The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #81,346 of 91,357
I wrote a review of Anni 2023 a while back and it is very warm and bassy. Most people complain that the bass quality isn’t top notch. The quantity of bass tuned in is perfection to my ears.

The treble on Anni is about as good as you can get and it would be too bright if it wasn’t balanced by the warmth in the mid bass / lower mids
Pulling the trigger and getting Anni next, hope it will not fall behind the rather high expectations, the fun thing about blind purchases of this kind is .. they are fun and you get surprised either way lol

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #81,347 of 91,357
Here's mine. Atriums are wonderful, beautiful headphones.

I agree! Here is mine. :)

1707863375122.jpeg

Pulling the trigger and getting Anni next, hope it will not fall behind the rather high expectations, the fun thing about blind purchases of this kind is .. they are fun and you get surprised either way lol

Having read what you are looking for I think you will like them a lot.

You are the first person pointing at warm rich midbass with Anni, usually I read about treble and how bright it is ;D

It is true that most of the praise for the Annihilator is about its treble quality, but I have said several times that the bass quantity combined with its excellent technical performance is one of the main aspects that sets them apart from other TOTL IEMs for me, and most reviews do reference the mid bass elevation as well.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #81,348 of 91,357
I own both the Mentor and Trifecta.

IMHO it’s hard to beat Mentor in the holographic department. Personally, not even the Trifecta can beat it with the same source. However, I find the WM1ZM2 a great pairing with the Trifecta for soundstage.

I hesitate to recommend the Trifecta given the polar opposite opinions with regards to its tuning although it’s my favourite monitor. So, YMMV. Hope you like it as much as I do.
Thank you so much for the A/B comparison of Mentor and Trifecta. It really helped me to decide keeping my Mentor.

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #81,350 of 91,357
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #81,351 of 91,357
Thanks, Phiemon was already so kind to feed me every bit of iem rankings on headfi so I can make an educated descision. I found my Jewel slightly too bright and somewhat flat, I really enjoyed the detail and amount of air, but dont have that much fun with it as I do with my Traillii, will have to let it go.
While I enjoy good technicaltiies a lot, I am usually into natural fun tunings (see ZMF tree) over sheer technicalities, that was basically the reason to let go my Susvara and why I never got much into over ear e-stats. Instrument body and physicality is rather important to me, thats something that I found Traillii doing rather well. So yeah the idea is to improve the treble region and get more detail than Traillii maintaining the fun tuning without having something too overly analytical.
You can do this with a cable if it is not a drastic change. For example, if you expand your search beyond traditional options like PW FT or Orpheus. These are certainly good upgrade options, but they mostly retain the original character of the Traillii. I didn't really like the original Traillii because of their very warm and accurate treble, so my goal was to achieve better control and more defined treble with more air and nuances. This was achieved, so they were with me for a long time as the main IEMs.

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #81,352 of 91,357
20240213_200329.jpg20240213_200417.jpg
Everyone's having fun and I had to file a refund for these.

Bought a set of Fitear/2 Pin adapters off AliEx. Love having extra power on those. Only problem? They're straight adapters and the listing shows an angled one.

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #81,353 of 91,357
20240213_200329.jpg20240213_200417.jpg
Everyone's having fun and I had to file a refund for these.

Bought a set of Fitear/2 Pin adapters off AliEx. Love having extra power on those. Only problem? They're straight adapters and the listing shows an angled one.
I never try getting refund or return from Ali Express, thought it would be impossible, looking forward to hearing your result.

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #81,354 of 91,357
Does Brise Audio typically has very long lead time? I ordered BSEP for Z1R, but now received email that they can ship out no sooner than April 26. Just wandering why since this is not an customized cable.

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #81,355 of 91,357
Does Brise Audio typically has very long lead time? I ordered BSEP for Z1R, but now received email that they can ship out no sooner than April 26. Just wandering why since this is not an customized cable.
I’m not sure but it appears that there is some substantive protraction of their delivery timelines. For another Brise cable, I’m told no earlier than Jun/Jul 🌚

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #81,356 of 91,357
I wanted to signal boost a cool iem display / stand by MidWinter Design Works. Came across Casey on reddit who makes custom headphone stands. Contacted him to see if he could mount the hooks on the flat side vs edge for iem's. In short, he just finished mine and will ship next week and here are some photos of it.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #81,357 of 91,357
I wanted to signal boost a cool iem display / stand by MidWinter Design Works. Came across Casey on reddit who makes custom headphone stands. Contacted him to see if he could mount the hooks on the flat side vs edge for iem's. In short, he just finished mine and will ship next week and here are some photos of it.

image1.jpegimage2.jpeg
I've seen these listed over on reddit too and they always looked stunning but I don't have full size cans and I don't feel like hanging iems is great for the life of the connectors?

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #81,358 of 91,357
I’m not sure but it appears that there is some substantive protraction of their delivery timelines. For another Brise cable, I’m told no earlier than Jun/Jul 🌚
I guess that they operate in waves since each cable is custom made. They don't just have a bunch of inventory piled up and waiting to ship like some companies do with their lower wares.

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #81,359 of 91,357
Yep, told a couple of months or so for mine. I'll have forgotten about it by then so it'll be a nice surprise when it comes!

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #81,360 of 91,357

Users who are viewing this thread

Back