The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 18, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #52,966 of 87,665
It’s actually pretty compact, fits in my backpack with still plenty of space - granted, it is a large enough backpack… tucked in there to the right 😜

79EA7C3C-1F2C-468B-A3B1-8D6D40D7E5E1.jpeg

I’m not sure if they are sending Lancelot - I think so as they said ‘Camelot and related product’ in the email.
Interesting bag indeed! Do you have a link of the model? Saw a lot of models on Amazon but was not able to find the same. Thanks!

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #52,968 of 87,665
Miscellaneous Meandering, Rantings and Ravings at CanJam NYC 2023

Elysian Annihilator:
I am sure this posting will upset a few folks. I listened to this on Saturday night in my room and also again on Sunday. I find it to be bass light and though the mids and treble are good, I prefer my VE Elysium to it (and no contest vs my Traillii). Now my Elysium is a custom and perhaps that makes a difference. But for me, the Ely has more bass and of higher quality while giving up nothing in the mids and treble. In fact, the highs can be fatiguing. For me this is so bass shy, that whatever you are listening to just does not sound as good due to the lack of foundation. I really feel like this has simply been Hype in 2022.

Epic post and thanks especially for your honest words about the Annihilator, my no1 top contender for the next purchase. Unfortunately, I will (probably) not be able to try it out first and need to buy based on what people say. I'm intrigued by the best-in-class treble but an expensive IEM with great mids&treble but mediocre and shy bass sounds like a pass for me. I don't think I can enjoy my music with mids and treble alone.

I've never heard the Ely but the EXT and found it to be one of the best IEMs I've ever heard. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a good fit without hurting my ears so I had to send the demo set back without purchase.

Bummer. What do others think about that? It's not the first time I read something about the "bass problem" with the Annihilator.

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #52,969 of 87,665
Starting to pack for my trip to Seattle tomorrow, and of course before a single shirt or pair of socks are considered, I must prioritise my audio gear :) I bought this ‘Tomtoc’ bag especially for the trip, one I can pop in my backpack and keep everything in one place - yet to fully decide, but currently packed:
  1. LPGT
  2. M6U
  3. IE900
  4. Fibae 5
  5. Turiii Ti
  6. XM4

Nostalgia Audio Camelot review unit incoming, arrives the day after I get home… a nice way to recover from jet lag!

Love your Tomtac bag. What model is it?

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #52,973 of 87,665
Bummer. What do others think about that? It's not the first time I read something about the "bass problem" with the Annihilator.
I thought there was too much focus on mid bass making both sub bass and mids too lean (and possibly partly treble standing out because of that). For both demos I wrote down that singers sounding much younger than they really were. Not sure what exactly made it that way but if mids are where you live then I would do whatever I could to demo first. Even travelling to a fellow head-fier for some listening is way better than forking over a lot of money and not liking what you bought.

drftr

Mar 18, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #52,975 of 87,665
Epic post and thanks especially for your honest words about the Annihilator, my no1 top contender for the next purchase. Unfortunately, I will (probably) not be able to try it out first and need to buy based on what people say. I'm intrigued by the best-in-class treble but an expensive IEM with great mids&treble but mediocre and shy bass sounds like a pass for me. I don't think I can enjoy my music with mids and treble alone.

I've never heard the Ely but the EXT and found it to be one of the best IEMs I've ever heard. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a good fit without hurting my ears so I had to send the demo set back without purchase.

Anni imho is not bass light. It’s got a solid mid bass punch but the decay is very fast and it’s dry without much texture, which is where the issue in the lows lie. Sub bass is just okay. Anni to me has the opposite problem of Legend Evo, it has epic highs and gets a bit mediocre as go down the FR, whereas I felt Evo does the opposite. It’s why I sold my CIEM Anni, the bass never did it for me. It sticks out in terms of quality versus the highs.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #52,977 of 87,665
Im only taking 1 ciem ( jewel ), 1 universal ( mentor ) and sony wm1am2 ( lightweight dap ) with Miter 4 case for 10 days travelling.
66367EFF-DFCF-4FAD-B2AE-20EAFC7DC039.jpeg

But.. im already missed all my babies at home.. :weary:
I like very much this Miter case and I would like to have one to throw in my gears at home when not listening. I was wondering if it will hold the Sony M2 with the IEMs attached when removing the separators? Thanks

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #52,979 of 87,665
I like very much this Miter case and I would like to have one to throw in my gears at home when not listening. I was wondering if it will hold the Sony M2 with the IEMs attached when removing the separators? Thanks
If you put 2 iem inside, it cant be fit with the iem plugged to dap.
D2098CC7-8192-401D-A5D7-1515007507EA.jpeg

But if you only put 1 iem, it can be fit when it plugged to dap.

83A28C04-6E43-4DF6-99AD-64491C736B08.jpeg

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #52,980 of 87,665
What if you don't need streaming though like many of us? And what if you buy a DAP just for - brace yourself - music?

CD players, tape and real-to-reel decks, and record players did just fine for, what, a century. But suddenly we have to play chess and chat and high profile games at the same time we're enjoying our music? LMAO

EDIT: Not meant as an insult! But there's people that are just in it for the music.

drftr
Why is streaming not just music? What difference does it make if it comes from an SD card or from an Internet data stream?
Streaming just makes it so much more comfortable, but it's just music all the same.

And existing Android applications (both streaming and local playback) make it easier to manage lists, favorites, etc. compared to DAPs without Android. With this, listening to the music you like the most in the way you like the most is much simpler.

I understand that there are people who simply choose an album or a folder and press play, but some of us like to be able to choose from more options. And both options are equally just music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back