The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 22, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #89,792 of 91,357
I am Looking for some serious listening impressions about brise audio’s new FUGAKU.

I wonder how it will compare with TOL IEMs ?

Will it be just a little better than my Amber Pearl or will it be a totaly better experience ? ?
I don't believe this is available anywhere yet and so no one can provide such definitive opinions and comparisons as of now.

May 22, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #89,793 of 91,357
I am Looking for some serious listening impressions about brise audio’s new FUGAKU.

I wonder how it will compare with TOL IEMs ?

Will it be just a little better than my Amber Pearl or will it be a totaly better experience ? ?
I tried Fugaku and the soundstage is very good, everything is heard without excess or deficiency. However, I don't understand why the cables need to be SHIROGANE and the ridiculous price. Since the seller claims to have “rallied our flagship” I'm just waiting for the lower priced version.
IMG_3075.jpeg

May 23, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #89,794 of 91,357
Rn6 + 1Z tonight while I wait for the time time to take my next antibiotic and head off for the night.

Nothing like music to take off the edge off.

Context: My family decided to head up to cottage country over the long weekend here. Had some bites afterwards but figured it was mosquito bites and didn't think much because were on a floating dock.

Next day (Monday), there was a bit of itching and redness didn't think too much. Woke up around 5 AM Tuesday Morning, and it felt kinda off, and I noticed that both spots on each of my ankles had became abscesses. Figured I let the pus out and sterilize a needle. Right foot was swollen but I figured it was just an adverse reaction to a moquito bite.

Decided to go to a walk in because the abcess on my mum's forearm looks like a tick bite with something still stuck in there to check if Lyme disease needed to be treated. Doctor takes one look and gets tweezers, turns out she also had a bit on the forehead which is cleared, gets an antibiotic/anti-inflammatory creme.

My turn comes around I figure it might be an adverse reaction and doctor goes nope, it's a tick bite. Takes a look at my right foot and puts me on a course of antibiotics and the creme.

May 23, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #89,795 of 91,357
Rn6 + 1Z tonight while I wait for the time time to take my next antibiotic and head off for the night.

Nothing like music to take off the edge off.

Context: My family decided to head up to cottage country over the long weekend here. Had some bites afterwards but figured it was mosquito bites and didn't think much because were on a floating dock.

Next day (Monday), there was a bit of itching and redness didn't think too much. Woke up around 5 AM Tuesday Morning, and it felt kinda off, and I noticed that both spots on each of my ankles had became abscesses. Figured I let the pus out and sterilize a needle. Right foot was swollen but I figured it was just an adverse reaction to a moquito bite.

Decided to go to a walk in because the abcess on my mum's forearm looks like a tick bite with something still stuck in there to check if Lyme disease needed to be treated. Doctor takes one look and gets tweezers, turns out she also had a bit on the forehead which is cleared, gets an antibiotic/anti-inflammatory creme.

My turn comes around I figure it might be an adverse reaction and doctor goes nope, it's a tick bite. Takes a look at my right foot and puts me on a course of antibiotics and the creme.
Ugh... Hope you get better soon. I once had African Tickbite Fever in Swaziland and couldn't make it to the doctor without a taxi. Less than a 500 m walk. Hope you won't get to that stage.

drftr

May 23, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #89,797 of 91,357
Been listening to stuff other than my usual daily driver, the Audiosense T800. Namely the EPZ K5 and Soundrhyme SR5.

I decided to give the T800s a listen after a few days spent with the hybrids and man. What a special IEM. It's going for $200 on AliExpress these days, and while that segment is quite saturated, I'd say it still holds its own really well. Love this IEM so much.

May 23, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #89,799 of 91,357
Running my favorite IEM off the headphone output of my favorite speaker amplifier of all time, the Accuphase e800. Accuphase is a 50-year old Japanese powerhouse of a brand. The e800 is their 35 kilogram, $15,000, Class A flagship amplifier. Crazy, yes. But sounds crazy good as well. 😂

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1197.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #89,800 of 91,357
This was inevitable… work getting in the way of a listen for now!

IMG_4091.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4100.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

May 23, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #89,802 of 91,357
Running my favorite IEM off the headphone output of my favorite speaker amplifier of all time, the Accuphase e800. Accuphase is a 50-year old Japanese powerhouse of a brand. The e800 is their 35 kilogram, $15,000, Class A flagship amplifier. Crazy, yes. But sounds crazy good as well. 😂

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1197.jpeg
Damn, appreciate the setup 😍

with great amps (and not to sensitive IEM’s), it really goes to another level.

The Rhapsodio Supreme V3 also works REALLY wel with a desktop amp. Soundstage and impact vastley improve. As is the case for the Jewel as well.

May 23, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #89,804 of 91,357
IMG_1443 2.JPG

Enjoying my time with two Eletech "Romeo" prototypes and the Penon Voltage. Early days so far but the Romeo V1 is easily winning my heart here-- I love it just as much as I did at NYC. Soulful well balanced tuning across the spectrum-- rich full bass and forward (but not too forward) clear mids...does everything right for me. Think Elysian with just a touch of Campfire...a great combo for me (YMMV). The V2 is a more generic mid forward-bass light tuning that hasn't really grabbed me yet. More to come.
Very nice! It's the first I've heard of Romeo, I'll look out for that. It will be great to hear you're impressions for the Voltage as well after it's burnt in.

May 23, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #89,805 of 91,357

Damn, appreciate the setup 😍

with great amps (and not to sensitive IEM’s), it really goes to another level.

The Rhapsodio Supreme V3 also works REALLY wel with a desktop amp. Soundstage and impact vastley improve. As is the case for the Jewel as well.

How good are desktop equipment for IEMs? With my N30, but also with other DAC/AMPs I have tested, I have found that I find low-gain better overall; otherwise the sound with high-gain and the like or more voltage is for me generally too clear, sharp / not musical enough, less black background, the sound expands too much and loses cohesion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back