The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 12, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #83,583 of 88,245
Does anyone have any brief impressions on the Pilgrim vs the Timsok TS-316?

Seem like comparables for the price and for hitting above their weight.
For me, Pilgrim took the win but Tim Sok was solid ..pilgrim was more impressive, but Tim Sok was more cohesive.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #83,584 of 88,245
Great way to start off my week. I received the VE Aura demo from @SBranson for @Rockwell75 tour.

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

The design / build quality is awesome. It feels lighter than it looks.

IMG_2437.jpeg

The dark grey : bronze gold faceplate works well here giving it an understated vintage aesthetic. The cut outs near the VE logo gives it a slight pop to contrast the otherwise minimalistic design. It looks the part of a high end iem. I'll post some sound impressions after enough ear time.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #83,585 of 88,245
What did they do to your Anni? Where can you buy them?
It took what I love about the annihilator and added more to it the treble is just gorgeous with those tips just made everything sound even more alive.. they are difficult to get When I bought my annihilator, the seller was kind enough to add a pair

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #83,586 of 88,245
Started watching the pretty disturbing TV show ‘From’ in the last few days… delighted I did mostly as I’ve discovered this stunning Pixies cover as a result.

Both, the song and the show, are among the best in the last years imo.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find the song in any streaming service. Can you buy it somewhere?

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #83,587 of 88,245
Hello everyone! A question for AK x VE Aura owners. Has anyone had any issues like hissing with Aura? When I use different cables except the stock one I get a hissing sound in the left IEM. What could it be? Faulty unit? Would appreciate any ideas you might have.
I do know that it is a very easy Iem to drive so if you have a powerful amplifier, you will hear a waterfall hiss

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #83,588 of 88,245
Both, the song and the show, are among the best in the last years imo.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find the song in any streaming service. Can you buy it somewhere?
It's just that I don't recognize The Pixies in this song at all. We're talking Surfer Rosa / Bossanova / Come on Pilgrim Pixies, right?

drftr

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #83,589 of 88,245
Great way to start off my week. I received the VE Aura demo from @SBranson for @Rockwell75 tour.

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

The dark grey : bronze gold faceplate works well here giving it an understated vintage aesthetic. The cut outs near the VE logo gives it a slight pop to contrast the otherwise minimalistic design. It looks the part of a high end iem. I'll post some sound impressions after enough ear time.
Aura is still even after Canjam my personal favorite of all time 🙌 looking forward to your impressions hopefully you enjoy your time with them!

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #83,591 of 88,245
No it happens only with left piece and especially when i touch the 2pin connector so it appears that this one is defective. I am so upset rn and don’t know what to do..
This happens with every cable ? Did you try using a different amp?

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #83,593 of 88,245
Yes, every cable. Even with the stock one. The hissing can be easily heard when listening at a low volume level. Sometimes it gets so bad that I can hear it while switching to higher volume level.
Yeah, I would contact wherever you got it from immediately and confront them with this problem

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #83,594 of 88,245
Started watching the pretty disturbing TV show ‘From’ in the last few days… delighted I did mostly as I’ve discovered this stunning Pixies cover as a result.

Every time someone mentions Pilgrim, I think of this:

I don't know why all the companies which utilize modules would make proprietary sizes but its totally possible.
I don't think its all that surprising, given each IEM company that wants to implement something like APEX or ATOM has their own cost/design constraints to work with for the IEMs they want to make.

I'd only be speculating, but there has to be a good reason why FiR's ATOM modules are smaller than the 64 Audio APEX ones they could have just copied or licensed, especially when you consider that FiR makes ATOM modules that fit 64 Audio IEMs. I don't think anyone really enjoys futzing around with the minuscule ATOM XS modules on the FiR universals; that's got to be a trade-off for something else that FiR decided was worth it for their universals. I was always going to get a custom Xe6 anyway, but not making this trade-off was just a bonus.

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #83,595 of 88,245

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

A very pretty IEM. Looking forward to your impressions! On paper it sounds very interesting, with VE mids and DD bass. Curious to know if they are very sensitive and prone to hiss like some other VE models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back