The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #85,591 of 88,363
First look at the Pilgrim Noir from Effect Audio's Instagram.
1000019007.jpg

1000019008.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #85,592 of 88,363
I think we should ask the engineers. Of course not engineers that also work for cable companies :) As far as ergonomics and colors and terminations, I do believe the engineers don't care about that. But to say they could care less about any of the actual cable specs of what it is made out of? I'd love to ask the brands here that aren't associated with cable makers or do special editions with cable makers - those have a conflict of interest.

Feel free. In our Sponsors section, at the bottom of each sponsor's page, you'll find a listing of those companies' reps. You can pose your questions to them.

First look at the Pilgrim Noir from Effect Audio's Instagram.

1000019008.jpg

Dunno why, but it reminds me of
1712383105718.png

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #85,593 of 88,363
So are these the same engineers that are designing the IEM to sound a certain way, with different drivers and tunings and crossovers? With what cable exactly? What cable do they test them with to make sure they sound right before given approval to be sold? Wouldn't they sell it with the cable that they heard the sound they wanted with?

For example, 64 audio said they tested multiple variations of the isobaric DD in the Volür before getting it right? What cable did they use to check that with?
It's great if each iem released is matched to its' cable - but to whose preference ? I don't think it is unusual that a manufacturer creates a product with less than ideal or common parts across models and tunes them according to those parts. I am sure Aroma is happy with Jewel as it is - but hobbyists are always going to try to get the best from their gear. If a cable swap is going to better the performance or make it more preferred, I don't see what the concern is. And if one is happy with the stock cable, that is excellent. I have a few iems - some of which i use the stock cable and some i dont. No biggie.

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #85,594 of 88,363
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #85,595 of 88,363
It's great if each iem released is matched to its' cable - but to whose preference ? I don't think it is unusual that a manufacturer creates a product with less than ideal or common parts across models and tunes them according to those parts. I am sure Aroma is happy with Jewel as it is - but hobbyists are always going to try to get the best from their gear. If a cable swap is going to better the performance or make it more preferred, I don't see what the concern is. And if one is happy with the stock cable, that is excellent. I have a few iems - some of which i use the stock cable and some i dont. No biggie.
Very good point!

All I have to say is: Type-E (stock, with which IEM are tuned ) with EE. That doesn't work for me at all.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #85,596 of 88,363
Look at all the people who modify their daps. :scream_cat::smile_cat:

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #85,597 of 88,363
Some do, some don't. To each their own right? I was just trying to point out that, in the cases of those who don't, the choice of what cable to include is simply not based on sound.

A lossless (or hi-res) wireless transmitter for streaming or something?
I can see myself using that from my Mac/iPhone to my L&P P6P or ifi GoPods. getting away from AAC. Also not relying on AE unbranded transmitters

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #85,599 of 88,363
A cable is a fundamental part of the sound that the manufacturer can control. Where is the logic that they are sending out their expensive product with a cable that doesn't do the "correct" sound?

Please tell me the logic you are using to say why these manufacturers would sell these products without a cable that produces what they consider the correct sound.
Because sometimes this may push the cost of the overall package up higher than intended. Can't remember which manufacturer it was but this exact reason was mentioned quite a while back. By doing this cost can be kept within reason and give the end user more flexibility in tuning fundamental design sound to preference. Then you've got the other end of the spectrum like AP/N30LE where the complete package was addressed and reflected in cost. You've also got to cater to two distinct groups with opposing views of cables making any change to perceived sound.

I'd imagine it would be quite hard for a company to R&D cable matching for their range of IEM's when you could simply change a tip or source and it resets where 'X' cable would sit in terms of preference. As long as the IEM measures correctly as per design spec (which cable rolling most likely doesn't change) then that would be job done from a business perspective and the ergonomics / aesthetics then take precedence.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #85,601 of 88,363
This is my subbass IEM of the year. Fantastic recommendation from @gadgetgod, deep and awesome subbass rumble with amazing clarity. I’m blown away… inaugural release from Eminent Ears, co-owner Travis is a very nice guy. @HiFiHawaii808 is working to see how a tour unit can be arranged.

Attachments

• IMG_9483.jpeg
    IMG_9483.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #85,602 of 88,363
This is my subbass IEM of the year. Fantastic recommendation from @gadgetgod, deep and awesome subbass rumble with amazing clarity. I’m blown away… inaugural release from Eminent Ears, co-owner Travis is a very nice guy. @HiFiHawaii808 is working to see how a tour unit can be arranged.
Yup yup super excellent set 😍😍😍

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #85,603 of 88,363

Looks very nice! What's the driver configuration?

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #85,605 of 88,363

Users who are viewing this thread

Back