
Richsvt: Schiit Bimby/Lyr 2Magni 3/LokiCayin N5ii, Hiby R3 and Fiio X5iii, Shanling M0
Mr. Speakers Ether, AQ NightOwl, HE-400i, Meze 99 Classics?Campfire Andromeda, Ibasso,
64 Audio U8
Mullet: Senn HD800S, ZMF Atticus, AKG 7XX, ES9023 based DIY All-In-One Streamer-DAC-AMP based off a Beagle Bone Black (Volumio), ACKO S03 re-clocker, ACKO ES9023 DAC, and "The Wire" amp and 6DJ8 based output transformer coupled amp
porkfried Soekris 1541, Cayin IHA6, Inpsire IHA1, HD800, HD6XX, HE6 and ZMF Blackwood.
dspigs0705: Sigma Pro Stax
JoshMo: Eddie Current Aficionado, Soekirs DAC1541, HD800, HD660, HE6
spwath: HD800S, Theta DSPro Progeny, SPS DAC 3, Pete Millett Jonokuchi
CleverAudioName:
System One-
Source: NAD M50.2
DAC: Luxman DA-06
Amp: Luxman P-750U
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond
Analog Cables: Nordost Tyr 2
Headphones: Audeze LCD-4/LCD-4z

System Two-
Source: NAD M50.2
DAC: Chord DAVE
Amp: Chord DAVE
Digital Cables: Nordost Heimdall 2
Headphones: Audeze LCD-MX4/LCD-3/LCD-i4

System Three-
Source: Bluesound Node 2
DAC: RME ADI-2
Amp: RME-ADI-2
Digital Cables: Nordost Blue Heaven
Headphones: Audeze LCD-X/LCD-XC

System Four-
Source: Bluesound Node 2 (using both digital outs)
DAC: Parasound ZDAC v2 & Marantz HD-DAC1
Digital Cables: Audioquest Carbon (coax), Audioquest Cinnamon (toslink)
Headphones: Audeze LCD-2/LCD2 Closed-Back

System Five-
Source: Apple MacBook
DAC: Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Headphones: Audeze SINE DX/ SINE CBs
Mark Up: Shure 1540
pbandstefanwich: HD800, RS1, LCD 3 Yggdrasil, Ragnarok
Bagwell359: Ragnarok, Gumby Multi-bit, Cambridge CXC, HE-500 (mods), MD-X00 Mahogony; Fostex FH500RP (mods), about 20 select CD's and power cables, etc.
fac: ZMF Blackwoods (LTD red walnut), LH Labs Pulse Sfi w/ LPS
Ninjapirate9901: Source: RME ADI-2, MD THX AAA 789 Phones:LCD-2, ZMF Eikon, HD 800
Ether 2, Arya (maybe)
tulon: Macbook > Soekris 1541 and Vali 2. I'll also be bringing Argon mk2, mk3 and Sennheiser HD 580, as well Periapt cables
toopoor
dufi001

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 115
Reserved...

Sep 28, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3 of 115
Hey liked the Oct. date better, but beggars can't be choosers.

My plan is to bring -
Senn HD800S
ZMF Atticus
AKG 7XX
...and maybe something else

...my ES9023 based DIY All-In-One Streamer-DAC-AMP based off a Beagle Bone Black (Volumio), ACKO S03 re-clocker, ACKO ES9023 DAC, and "The Wire" amp.
...and my 6DJ8 based output transformer coupled amp. http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/6DJ8-Tube-Headphone-Amp/

Can't wait for the fun!

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 115
Hey liked the Oct. date better, but beggars can't be choosers.

My plan is to bring -
Senn HD800S
ZMF Atticus
AKG 7XX
...and maybe something else

...my ES9023 based DIY All-In-One Streamer-DAC-AMP based off a Beagle Bone Black (Volumio), ACKO S03 re-clocker, ACKO ES9023 DAC, and "The Wire" amp.
...and my 6DJ8 based output transformer coupled amp. http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/6DJ8-Tube-Headphone-Amp/

Can't wait for the fun!
Great!!! Same here! It'll be a good time.

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 115
Sorry Im late to respond to this, but count me in. Gear always changing, but...... Eddie Current Aficionado, Soekirs DAC1541, HD800, HD660, HE6 should be coming
Great! I'm glad you can make it Josh! Spread the word!

Oct 4, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #10 of 115
I will probably be able to make it. Gear Ill bring is:

Modded HD650
Theta DSPro Progeny
SPS DAC 3
Pete Millett Jonokuchi
Great! Let me know if you can't make it. I added you and your gear to the list.

Oct 8, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #12 of 115
I managed to snag an amazing deal and traded my hd650 +$400 for a HD800 S. So I'll be bringing that instead of hd650.
Nice! I updated you gear!

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #13 of 115
Sounds interesting. I don't have very interesting cans, but, my electronics might be useful.

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #14 of 115
Sounds interesting. I don't have very interesting cans, but, my electronics might be useful.
Sounds good! You'll have a chance to try out some new stuff. There will be a bunch of good headphones there.

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #15 of 115
Nice! I updated you gear!

I assume it's mixed equipment, like DAP's and amps (input from CD, Comp) sort of anchoring, with phones moving around in some cases and staying in others. Please set that straight if I'm wrong.

I could bring my Rag & Gumby along with a junk Sony CD changer. I don't have the update Gen 5 on the Gumby yet, so USB might not work so well.

My HE-500 modded probably are interesting enough to bring, and

I didn't see a MD X00 Mahogany on the list yet (but I may sell mine before hand).

Might bring my modded Fostex FH-500RP which I didn't see listed either.

Suppose I could bring the HFM 4XX modded too.

Can't wait to hear a HE-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back