1. Attending

81.8%
  2. Maybe

18.2%
Page 1 of 2
Next

Last
  1. gc335
    Please join us on November 18th, 2018 for The WickedSchiit Meet - New England. This event will give New England Head-Fiers a chance to network, show off their gear and try out some other schiit they haven't heard before. You may even leave with some free gear!

Raffle:
    Each attendee will receive one ticket (no cost) for a drawing that will take place towards the end of the event. Right now I have a Schiit Lyr 3 w/DAC (4490/DS) and some Audeze t-shirts to raffle off.

Date and Time:
    Sunday November, 18th, 2018
    10:00am to 5:00pm

5400 Computer Drive
    Westborough, MA 01581
    (35 minutes west of Boston)

Highlights:
    Schiit Audio
    is not only generously sponsoring this event but they are also sending us most of their current product line for us to check out. As an added bonus, they are sending a Lyr 3 w/DAC (4490/DS) for us to raffle off.

Audeze will be sending most of their current line up. If there is an Audeze headphone that you have wanted to check out now is your chance. They are sending some t-shirts for me to raffle off as well.

Empire Ears is sending us the Phantom universal and the Legend X universal. If you have wanted to try these before you buy them this is your chance. Bring your own tips/DAP/source. They are the standard size. If you have questions let me know. Please see me during the meet or let me know ahead of time if you want to try them.

Other Notes:
    - The venue does not allow outside food or drinks but there will be catering provided.
    - There is plenty of parking around the venue.
    - Please remember to respect each other's gear. Ask before unplugging anything!
    - It's a good idea to mark you gear. I use blue painters tape with my screen name when I attend meets.

Confirmed member attendees and gear:
    gc335
    : Schiit Asgard 2, Hugo 2, LCD2, DT770, Mobius and possibly some IEMs. BYOTs
    JWizzlez: ZMF Ori, Sennheiser HD 660S & 650, Hifiman HE-560, MassDrop Plus, Dunu DN-2000, LH Labs Geek Pulse xfi with linear power supply, Lake People G-109A SE, Schiit Valhalla, Chord Mojo, and Astell & Kern AK70
    Richsvt: Schiit Bimby/Lyr 2Magni 3/LokiCayin N5ii, Hiby R3 and Fiio X5iii, Shanling M0
    Mr. Speakers Ether, AQ NightOwl, HE-400i, Meze 99 Classics?Campfire Andromeda, Ibasso,
    64 Audio U8
    Mullet: Senn HD800S, ZMF Atticus, AKG 7XX, ES9023 based DIY All-In-One Streamer-DAC-AMP based off a Beagle Bone Black (Volumio), ACKO S03 re-clocker, ACKO ES9023 DAC, and "The Wire" amp and 6DJ8 based output transformer coupled amp
    porkfried
    dspigs0705
    : Sigma Pro Stax
    JoshMo: Eddie Current Aficionado, Soekirs DAC1541, HD800, HD660, HE6
    spwath: HD800S, Theta DSPro Progeny, SPS DAC 3, Pete Millett Jonokuchi
    CleverAudioName:
    System One-
    Source: NAD M50.2
    DAC: Luxman DA-06
    Amp: Luxman P-750U
    Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond
    Analog Cables: Nordost Tyr 2
    Headphones: Audeze LCD-4/LCD-4z

System Two-
    Source: NAD M50.2
    DAC: Chord DAVE
    Amp: Chord DAVE
    Digital Cables: Nordost Heimdall 2
    Headphones: Audeze LCD-MX4/LCD-3/LCD-i4

System Three-
    Source: Bluesound Node 2
    DAC: RME ADI-2
    Amp: RME-ADI-2
    Digital Cables: Nordost Blue Heaven
    Headphones: Audeze LCD-X/LCD-XC

System Four-
    Source: Bluesound Node 2 (using both digital outs)
    DAC: Parasound ZDAC v2 & Marantz HD-DAC1
    Digital Cables: Audioquest Carbon (coax), Audioquest Cinnamon (toslink)
    Headphones: Audeze LCD-2/LCD2 Closed-Back

System Five-
    Source: Apple MacBook
    DAC: Audioquest Dragonfly Red
    Headphones: Audeze SINE DX/ SINE CBs

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 4:55 PM
    SilverEars and bb rodriquez like this.
  2. gc335
    Reserved...

3. Mullet
    Hey liked the Oct. date better, but beggars can't be choosers.

My plan is to bring -
    Senn HD800S
    ZMF Atticus
    AKG 7XX
    ...and maybe something else

...my ES9023 based DIY All-In-One Streamer-DAC-AMP based off a Beagle Bone Black (Volumio), ACKO S03 re-clocker, ACKO ES9023 DAC, and "The Wire" amp.
    ...and my 6DJ8 based output transformer coupled amp. http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/6DJ8-Tube-Headphone-Amp/

Can't wait for the fun!

skem and gc335 like this.
  4. gc335
    Great!!! Same here! It'll be a good time.

5. dspigs0705
    Definitely coming, not entirely sure what my gear will be, but will 100% be bringing Sigma Pro Stax cans.

gc335 likes this.
  6. JoshMo
    Sorry Im late to respond to this, but count me in. Gear always changing, but...... Eddie Current Aficionado, Soekirs DAC1541, HD800, HD660, HE6 should be coming

gc335 likes this.
  7. spwath
    I will probably be able to make it. Gear Ill bring is:

Modded HD650
    Theta DSPro Progeny
    SPS DAC 3
    Pete Millett Jonokuchi

gc335 likes this.
  8. gc335
    Great! I'm glad you can make it Josh! Spread the word!

9. skem
    Alas, I’ll have to miss this now. I’m away that particular weekend. Have fun guys.

gc335 likes this.
  10. gc335
    Great! Let me know if you can't make it. I added you and your gear to the list.

11. spwath
    I managed to snag an amazing deal and traded my hd650 +$400 for a HD800 S. So I'll be bringing that instead of hd650.

gc335 likes this.
  12. gc335
    Nice! I updated you gear!

spwath likes this.
  13. bagwell359
    Sounds interesting. I don't have very interesting cans, but, my electronics might be useful.

gc335 likes this.
  14. gc335
    Sounds good! You'll have a chance to try out some new stuff. There will be a bunch of good headphones there.

15. bagwell359
    I assume it's mixed equipment, like DAP's and amps (input from CD, Comp) sort of anchoring, with phones moving around in some cases and staying in others. Please set that straight if I'm wrong.

I could bring my Rag & Gumby along with a junk Sony CD changer. I don't have the update Gen 5 on the Gumby yet, so USB might not work so well.

My HE-500 modded probably are interesting enough to bring, and

I didn't see a MD X00 Mahogany on the list yet (but I may sell mine before hand).

Might bring my modded Fostex FH-500RP which I didn't see listed either.

Suppose I could bring the HFM 4XX modded too.

Can't wait to hear a HE-6.

gc335 likes this.
Page 1 of 2
Next

Last