The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 20, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #87,166 of 88,287
Random question, does anyone remember what is the model number of this dac/amp?

D1_0.jpg

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #87,167 of 88,287
Apr 20, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #87,169 of 88,287
Some Eletech Baroque Tip Tips

For the vast majority of tips out there, going with small for each ear yields me the best results. But for Baroques, it was different.

Tip #1 of 2: Size-Up

Unlike most tips I’ve tried, Eletech’s Baroque tips are both thinner and softer by a considerable margin. They are far more compliant than I initially assumed, and undergo significant deformation on insertion. The net result is that I got a far better seal by moving up to a larger size than I would typically use.

I found this out by trying some medium Baroques recently, whereas for any other tip I’d just blind buy a bunch of small tips and leave it at that. But experimenting with a medium sized tip for my left ear gave me that satisfying pop-on-removal.

Tip #2 of 2: Vary Sizes

As many of you know, human ears are not symmetrical, and that’s why it’s not uncommon for experienced IEM wearers to wear differently sized tips. But with Baroques, you’ll definitely want to experiment with sizing -- especially with Eletech’s recent introduction of “in-between” sizes (MS, ML, XL) to complement their original sizes (S, M, L).

In my case, my left ear’s canal entrance is slightly larger than that of my right ear. Since that’s not a very big difference, I simply blind bought small tips for both ears, for years on end. Again, having recently experimented with sizing above, I found that going with medium small for my right ear gave me the same satisfying pop-on-removal, as medium tips did for my left ear.

TL;DR: For Baroque tips, consider moving up one half-size (or one full size) for each ear.

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #87,170 of 88,287
I wasn't aware of Mirai Audio - tnx! What a luxury to have FiR, UM, 64, etc, at your doorstep. Will visit them once I get back to KL for sure.

How about some great pics of your daughters horses then? They may be the largest pets on this thread, but hey...

drftr
View attachment 1713664207628.jpeg
Performance Hunters
1713664260068.jpeg

USHJA Derby
View attachment 1713664491651.jpeg
Derby Handy round for top 8 finalists.
My wife does not like photos🤷🏼‍♂️
And my job is taking the photos.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #87,171 of 88,287
Some Eletech Baroque Tip Tips

For the vast majority of tips out there, going with small for each ear yields me the best results. But for Baroques, it was different.

Tip #1 of 2: Size-Up

Unlike most tips I’ve tried, Eletech’s Baroque tips are both thinner and softer by a considerable margin. They are far more compliant than I initially assumed, and undergo significant deformation on insertion. The net result is that I got a far better seal by moving up to a larger size than I would typically use.

I found this out by trying some medium Baroques recently, whereas for any other tip I’d just blind buy a bunch of small tips and leave it at that. But experimenting with a medium sized tip for my left ear gave me that satisfying pop on removal.

As many of you know, human ears are not symmetrical, and that’s why it’s not uncommon for experienced IEM wearers to wear differently sized tips. But with Baroques, you’ll definitely want to experiment with sizing -- especially with Eletech’s recent introduction of “in-between” sizes (MS, ML, XL) to complement their original sizes (S, M, L).

In my case, my left ear’s canal entrance is slightly larger than that of my right ear. Since that’s not a very big difference, I simply blind bought small tips for both ears, for years on end. Again, having recently experimented with sizing above, I found that going with medium small for my right ear gave me the same satisfying pop on removal, as medium tips did for my left ear.

TL;DR: For Baroque tips, consider moving up one half-size up for each ear.
I always forget to experiment with sizing each ear differently. I knew there was a reason why I buy the various size packs and now I remember.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #87,172 of 88,287
Apr 20, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #87,173 of 88,287

In my case, my left ear’s canal entrance is slightly larger than that of my right ear. Since that’s not a very big difference, I simply blind bought small tips for both ears, for years on end. Again, having recently experimented with sizing above, I found that going with medium small for my right ear gave me the same satisfying pop on removal, as medium tips did for my left ear.

TL;DR: For Baroque tips, consider moving up one half-size up for each ear.
I have given up on the irrational fear that someone borrow my IEM and realise that my ears are asymmetric to embrace the fact that two ears use different ear tips size 😂 so much more comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #87,174 of 88,287
I have given up on the irrational fear that someone my borrow my IEM and realise that my ears are asymmetric to embrace the fact that two ears use different ear tips size 😂 so much more comfortable.

It's proof that you're human and not a Replicant! :wink:

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #87,175 of 88,287
As I mentioned before, only had these titanium beauties for a few days on loan from Musicteck to test it. Here is my detailed write-up of Melodic Artification Alter Ego DD/4BA/4EST open-back IEMs. Enjoy the read!

ma-alter-ego-19.jpg

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #87,178 of 88,287
Which of the Brise cables is that? The stock cable on Mest Mk3 looks very nice, but it's more reckles than my teenage sons. So I'm tempted to start cable rolling.
Brise Asuha LE

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #87,180 of 88,287
Thanks. I take it you're happy with the combination :wink:
Truth is, despite the stock cable being so stiff, I'm reluctant to change, because of how nice the combo looks. I only listen at home, so not a big issue, but still. Brise cables match everything aesthetically and they sound so good.
I cable roll EVERYTHING to a Brise cable these days. Just love what they do to the sound of any IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back