The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #72,736 of 91,368
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #72,737 of 91,368
Just arrived.

They look like boxes concealing yummy goods. Chocos even. 😊
My IG handle is missing the letter "a", but I did not gel with the BN that much. But I do appreciate the hificionado callout :sunglasses:

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #72,738 of 91,368
I have a question for the water cooler. I'm a 64 Audio fan and own, in order of my enjoyment top to bottom, Trio, Duo, U12t, U4S, Nio, and Fourte. Rather than jumping into the new Volur, I was thinking of trying Fir Audio. I'm trying to choose between a Neon 4 and a Krypton 5. Any recommendations? Or, perhaps, which 64 Audio offering are the Neon 4 and Krypton most like?

Thnx
I would go for RN6 or XE6.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #72,739 of 91,368
Cross posting to share the love here too.

Many have already shared a lot about the Divinus Velvet tips, mine arrived last week.
11.11 haul, only had some tips ordered this sale.
Some to stock up more and some new ones (W1, Sancai Wide, Velvet)

My go to has most often been the Kbear 07, they just work on most IEMs.
No fuss or problems, balanced sound that does everything okay without excelling at anything.

Been trying the Velvet on many IEMs now, so far my favourite pairings has been Hisenior T4, Sound Rhyme DTE900 and AüR Audio Aure.
Compared to a Kbear 07 the low end is similar, what changes is more midrange clarity (specially on vocals) and a more airy sound.
Tips can be very personal so your own experience can be different.

Another big selling point is the silky smooth texture on the tips, very comfortable. But it is also its downside.
Its not at all grippy or secure, so it only work on IEMs with ergonomic shell and medium or long nozzles.
But on IEMs that work with it, its maybe my new faovorite besides the Canal Works CWU-GDECL.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 090317.png

DSCF3913.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #72,740 of 91,368
Dec 9, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #72,741 of 91,368
It has been a couple of weeks since I've had a chance to catch up with this thread - I was in Vegas for a week, and then very quickly on to London - now home in Dublin, and reunited with my audio family, and of course my actual family too :)

Interestingly, 'out of sight, out of mind' does ring true in that I've not really been thinking about new purchases - even the wonderful NGaudio range fell off the radar. That said, I'm seriously considering Loki and discussing some custom design options with Kinera. Perpetua still high on my list, and I've no doubt Erebus will creep up again soon as my mind engages again with the addiction hobby.

A random photo of London while on the way to work the other day... I love London, and consider almost a 2nd home.

Now for a glass or two of wine, and continue to catch up with this thread!

IMG_9138.jpg

Kinera is among the brands renowned for creating the most beautiful faceplates. I've noticed many of their designs are absolutely stunning. Once you finalize the design, please do keep us posted!

Loki is an amazing pair of IEMs. I've had them for two months, and I simply can't get enough of the incredible sound they deliver.

IMG_1039-2.jpg

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #72,742 of 91,368
Sweet, so it has a grill too for the heat dissipation like the one on Cayin's case? Or are they using a different method for their heat dissipation? If their N30LE case turns out good then maybe you can share their contact? But I prefer a natural leather color like usual brown or maybe a patina leather like the one on Dignis. Thanks 😁
I have made one with heat dissapation grill like this, but with the leather similar to my P6pti case. Need to see the quality and fit when i receive that.
30f29514aac241e0fc5df5f2ae07cfba.jpg

That is awesome! Interesting to not see JUTEM branding embellishing.
I had purchased a JUTEM N8ii case summer last year and was happier with it than the Dignis case (that I did later purchased once available). Through what channels did you order this case? Didn't see this option on Taobao site.
You can ask them and request for some premium leather options, and they should give you more options to pick.

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #72,743 of 91,368
I have made one with heat dissapation grill like this, but with the leather similar to my P6pti case. Need to see the quality and fit when i receive that. 30f29514aac241e0fc5df5f2ae07cfba.jpg

You can ask them and request for some premium leather options, and they should give you more options to pick.
Their workmanship is good 👍
Is that alcantara? Looking forward for your N30LE case 😁
Is it only possible to contact them via Taobao? No website or IG? 🤔

Dec 9, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #72,744 of 91,368
Their workmanship is good 👍
Is that alcantara? Looking forward for your N30LE case 😁
Is it only possible to contact them via Taobao? No website or IG? 🤔
Let me check with the boss as I place my order via wechat, not sure if he even maintained a taobao shop or website :sweat_smile:

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #72,746 of 91,368
Well, past the initial impressions I posted and having run it in for even more hours, I'd say not much has changed.

