The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #76,831 of 91,360
I'm hoping to. Figuring out weekend coverage, wife is thinking she'll take the munchkin to a friend's for an extended playdate while I have mine. Bloom was also my opportunity to demo trifecta while I was there, for what 5 minute impressions are worth. Today's another day marked by job rejections and cloudy skies, trying to get my dopamine fix where I can. Would be nice to have an event in the new year to look forward to.

Between Musicteck and Bloom tables two days will not be enough, but you can try. Yes, looking forward to CanJam and reconnecting with Watercoolers!!! Was even thinking, maybe @Rockwell75 and @HiFiHawaii808 can talk to CanJam organizers to have a short Watercooler meet booked in the room where they usually have CanJam Seminars, maybe early on Saturday for all of us to have a short meet'n'greet and take a group picture with everybody in one place :)

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #76,832 of 91,360
Between Musicteck and Bloom tables two days will not be enough, but you can try. Yes, looking forward to CanJam and reconnecting with Watercoolers!!! Was even thinking, maybe @Rockwell75 and @HiFiHawaii808 can talk to CanJam organizers to have a short Watercooler meet booked in the room where they usually have CanJam Seminars, maybe early on Saturday for all of us to have a short meet'n'greet and take a group picture with everybody in one place :)
This is a great idea 💡 👀

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #76,833 of 91,360
Canpur CP32e arrived.

Nice unboxing experience.

1704395810264.jpeg

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #76,835 of 91,360
Just curious, which review said that VE10 has too much treble energy? Relative to PHX and Aura they actually tuned down the treble to add more warmth to the sound. VE10 has more body in lower mids than Aura, on par with PHX. But unlike PHX, it has DD bass performance with analog texture similar to Aura. VE10 is warmer tuned, with a fuller body typical natural-resolving VE-mids, more reserved treble, but still with a great resolution. Will be reviewing it next, and actually looking forward to it.

And, since I already shared this FR measurements in VE thread, here it is again, for those who like to look at squiggles :wink:

VE_VE10_Aura_PHX.jpg
Headfonia mentions it for example - https://www.headfonia.com/vision-ears-ve10-review/3/

Thanks for sharing the graph and looking forward to your comparison to other TOTLs 🙂

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #76,836 of 91,360
Just curious, which review said that VE10 has too much treble energy? Relative to PHX and Aura they actually tuned down the treble to add more warmth to the sound. VE10 has more body in lower mids than Aura, on par with PHX. But unlike PHX, it has DD bass performance with analog texture similar to Aura. VE10 is warmer tuned, with a fuller body typical natural-resolving VE-mids, more reserved treble, but still with a great resolution. Will be reviewing it next, and actually looking forward to it.

And, since I already shared this FR measurements in VE thread, here it is again, for those who like to look at squiggles :wink:

VE_VE10_Aura_PHX.jpg
Thank you for the squiggles. Agree the main thing with the PHX is the lack of DD. Can you post in the cooler thread when the review is complete?

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #76,838 of 91,360
Thank you for the squiggles. Agree the main thing with the PHX is the lack of DD. Can you post in the cooler thread when the review is complete?

@twister6 always posts links to reviews when pub'd – in this and corresponding forum thread.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #76,839 of 91,360
@twister6 always posts links to reviews when readying – in this and corresponding forum thread when pub'd.

Even better would be subscribing to our website so that you get an email notification every time a new article is published. Just click on the subscribe box at the lower right corner of the website. :blush:

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #76,840 of 91,360
Just got the TIMSOK TS-316, two day delivery from @MusicTeck to Norway is impressive.
One word to describe the sound: Musical
I know its a almost cliché word to use, but its just what TS-316 is for me.

I don't have my Simgot EA1000 here now, but from memory this seem as technical but better tuned for my taste.
Warmer and less aggressive sounding, but still plenty of energy to sound excellent with speedy metal or other fast genres.
And a warm natural timbre that is wonderful with acoustic music like jazz.
Wonderful midrange, love how nuanced and emotional voices are.

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #76,841 of 91,360
Just got the TIMSOK TS-316, two day delivery from @MusicTeck to Norway is impressive.

I don't have my Simgot EA1000 here now, but from memory this seem as technical but better tuned for my taste.
Warmer and less aggressive sounding, but still plenty of energy to sound excellent with speedy metal or other fast genres.

Ahhh gorgeously stunning photo! :clap: ❤️ 2-SOKs

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #76,842 of 91,360

I regret not snagging this during the sale, unfortunately life happened and audio is not a priority this month. Consider me jealous!!

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #76,843 of 91,360
Hello all ,

New member here .... actually I have be occasionally checked out this forum for a long time, but never posted until recently.

So I want to tell you a few things about my experience with IEMs , then I will share a really cool experience (which may fell like I'm bragging .... I'm not, I am actually super grateful and want to ask for some advice).

So my first set of high end IEMs are the Shure SE846 (blue) .... got them from an ebay shop , new/unopened , but they were about 40-45% off the (ridiculous now) retail price. I still like them, but the fall short in comparison to chinese IEMs for less than half the price :) .

Then I got the Sony N3AP , which are kind of unusual and rare and I love them .... even if these dont do anything particularly well :)

And then I started getting some new and popular sets, in this order:

Variations, Oracles (OG , which are great for mids/vocals) and more recently the Monarchs MK3 .... which could be end-game for me. I will not say more about these sets because they are all very popular and I am really .... really ... really bad ad describing sound :)))
Also I cannot say about myself that I understand and perceive music very well , but I do love and listen to a lot of rock (varying from grunge to metalcore :) ) , and a lot of hip hop but mostly west cost golden age era inspired , also some independent hip hop artists (for example the Rhymesayers groups/rappers) ... and some brit pop (like Suede ) or pop/rock like The Cure or Florence.

Now I will share the really cool thing that happened to me about a month ago: I am the lucky winner of a very expensive set from HBB's giveaways .... the LOKI !!! Again, I am not bragging, I am super grateful and lucky this happened , and I want to ask for some advice. As you probably know, the build, packaging and accessories of these are great .... about the sound: there are reviews, and I mostly agree with them and I dont have anything to add give these are about 10 levels above my listening capabilities :)))

At this point, I am thinking of selling or exchanging this set. I must mention they are in excellent condition as I have received them, and I have only used 2 sets of tips , Symbio F med (which I would keep since they are orange foams, and now show wear or they are a bit dirty and will never look like new) , and the cp145 (which can be disinfected or washed) ... and there are about 12 more sets that I did not use at all :)) .

So if I try to sell them, would these be worth about 2000n USD , given they sell for 3100 ?
Another option would be to swap them for something similarly priced, I would like to try the Grand Maestro :) , or maybe something like UM Multiverse (plus a difference from my side).

Thank you !
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on the Loki😄. Lucky win! I am sure you will be able to sell around 2K, but as you mention maybe the smart thing is to try and swap for something equal in price. Good luck with what ever you decide!

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #76,844 of 91,360
Trying Baroque with Turii Ti - these really are excellent tips. Plus fantastic spending time again with Turii Ti, a set that will never leave me… new toy’s sitting in front of me but hard to put Turii away!

IMG_9899.jpeg

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #76,845 of 91,360
Trying Baroque with Turii Ti - these really are excellent tips. Plus fantastic spending time again with Turii Ti, a set that will never leave me… new toy’s sitting in front of me but hard to put Turii away!

Exciting is another fitting word for these tips 🔥🎶

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back