The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 7, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #85,786 of 89,800
How much warmer would you say? Does the treble take a couple steps back compared to the plain pilgrim?
Maybe closer to diva but not as warm.
Correct, noir treble feels more recessed than og.

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #85,787 of 89,800
It was never my intention to draw a line. I just wanted to add different perspective.

Btw, I like eating ramen noodles too. Often times I eat them the way they are served, however the chef prefers. Sometimes, I feel like adding chopped green chilies which I bring from home to make them more spicy (not that I don't trust the chef's ability in making tasty ramen, I just want to explore my tolerance for spicy food). The servers often looked surprised when I added the chilies, thinking maybe their ramen was good enough for most of their customers. I am sure the chef wouldn't mind me doing so, as long I keep coming back with cash.

Speaking about noodles, this instant noodle is so popular in Indonesia. It's probably not going to win a healthy food award, but it's okay.

IMG_5883.jpeg

Using only the ingredients included in the packaging, this noodle would already taste good, but people can always step up the game by adding extra toppings (I usually add eggs and chilies). From the manucturer's perpective, this noodle is perfect, hence the consistency in ingredients/recipe, but people who buy it will never stop exploring possibilities and being creative with it, incorporating their own elements of choice to the already acceptable taste.

People that are passionate about what they do, $ isn't their priority. Money is just a biproduct of what they love to do.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #85,788 of 89,800
I think dried noodles are limited because they are dried and have to maintain a very long shelf life, and be cheap. I love ramen and have had many fresh bowls, and have tried and still try lots of dry ramen noodles. But I really fail to see any connection between dried ramen and expensive iem, as far as what you get out of the box.

It's a cute analogy, but it's just not a good one compared to a 2k IEM.

That's okay. I just wanted to contribute in any way that I can. Besides, I thought the thread could use more non audio related topics, while we wait for more CJ reports.

I truly hope that you will soon find the answers to your concerns about stock cables.

People that are passionate about what they do, $ isn't their priority. Money is just a biproduct of what they love to do.
You're right. Sorry, it came out wrong. Let me change it "I'm sure the chef wouldn't mind me doing so as long as I keep coming back."
I like ramen Sultan btw 😍

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #85,789 of 89,800
Maybe closer to diva but not as warm.
Correct, noir treble feels more recessed than og.
Thanks. I might stick to the og. I liked the treble. I liked the bass too. I wouldn't mind more better bass but not at the expense of the treble. Time to think.

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #85,790 of 89,800
That's okay. I just wanted to contribute in any way that I can. Besides, I thought the thread could use more non audio related topics, while we wait for more CJ reports.

I truly hope that you will soon find the answers to your concerns about stock cables.
I'm not the one that had major concerns with stock cables. But thanks I guess?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #85,792 of 89,800
Well, it wouldn't have been complete if I didn't try Quattro with the new PB5. Quattro, of all the multi DDs, wants the most power. And it scales quite well with the additional power, another winner in the multi DD camp. The price of entry here is absurd ($400)...it's not monachaa or Trifecta, but it's no slouch having it's own unique tuning and the same coherence as the aforementioned. Penon knows how to tune, no doubt, but here with 4 DDs, they've knocked it out of the park, rAmen😂
1000019573.jpg

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #85,793 of 89,800
No worries. Trust me, now I probably wouldn't wanna get involved with the one that had major concerns with stock cables, whoever that might be. Thanks to you 🤭

Ha. Totally agreed.

If you are ever in NYC I'd be happy to throw my ramen favorites into the conversation. It has been a ten year mission of trying all different spots and I have more to try, on a mission to find the best tonkotsu bowl in the city. Though I do need to branch out to other broths more. I always add a poached or soft boiled egg to my ramen, and sometimes other stuff. Some places have so many great options. But you can't overdo it!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #85,794 of 89,800
They didn't improve attenuation compared to Spinfit 145, which was my main goal.

drftr
If even the Final E tips don't tame the treble enough for me, I just give up on the IEMs

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #85,795 of 89,800
I was hoping the Noir would be a warmer version as that is my preference. I was excited about the Pilgrim but now the Noir has my full attention! Do we know the price point? Will it be the same price as Pilgrim but just a retune?
If I recall around 800USD, about 80% more than Pilgrim OG. If I were to ever consider bringing a wired set to the gym, I’d get Noir.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #85,796 of 89,800
Apr 7, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #85,797 of 89,800
Well, it wouldn't have been complete if I didn't try Quattro with the new PB5. Quattro, of all the multi DDs, wants the most power. And it scales quite well with the additional power, another winner in the multi DD camp. The price of entry here is absurd ($400)...it's not monachaa or Trifecta, but it's no slouch having it's own unique tuning and the same coherence as the aforementioned. Penon knows how to tune, no doubt, but here with 4 DDs, they've knocked it out of the park, rAmen😂
1000019573.jpg
You no longer use Penon RENATA on Quattro?

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #85,798 of 89,800
Why do you say so?
For that price, form factor, and overall energetic sound signature that would be suitable for my gym library

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #85,799 of 89,800
You no longer use Penon RENATA on Quattro?
I'm back and forth, but yes, ultimately that's the cable going on it. The Code 24 goes with my Indigo, but it's in the shop, so I put it on Quattro where it looks (and sounds) awesome.

Edit: I actually ordered another Renata for my Monachaa.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back