The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 31, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #85,006 of 90,227
For me personally, the Type-E (clear) don't work at all: too much bass, which suffocates mids and trebles. But yes, they are pretty comfy.
I actually find them to reduce treble and smoothen treble peaks, but yeah I agree they smoothen things too much sometimes.

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #85,007 of 90,227
The holy trinity:
Pentaconn Coreir Brass
Final Type E
Spinfit CP 100+
DSC_0480.JPG
I also surprisingly like the Timsok Ts-316 stock tips, Eletech Baroque, AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal+Xelastec and Moondrop Spring Tips.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #85,009 of 90,227
Would you guys mind helping me with a small survey as to which eartips do you prefer (in sound quality)? I'm using Coreir Brass on Singularity and feel that male vocal isn't very deep and resonant. Despite of the perfect fit.

Tangzu Sancai wide bore and Velvet are my favourites.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #85,014 of 90,227
3 more responses and all eartips available on the market have been recommended once 😅

drftr
I personally think that there are some "standard" tips that you have to have. The rest are supplementary and can be tested out of curiosity.

My standard tips are in particular: AET07, AZLA (Crystals, SednaEarfit Short/Light), SpinFit W1, UM's blue stock.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #85,015 of 90,227
I personally think that there are some "standard" tips that you have to have. The rest are supplementary and can be tested out of curiosity.

My standard tips are in particular: AET07, AZLA (Crystals, SednaEarfit Short/Light), SpinFit W1, UM's blue stock.
And every one of us will have our own 'standard' sets. Mine was AET07 then JVC Spiral Dot and Sony EP-EX11.

But I've recently been a bigger fan of Azla MAX ASMR (my new standard), SpinFit W1, Omni and CP145, and I have Azla Origin incoming.

Honorable mentions: Eletech Baroque (I'm generally not a fan of wide bore tips unless they have dots inside, but these are great), and Final Type E.

Edit: and half my permanent IEMs are customs, so there's that.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #85,016 of 90,227
And every one of us will have our own 'standard' sets. Mine was AET07 then JVC Spiral Dot and Sony EP-EX11.

But I've recently been a bigger fan of Azla MAX ASMR (my new standard), SpinFit W1, Omni and CP145, and I have Azla Origin incoming.

Honorable mentions: Eletech Baroque (I'm generally not a fan of wide bore tips unless they have dots inside, but these are great), and Final Type E.

Edit: and half my permanent IEMs are customs, so there's that.
Yes, of course you're right that everyone has their own standards.

I thought the W1 and CP145 were very similar, with the W1 having more bass. Or am I wrong? I must have read it somewhere.

I'm also very interested in the Origin, but I didn't want to buy them blind as they would cost a lot with fees etc and I don't really need new tips; I'm pretty satisfied with the AET07. My dealer doesn't have them. So it would be great if you could write something about it later.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #85,017 of 90,227
what exactly? I don’t see it at all and I’ve already forgotten))
Flip your phone sideways to see the signatures. Yours says something about devils and baboons.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #85,018 of 90,227
Yes, of course you're right that everyone has their own standards.

I thought the W1 and CP145 were very similar, with the W1 having more bass. Or am I wrong? I must have read it somewhere.

I'm also very interested in the Origin, but I didn't want to buy them blind as they would cost a lot with fees etc and I don't really need new tips; I'm pretty satisfied with the AET07. My dealer doesn't have them. So it would be great if you could write something about it later.
I'm due to write up a mega tip comparison review. I will get to that eventually...

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #85,019 of 90,227
In my view how tips are perceived is so dependent on the individual’s ear shape that it is very hard to say anything objective about them.

My favorite tips are the AET07 and the Divinus Velvet, and I also use the Coreir, the Xelastecs or Crystals, and a few other Azla tips. The main goal I am looking for with tips is a solid fit. I do not have the luxury of tip rolling for sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back