The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 31, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #54,212 of 91,366
At the same time??? That by itself is surreal!

drftr
True Haha. I'm just too excited about how they sound I guess.

Give me second take then. For me actually their timbre sound so surreal and the voice sound so life like. Plus, lows have a real weigh and authority. Wonderful sounding DAP with below mediocre OS and usability, really don't know how someone can put something so expensive to market with this kind of OS holy.

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #54,213 of 91,366
POLL:

All your head-fi goodies are taken away from you, but you're allowed to restart the hobby with 10k max. No hesitation, further demos, or used gear allowed. Any money not spent will be trippled to buy music with 🤨

What will you buy?

drftr
N8ii + Mentor Multiverse + KK.

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #54,214 of 91,366
POLL:

All your head-fi goodies are taken away from you, but you're allowed to restart the hobby with 10k max. No hesitation, further demos, or used gear allowed. Any money not spent will be trippled to buy music with 🤨

What will you buy?

drftr
Easy, Sony. Next?

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #54,215 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr
Is my music also gone?
I'll assume I can keep it.

I would spend around 3-4k for acoustic treatment of my room first. (if that's allowed)

Then I would buy the Neumann NDH-30 again.
I would order the TGXEar Totem again.

With the 5k left, I would probably buy the FIR Audio Radon 6 and the Shure SE846 with BT adapter and then wait until the next new compact Sony flagship Smartphone comes out to use it as a music player.

Done! (probably not)

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #54,216 of 91,366
Easy, Sony. Next?
Big Sony cable fan you? :wink:

I would spend around 3-4k for acoustic treatment of my room first. (if that's allowed)
I never tried to hide that I don't understand Germans, so please explain for the others here why do you need room treatment if you buy 1 set of earphones, 1 set of IEMs, plus 1 set of headphones 🤔

Are you in an earthquake prone area perhaps?

drftr

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #54,217 of 91,366
I never tried to hide that I don't understand Germans, so please explain for the others here why do you need room treatment if you buy 1 set of earphones, 1 set of IEMs, plus 1 set of headphones 🤔

Are you in an earthquake prone area perhaps?

drftr
Well you said that all my HEAD-Fi goodies are gone, which would mean I can keep my stereo, no? 🥲😋

Otherwise, only 2,5k for room treatment and my old setup returns!

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #54,218 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr
Prob sp3k, aroma jewel, first times shielded, probably went over budget, but that's a realistic answer. The ergonomics of Orpheus is a bit too much for my tastes though admittedly it sounds amazing.

My current direction is heading towards getting back the 1950s cable for my a18t, the a18t has been with me for a LONG time and was my first high end IEM and it remains a classic imo. I had light itches to upgrade and get the jewel, but the a18t always kept me satisfied enough.

I have moved away from expensive daps (joining the Ibasso family) due to traveling and always having this huge paranoia of the TSA people messing with my stuff etc. and or myself dinging my device (former sp2k sp3k owner) and that sort of takes away some of the enjoyment for me as that paranoia bugs me enough to not relax and enjoy.

I also realized over time how "portable" your set up does matter in some ways (more than I expected as I was always in the sound over everything camp), how heavy the dap is, how large it is, truly does matter to some extent when traveling.

I got the dx240 expecting to keep/use stock cable from 64 audio, but just can not. Haha.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #54,219 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr
I'll contact Andrew and buy Mentor, LPGT, FT from @MusicTeck (which I did, and I did it twice for each item mentioned).

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #54,220 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr
Phonix LE, 1ZM2, Code 51

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #54,221 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr
It's easy.
Traillii and any portable player that fits your budget. Maybe even something sub-top like the new Fiio M15s. Actually, if I had to, I could get by with less, but why deny myrself if I can spend 10k?)

Mar 31, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #54,222 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr

FiR Rn6, stock cable ($3300) + RS8 ($3300) or N7 ($2000) = $5300 or $6600 / $4700 to $5300 under $10K

Mar 31, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #54,223 of 91,366
LP6, Fir Xe6 and CA SuperMoon

Mar 31, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #54,224 of 91,366
POLL:

What will you buy?

drftr
I would take my $10K and get 9 of my closest friends here to take their $10K and we’d all send it to @jude so he can sign a lease with a new host to fix the site issues.

Mar 31, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #54,225 of 91,366
1680268751620.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back