The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #85,216 of 89,866
More hubub at summit fi prices, meanwhile I'm just fuming at UPS.

Everytime I receive something shipped by them, the burning desire for them to completely collapse wells.

I was doubtful that My 1Z would arrive today when I got the scheduled date yesterday given that the last scan was Saturday morning in Buffalo.

Woke up to a duties charge, which I paid as well as notification it was out for delivery I have 3 other people in the house at the time the supposed "delivery" took place, no doorbell rung no delivery truck. Somehow the status read as "Attempted to delivery, unable to get payment", despite the same tracking showing I had paid said fees. Rescheduled for tomorrow, when I won't even be at home.

So I spent 10 minutes in their automated system with it mangling my tracking number multiple times before it directed me to an agent who was courteous and polite and checked that the system did show fees as paid and dispatch would have the driver deliver before the end of day.

If course there was minimal expectation that would happene anyways. Delivery was already rescheduled to tomorrow in the system, and really its up to the driver.

Of course its quite obvious the driver figure they could take off early on Easter Monday and didn't even bother to attempt the delivery. Probably going to end up picking it up at a depot because I'm not paying UPS more money to reschedule or drop at a local UPS store for pickup.
Yeah it happened a few times with me shipping express mail overnight delivery with UPS. The driver didn't even show up and the tracking was updated with attempted delivery no access code in front gate. Gate automatically opens without access code in my area. Lol. Sometimes ups drivers is just too lazy when they have too many packages to deliver and they will skip a few deliveries with excuses so they have more time to deliver the next day. I guess it's sometimes understandable as some ups drivers can have more than 300 packages to deliver within 12 hour shift.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #85,217 of 89,866
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #85,218 of 89,866
My new bass king. By a good margin!
1000137767.jpg

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #85,219 of 89,866
Yeah it happened a few times with me shipping express mail overnight delivery with UPS. The driver didn't even show up and the tracking was updated with attempted delivery no access code in front gate. Gate automatically opens without access code in my area. Lol. Sometimes ups drivers is just too lazy when they have too many packages to deliver and they will skip a few deliveries with excuses so they have more time to deliver the next day. I guess it's sometimes understandable as some ups drivers can have more than 300 packages to deliver within 12 hour shift.
DHL usually overestimates their expected date and generally you know if an item is going out for delivery or not. DHL also doesn't do this schedule delivery dates/time frames nonsense

Fedex is slightly worse at that with their statuses updating when you already can tell whether the package will deliver before it happens. They never make the expected time frame.

But neither of them have simply decided to not show up and claim they did but were unable to take payment.

Funfact: UPS is the only courier how has lost an incoming package to me. Back at the end of 2019, I bought an open box set of U12t from Headphones.com. They picked up the package but lost it somehow. Taron ended up Fedexing it to me.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #85,221 of 89,866
A revisit to Turii Ti tonight with RS8 - I think RS8 is perhaps the best source I’ve heard for my beloved single DDs, the R2R magic provides perfect synergy.

In my mobile home an extra night as have a bad cold or flu… some red wine medicine 🍷😬

IMG_2717.jpeg

Listening to the brilliant Bowery Electric, not an album I’d typically choose with Turii Ti but sounding fantastic.

I was listening to their follow up Beat last night with my R8II and Singularity. How does the RS8 handle dense electronic dub and techno? Does the speed translate accordingly?

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #85,222 of 89,866
Apr 1, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #85,223 of 89,866
More hubub at summit fi prices, meanwhile I'm just fuming at UPS.

Everytime I receive something shipped by them, the burning desire for them to completely collapse wells.

I was doubtful that My 1Z would arrive today when I got the scheduled date yesterday given that the last scan was Saturday morning in Buffalo.

Woke up to a duties charge, which I paid as well as notification it was out for delivery I have 3 other people in the house at the time the supposed "delivery" took place, no doorbell rung no delivery truck. Somehow the status read as "Attempted to delivery, unable to get payment", despite the same tracking showing I had paid said fees. Rescheduled for tomorrow, when I won't even be at home.

So I spent 10 minutes in their automated system with it mangling my tracking number multiple times before it directed me to an agent who was courteous and polite and checked that the system did show fees as paid and dispatch would have the driver deliver before the end of day.

If course there was minimal expectation that would happene anyways. Delivery was already rescheduled to tomorrow in the system, and really its up to the driver.

Of course its quite obvious the driver figure they could take off early on Easter Monday and didn't even bother to attempt the delivery. Probably going to end up picking it up at a depot because I'm not paying UPS more money to reschedule or drop at a local UPS store for pickup.
I did the same to pick up instead of rescheduling. Looking forward to your comparison between 1Z and 1AM2.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #85,225 of 89,866
1000088363.jpg

This chain is the perfect synergy for me.. WM1Z > Dita OSLO > PP8 (with stock tips)

I have a lot of fancier gears including dedicated amps at home.. but adding any of them into the chain sort of disrupts the existing synergy.. I have yet to find a piece of gear that could be considered an absolute upgrade for the system.. most gears will add some improvements while taking away some magic at the same time..

So for the newbies and entry level portables audiophiles in this thread, don't get discouraged by all the megabuck gears constantly being discussed here.. just keep experimenting with gears in your price range and you will surely find your (near) perfect synergy chain eventually 😁

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #85,226 of 89,866
Just pulled a Scubi and ended the listing. I am keeping them! Using them with a new cable that changed them yet again for the better. Basically I am using the stock Ronin cable on my Monachaas and the excellent stock PWA Monachaa cable on the Ronins. They are uncannily good switched up like that!
Great, I'm happy for you that you've found your love for Ronin again. Ronin is the IEM I was most unsure about whether I wanted to sell it or not. I've never had so much back and forth before. And I've also had thoughts of buying it again. For me personally, Ronin simply has the best (natural) vocals, among other things. Enjoy it!

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #85,227 of 89,866
I still have my eye on the Radon6
If you can handle Ragnar treble while eyeing Radon 6 see if you can find the new Noble Onyx. It's basically a warmer Radon 6 but with slightly brighter treble.

No worried, I understand German. Just not Germans.

My new bass king. By a good margin!
1000137767.jpg
Interested in your thoughts compared to U12t and Radon 6. I like your cable choice better than my PWA August Fun (1960s 2-wire really) that made bass overpowering and clogged up the mids. Wrong combination.

drftr

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #85,229 of 89,866
Interested in your thoughts compared to U12t and Radon 6. I like your cable choice better than my PWA August Fun (1960s 2-wire really) that made bass overpowering and clogged up the mids. Wrong combination.

drftr
Compared to u12t, I can sense a bigger soundstage, much higher bass resolution, much more bass quantity, and slower decay on the bass (due to DD), and overall more musicality.

Compared to Rn6, I think the Volur has lesser bass physicality but I do prefer the bass in all other terms on the Volur. Volur has a more wholesome, enveloping (I felt Rn6's was unidirectional), and higher bass resolution, quality and quantity. Also, I much prefer the Volur's tuning as everything sounds right to me. I wasn't a fan of the Rn6's sweet treble tuning. The resolution on both I feel is comparable.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #85,230 of 89,866
Just pulled a Scubi and ended the listing. I am keeping them! Using them with a new cable that changed them yet again for the better. Basically I am using the stock Ronin cable on my Monachaas and the excellent stock PWA Monachaa cable on the Ronins. They are uncannily good switched up like that!
Did you sell your Perseus cable which you used to have on your Ronin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back