The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #84,466 of 87,755
Your sponsored brands are growing very fast!

Thank you! Just for updated transparency in the community...

My main clients:

FatFreq
PLUSSOUND
Effect Audio

Brands I have strong relationships with and do occasional work for (those that are current are on the sponsor list on my profile):

Elysian Acoustics
Symphonium Audio
FiR Audio
Headphones.com
Bloom Audio
Elise Audio
Musicteck

Past/retired brands:

DUNU
iFi audio
Noble Audio
Kinera
Rosson Audio

My wishlist of brands I and the community would like to see more involvement from:

@Craft Ears (bug Jed about this!)
Empire Ears (bug @Jack Vang about this!)
Unique Melody (bug @DrummerLeo about this)
Canpur (I don't have contact for this team, someone connect me?)
Astral Acoustics (I don't have contact for this team, someone connect me?)
A DAP brand (Cayin, iBasso. Hiby?) (I don't have contact for these teams. Can someone connect me?)

What we do for them:

- product tours / reviews / community feedback for product development
- social media content / copywriting / product photography
- forum management and engagement
- product development and guidance over branding and tuning

And, of course some other stuff that's under NDA.

Where is this going?

Honestly, it's too early too tell. I could stay solo - right now, I'm at almost at the point of where I could hire someone to help. I could become a consultant with my team. It could become a global internal network - things like how Musicteck runs, but we won't be involved in direct sales. This is for the community and runs strictly on standard retainers and your occasional partnership + collab.

We're only considering sticking with portable audio—IEMs, cables, DAPs, and DACs/AMPs when it makes sense. For now, we're not considering headphones or full-sized equipment - of course, we'd always make room for ZMF because Zach and Bevin have been on my list of mentors since day 1!

Where can you help?

Please get involved in the product tours we run. Please give us feedback on the brands you'd like to see and provide introductions when it makes sense. Keep on posting about your love for the hobby in threads like these. This success relies on how engaged and involved you all are, too!

Any ideas? Let me know! We're all ears for what you'd like to see more of and what we can do better on.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #84,467 of 87,755
Thank you! Just for updated transparency in the community...

My main clients:

FatFreq
PLUSSOUND
Effect Audio

Brands I have strong relationships with and do occasional work for (those that are current are on the sponsor list on my profile) :

Elysian Acoustics
Symphonium Audio
FiR Audio
Headphones.com
Bloom Audio
Elise Audio
Musicteck

Past / retired brands:

DUNU
iFi audio
Noble Audio
Kinera
Rosson Audio

My wishlist of brands I and the community would like to see more involvement from:

@Craft Ears (bug Jed about this!)
Empire Ears (bug @Jack Vang about this!)
Unique Melody (bug @DrummerLeo about this)
Canpur (I don't have contact for this team, someone connect me?)
Astral Acoustics (I don't have contact for this team, someone connect me?)
A DAP brand (Cayin, iBasso. Hiby?) (I don't have contact for these teams. Can someone connect me?)

What we do for them:

- product tours / reviews / community feedback for product development
- social media content / copywriting / product photography
- forum management and engagement
- product development and guidance over branding and tuning

And, of course some other stuff that's under NDA.

Where is this going?

Honestly, it's too early too tell. I could stay solo - right now, I'm at almost at the point of where I could hire someone to help. I could become a consultant with my team. It could become a global internal network - things like how Musicteck runs, but we won't be involved in direct sales for the community that runs strictly on partnerships and collaboration.

Right now, we're only considering sticking with portable audio—IEMs, cables, DAPs, and DACs/AMPs when it makes sense. For now, we're not considering headphones or full-sized equipment - of course, we'd always make room for ZMF because Zach and Bevin have been my mentors since day 1!

Where can you help?
Get involved in the product tours we run. Give us feedback on the brands you'd like to see and provide introductions when it makes sense. Keep on posting on threads like these about your love for the hobby. The success of this relies on how engaged and involved you all are, too!

Any ideas? Let me know!
Mate, you collect brands like Thanos collecting infinity stones :dt880smile:

Fascinating how you can build a career that lives and breaths this hobby. Salute to you.

Mar 24, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #84,468 of 87,755
Mate, you collect brands like Thanos collecting infinity stones :dt880smile:

Fascinating how you can build a career that lives and breaths this hobby. Salute to you.

It's why @TaronL made my profile picture for me! Two more to go till we have a full gauntlet and can level up with our first snap :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #84,469 of 87,755
that means he is not at financial freedom state and keep buying and selling and losing money?
Er no, it's just wisdom for being in the hobby.

Selling what you have to offset the cost of acquiring new gear.
Getting itchy – Let’s see what I have on my agenda 2 weeks from now…
Oh hoooo, Joop is on the prowl again

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #84,470 of 87,755
Mar 24, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #84,472 of 87,755
Mar 24, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #84,474 of 87,755
I'm quite sad that I didn't manage to attend your meeting in Amsterdam. Your photos really reveal everyone's happiness and the good vibe that was with you. What a great meeting.
I'm currently undergoing tests at hospital and the worst thing that's troubling me right now is that it's been discovered that my vision has decreased dramatically in both eyes, whereas it was already poor before. I have no idea, I just hope that things will somehow stop now so that I can still travel to such a meeting like this in the future. Hey sorry,...
I would appreciate more photos from the meeting.
all the best buddy

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #84,475 of 87,755
I'm quite sad that I didn't manage to attend your meeting in Amsterdam. Your photos really reveal everyone's happiness and the good vibe that was with you. What a great meeting.
I'm currently undergoing tests at hospital and the worst thing that's troubling me right now is that it's been discovered that my vision has decreased dramatically in both eyes, whereas it was already poor before. I have no idea, I just hope that things will somehow stop now so that I can still travel to such a meeting like this in the future. Hey sorry,...
I would appreciate more photos from the meeting.

As far as I am concerned, you are part of the Euro crew, Jörg. Let’s say that you were there in spirit.. Best of luck with your recovery and see you at the next Euro event!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #84,476 of 87,755
IMG_4758.jpeg

Had a chance to pair my gold brick with my friends tiger and the synergy is off the charts such a great portable set up 🔥🐅🎶

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #84,477 of 87,755
The FitEar Titan/Eletech Sonnet of Adam keeping me company and sane as I await...

IMG_3899.jpeg

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #84,479 of 87,755
Hi Fellas, has anyone compared the SQ on a DAP when using internal storage vs external microSD Card?

Also has anyone compared various microSD cards for SQ? Which ones are the best? For the sake of this discussion, lets just assume that there is an SQ difference between cards and not have a debate about if now.. 😁

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #84,480 of 87,755
Hi Fellas, has anyone compared the SQ on a DAP when using internal storage vs external microSD Card?

Also has anyone compared various microSD cards for SQ? Which ones are the best? For the sake of this discussion, lets just assume that there is an SQ difference between cards and not have a debate about if now.. 😁
Have you checked out the Sony WM1ZM2/WM1AM2 thread? I think you can find some answers there. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back