The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 15, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #73,562 of 91,367
Dec 15, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #73,563 of 91,367
Just like the title of James Bond movie : Diamonds Jewel Are Forever 💎💎💎
I was about to propose "Diamonds Jewels are a girl's boy's best friend" :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 15, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #73,564 of 91,367
Ah okay, thanks for correcting me 🙏
Now I can choose which eartips to fine tune my IEMs better 😁
Keep in mind, bass is the most dependent on IEM's fit. Tight and secure fit is what you want without being uncomfortable, of course.
And the length of the bore of the tips is a very important factor too. Dunu S&S are wide bore, but very lengthy and I find they maintain all bass while improving staging on some IEMs.

Dec 15, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #73,565 of 91,367
Dec 15, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #73,566 of 91,367
Fat Freq Grand Maestro fans.. So I’ve strictly been a black NOAH [vocal switch off] listener. To be honest, I always found the ‘vocal switch on’ sound signature a little too lifeless to enjoy. After doing my initial review, I landed on SpinFit W1’s with an all copper PWA cable. Last night I decided to mix things up and well.. I‘m blown away by this new pairing.

New source chain: WM1ZM2 > PWA First Times Ground Adapter > Liquid Links Evia II > GM (Blue Module/ Vocal Switch On) > Render Memory Tips (Hybrid)

IMG_1821.jpeg

I think the biggest impact here are the tips. Significant increase to the low end quantity/ massive boost to sound stage width, imaging capabilities and detail retrieval. The render memory tips are a foam/ silicon hybrid similar to the Symbio W’s. For anyone with the similar gear and an interest in experiencing a completely new sound , I highly recommend giving this a try!
Nice setup there.
May a man ask how the FT ground adapter changes the sound quality?
A man is currently on the regular version. 🙂

Dec 15, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #73,567 of 91,367
IMG_1132.jpeg

Received Aroma Jewel today. I know this IEM is so last year, but I'm super excited to finally give it a listen.
Release year is just a number. Enjoyment is eternal once you find it!

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #73,568 of 91,367
Nice setup there.
May a man ask how the FT ground adapter changes the sound quality?
A man is currently on the regular version. 🙂
I actually just received this yesterday. Let me get a few more sessions in and I’ll share some impressions.

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #73,569 of 91,367
Has anyone managed to compare the SP3000 (CU) with the M9+? What are the differences in the audio area? It kind of drives me crazy that tests from websites don't mention anything (I suspect a condition by A&K or Shanling here), and here in the forum there is no such good information about it, although some already have / had both devices.
I can’t speak to the SP3k Cu, but I did compare the regular SP3k to the M9+. I found them to be quite similar, with the M9+ being 10-15% warmer and also having a much better amp.

What I mean is that if you run the SP3k through an amp like the Tsuranagi or MK475, there’s quite an improvement in dynamics and soundstage. An unamped SP3k falls behind the M9+ specifically in these respects, particularly with higher-sensitivity IEMs (the Rn6/Xe6 are lower sensitivity, Ragnar is higher, Anni/Storm are even higher…). But if we compare amped SP3k to amped M9+, I have a slight preference for the SP3k, for the UI and a slightly more transparent sound.

So if you have no intention of ever getting an amp (and don’t mind an android UI), I would think the M9+ would be a better choice.

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #73,570 of 91,367
I can’t speak to the SP3k Cu, but I did compare the regular SP3k to the M9+. I found them to be quite similar, with the M9+ being 10-15% warmer and also having a much better amp.

What I mean is that if you run the SP3k through an amp like the Tsuranagi or MK475, there’s quite an improvement in dynamics and soundstage. An unamped SP3k falls behind the M9+ specifically in these respects, particularly with higher-sensitivity IEMs (the Rn6/Xe6 are lower sensitivity, Ragnar is higher, Anni/Storm are even higher…). But if we compare amped SP3k to amped M9+, I have a slight preference for the SP3k, for the UI and a slightly more transparent sound.

So if you have no intention of ever getting an amp (and don’t mind an android UI), I would think the M9+ would be a better choice.
Great, thank you very much for the informative explanation. At last I have received some helpful information that I can do something with.

Have a great and relaxing weekend!

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #73,571 of 91,367
IMG_1132.jpeg

Received Aroma Jewel today. I know this IEM is so last year, but I'm super excited to finally give it a listen.
Congras!
How do you rate them compared to Traillii?

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #73,572 of 91,367
Congras!
How do you rate them compared to Traillii?
Shortly: technically (notably?) better (Trailli's soundstage is just wider), but boring because of the tuning (which is "reference", yes, I know... whatever that word might mean, but that's how it feels).

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #73,573 of 91,367
Fat Freq Grand Maestro fans.. So I’ve strictly been a black NOAH [vocal switch off] listener. To be honest, I always found the ‘vocal switch on’ sound signature a little too lifeless to enjoy. After doing my initial review, I landed on SpinFit W1’s with an all copper PWA cable. Last night I decided to mix things up and well.. I‘m blown away by this new pairing.

New source chain: WM1ZM2 > PWA First Times Ground Adapter > Liquid Links Evia II > GM (Blue Module/ Vocal Switch On) > Render Memory Tips (Hybrid)

I think the biggest impact here are the tips. Significant increase to the low end quantity/ massive boost to sound stage width, imaging capabilities and detail retrieval. The render memory tips are a foam/ silicon hybrid similar to the Symbio W’s. For anyone with the similar gear and an interest in experiencing a completely new sound , I highly recommend giving this a try!
B B bbbbut the bass? I just can't get my self into pulling the blue inserts out of the box and try them 😂

1702646942130.png

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #73,574 of 91,367

Could you please describe why you think the SP3k amp lacks power and how you test it? I read about that frequently but I have yet to discover these differences.

I recently bought a great (trans)portable amp, the XDuoo. It delivers 2w per channel, which is totally crazy for IEMs, but ok. I think it does sound slightly different from the SP3000 but not 'better'. I think it sounds differently great, if that makes sense.

Could you please point me to a specific track or part of a song where I can discover the missing dynamics and soundstage of the SP3000 vs. more powerful amps for IEMs? I have the Anni on hand (you mentioned them) so I can do the 1:1 comparison 👍

I can also compare with the Topping A90D, delivering 6 watts into 32 ohms, if necessary. Spoiler, with my tracks and IEMs, I couldn't find any difference quality wise between A90D and SP3k. They are just slightly different and in most cases, I prefer the sound sig of the SP3000.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #73,575 of 91,367
Orivetti OD200 landed - i must note being disappointed to find an open box that struck me as resold return or demo unit… I’ll have to drop them a note but can’t be bothered getting into a return discussion all the way to China and back.

They certainly look and feel above the $200 asking price, beautifully built IEMs and a very nice cable. Decent selection of accessories and very nice case.

From a sound quality perspective, an impressive set but a touch spicy out of the box - the Aune M1P may not be the best source and I’ll need to do some tip rolling.

Further impressions to follow…

IMG_9219.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back