The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #86,596 of 88,362
There is a fine line between crazy and genius. However, I think @Damz87 rides that line and steers towards being a genius of giving you a really good audio deal with the eccentricity of the fact that the items you purchase from him are crazily still as close to mint as you can get without that new plastic wrap still being on the item itself.
He only pulls them out of virgin territory by unboxing them. After that thrill is gone they're up for sale.

Makes you wonder how many girlfriends he has unboxed in his life 😲

drftr

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #86,597 of 88,362
Alright guys, got a confirmation by Mark, with the help of my bro @Crazeee (Thanks again man!), the Silver alloy cable that i tried with Alter Ego isn't the same as the Liquid Links cable that came with the MA Eclipse which was copper, the sleeving just happened to be similar.

This is the Silver Alloys Cable:

1713080692867.jpg

Whilst this is the LL cable that came with MA Eclipse: (Pic Credit to @Scubadevils)

1713080692840.jpg

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #86,598 of 88,362
It's all for the polls as Jeremy loves 'em more than anyone else. He's waiting for the day Jeff posts a poll asking how many times people have bought the bird, at which time he will come in first at 7 times 😁

drftr
I mean it was like it was physically painful for him to list the Bird. His mood improved so much after he pulled back the sale. I hope he enjoys them thoroughly.

Perhaps one day there will be a poll. That would be a moment to shine. @drftr Thank you for being cool and the help with the sultan feedback in classifieds. Meant a lot to me, more than I can say. Made me actually feel like I belong on head-fi. Like I was welcome here and in the cooler and appreciated. Your a good person mate. One day I hope to be your friend.

Now the questions becomes did he try all the versions of the bird? Or is the Bird Ti made out of unobtainium like it is rumored to be?

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #86,599 of 88,362
He only pulls them out of virgin territory by unboxing them. After that thrill is gone they're up for sale.

Makes you wonder how many girlfriends he has unboxed in his life 😲

drftr
Sounds like we need to get @Damz87 an unboxing channel then. One where he can get all the thrill and just chill. At that point though are we intruding on the special moment?

I thought @Damz87 was Australian. How many girlfriends has he unboxed in his life? Probably quite a few. Ladies tend to find Australian accents attractive, that and I bet he has probably used the line before of if you let me unbox you I will go down under. Seems like it could work. You know different strokes for different folks. Or as we say in the cooler your milage may vary.

Before the watercooler mob comes at me, this is a joke, it is not meant to attack the character or personality of @Damz87 in any way. If it offends him in any way I whole heartedly apologize and will delete the post. Watches the torches go out and sees just the pitchforks. I think I am safe er... runs anyways just to be safe.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #86,602 of 88,362
can you tell me between the Sultan and the 64 Audio Volur which do you prefer?
To me Volür (with m12, stock cable, CP145, and PAW6000) has the perfect tonal balance, which is very important to me having and wanting only 1 set of IEMs. This is a win over Sultan which has a bit too much lower treble energy for some music. However, I would need to find a way to make Volür sound more open to favour it over Sultan. With a bit of Rn6-ness it would fit the bill.

If I could throw Sultan, Onyx, Ronin, Kublai Khan, Ragnar, Volür, Rn6, U18t, Supreme v3, Storm, Traillii, and Mentor in a kettle I could cook up my favourite soup, no doubt. Close, yet so far away.

drftr

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #86,603 of 88,362
Note to self: Buy drtfr some metaphorical cookware.

Basically sounds like you want a collaboration between Noble and Fir Audio. That seems doable. Or one of the two and 64 audio. UM does not usually play nice with others outside of special collaborations.

What is a supreme v3? In before someone tells me "it is the iem with a supreme price tag." He he. You are so funny. I think one day you will find it. Let me know how the soup ends up going.

Mad scientist idea: Get the cable from the Rn6 and add it to the Volur and keep the CP145 and PAW6000, let me know how that goes. Maybe I just gave you a soup recipe that will work for you.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #86,604 of 88,362
To me Volür (with m12, stock cable, CP145, and PAW6000) has the perfect tonal balance, which is very important to me having and wanting only 1 set of IEMs. This is a win over Sultan which has a bit too much lower treble energy for some music. However, I would need to find a way to make Volür sound more open to favour it over Sultan. With a bit of Rn6-ness it would fit the bill.

If I could throw Sultan, Onyx, Ronin, Kublai Khan, Ragnar, Volür, Rn6, U18t, Supreme v3, Storm, Traillii, and Mentor in a kettle I could cook up my favourite soup, no doubt. Close, yet so far away.

drftr
You do realise what you seek does not and will not exist? 😅 Although I posit your engagement in the hobby is more about the quest itself (and the adventures on the way) than it is about finding the holy grail.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #86,606 of 88,362
You do realise what you seek does not and will not exist? 😅 Although I posit your engagement in the hobby is more about the quest itself (and the adventures on the way) than it is about finding the holy grail.
If I found it I would be out of this hobby. But where's the fun in that? :wink:

drftr

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #86,607 of 88,362
On the ‘Scubi’ topic, a set I’ve had coming up on three years now and not once considered parting with is the IE900… always a pleasure to revisit and sounding wonderful this morning with RS8.

IMG_3090.jpeg
Can it truly be part of the collection without having been scubied at least once, though? Like an initiation ritual? A nice question to philosophize about on a Sunday morning. :)

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #86,609 of 88,362
On the ‘Scubi’ topic, a set I’ve had coming up on three years now and not once considered parting with is the IE900… always a pleasure to revisit and sounding wonderful this morning with RS8.

IMG_3090.jpeg
This is the one I re-bought :) still one of the comfiest IEM’s I’ve ever used so I decided to pick one up again for housework and zoom call duties 🤭

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #86,610 of 88,362

IMG_3090.jpeg
Ah, one of two IEMs I've re-bought (and now know better than to sell again). Amazing bass, sound, comfort. Can't praise it enough. ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back