It is still a top quality IEM at a very good price point relative to the current (ever inflating) market of TOTL iems. Despite it's elevated bass and upper mids it still has excellent resolution, treble extension, dynamic range and it's imaging is absolutely top tier (possibly unrivaled at the moment if I dare say).

I think my only major additions would have to be that relative to IEMs like Ragnar, its treble is less quantity but nearly equivalent quality and it's a very good IEM for anything i've thrown at it, obviously with the nature of being upper mid range elevated, other IEMs out perform it on strictly instrumental tracks but it is still very good there.

Without hyping it too much (think many here know i'm well past that point already :laughing:) it is without a doubt my IEM of the year. It manages to have absolute top tier depth and imaging, amazing bass quality even relative to the big boys such as Ragnar, fantastic punch and rumble in the bass from the excellently executed BCD even outpacing things like the Indigo, Mentor and Red Halo if I dare say. Mids and Vocals that are detailed, clear and have an excellent decay to them, it honestly feels perfect to me in that aspect. Relative to the Odin which I sold for these, the vocal presentation comes off much more coherently placed in the mix because the upper mids are balanced with the lower treble, on Odin you often end up with a rather brittle and flakey feeling cymbal hit that is recessed so deeply in the mix it is barely audible. Despite the elevation throughout the mids the stage is still wide but very very clean, you're able to pinpoint absolutely everything, not to "overuse" the saying but you can almost look around and see where each instrument or vocal queue is coming from. Then you have a treble that is very well extended and marginally smooth but keeping just enough splash and bite to remain realistic and engaging. Now I haven't heard Anni23 (yet) but from the impressions I have read Loki seems, to me, the next level of Annihilator progression. My only additional insight as I've listened more would be I wish the 5-6k range did not dip as far as it does as it would add a little more brightness to Loki that I would personally prefer.

I also wish IEM makers would start taking more care in their cable pairing, I semi-refuse to believe someone at Kinera sat there and though an Effect Audio Ares (II?) was a good pairing for this IEM, it's a cable with relatively low resolution and a fair bit of bass influence which the Loki just doesn't need...but I'm a copper cable hater (aside from Ode to Laura) so that could just be me.
You're making me want to cleck it out, which is exactly why I should stay away from this thread... :) There is a possible cure for my gear acquisition syndrome though, and it's called Annihilator... 😊 I have a sizable collection of top tier IEMs but when I listen to Annihilator I'm thinking I don't need any of them. It's perfect for my taste...

(But knowing me I'll probably buy a Loki sooner or later..)

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #72,747 of 91,368
You're making me want to cleck it out, which is exactly why I should stay away from this thread... :) There is a possible cure for my gear acquisition syndrome though, and it's called Annihilator... 😊 I have a sizable collection of top tier IEMs but when I listen to Annihilator I'm thinking I don't need any of them. It's perfect for my taste...

(But knowing me I'll probably buy a Loki sooner or later..)
Aren't we all like this? Mostly 🤭😂
Just like the wise word from CJ
ah-crap-here-we-go-again-ah-crap.gif

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #72,748 of 91,368
Odin arrived!

received_1079596813048965.jpeg

received_378209827884219.jpeg

Having fun re-kindling some old memorys. This is still very much a TOTL sounding iem in 2023.
Memories.... I loved the Odin. I'd also like to take the journey back in time.

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #72,749 of 91,368
Hi,

You should try this :

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/CWU-GECL-Eartips-Isolating-Prevent-Enhanced/dp/B0991RL358?th=1

L size (fits ML).
My personal reference, by far, now for a few years... but you need to fit and it's expensive (but durable : not the case of the Xelastec, which are colored too... and more confortable and durable and less colored than the Symbio) :beerchug:
I agree with David for the SQ; they are part or the very best ear tips you can get.
But I disagree on the durability, if you switch them IEM often they won't last at all; the gel start disaggregating and exiting from inside of the ear tips.

1702126931932.png

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #72,750 of 91,368
I agree with David for the SQ; they are part or the very best ear tips you can get.
But I disagree on the durability, if you switch them IEM often they won't last at all; the gel start disaggregating and exiting from inside of the ear tips.

Hi my friend,

We have already discussed that phenomenon together 🤔😉

But I don't encountered it at all. I have had the same tips for each of my iems, since the beginning.

For about two years then ...

Very strange. 🤔

I fit L size only and you S size... I don't know... maybe about the insertion? 🤔

I think these tips are not suited, and suitable, for a deep insertion, but an obstruction of the ear canals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back