The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 29, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #36,676 of 88,784
I think there’s one Ti in the classifieds for $1.7k, perhaps it can be considered?
Yeah, it's coming back every now and then like a ghost haunting me. I would want to do more experimenting with cable rolling first though to tone down the low end even more while going for a mellower treble.

Also, after taking in yesterday's very helpful reactions on my multiple IEM question I think I have come to the conclusion that although I'm very interested upon buying something new, I'm not in it for the hobby but for the music. That's a very different departure point than for most and I'm sure it makes for some weird reactions from me every now and then. This means I will put efforts into trying to make the U18t sound the way I would like them to, and if I can't get it to work then I will replace them. But I won't be looking into a second set. It doesn't make sense for my travels and I don't want to change IEMs per genre, album, song, circumstances, whatever. I'm simply looking for the best allrounder for a reasonable enough price that plays classical as well as jazz as prog as metal as world. I'm fine with not reaching TOTL kinda levels if it satisfies my needs.

Since I'm in a bit of a pressure cooker and probably only having Seoul left for demoing and buying I have to follow 2 paths to make the above work: 1) experimenting with the U18t, and 2) thinking about with what to replace them with if I fail.

drftr

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #36,677 of 88,784
Sep 29, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #36,678 of 88,784
Does anyone remember "The Rapping Duke"?

OMG this was like my intro to rap way back when. I remember cracking up to it as a kid, and I have a soft spot for novelty rap songs since then, I have a funny audiophile story about getting a copy. For the longest time, it wasn‘t available on any streaming service so the only way to listen was on YouTube. So I remember having a cassette on a rap complication when I was a kid. I did not remember all the songs on the compilation but I did remember that it followed the song “That Girl’s A person” by Just-Ice on the compilation. That song is probably the grossest song every put on wax. The refrain referred to “boogers be hanging on her butt”, as a point of reference. Classy? No. But an earworm that lingered for decades while I struggled to remember the abum I had when I was a kid. So I set out to get that album again - this time on CD so I could do the audiophile thing and put it on my server.

So I googled it.

Big Mistake! DO NOT google ‘That Girl is a person’. Just. Don’t. I believe I am the only man to google that phrase without prurient interests at heart, and wow did it take some digging until I found the compilation in question was RapMasters 7: Best of the Laughs. After receiving the album, sure enough track 5 was “That Girl’s A person” and track 6 was the Rappin’ Duke.
So my memory served me well, kind of. Now it’s on Apple Music so you don’t need to wander through the red light district to find it.

Here is the best novelty rap song of 2022, in my humble opinion. Louis Theroux with Duke & Jones “Jiggle Jiggle”. It is the second best British novelty rap - the best being “La Di Da Di” by Doug E Fresh & (half-British) Slick Rick which was track #2 on RapMasters 7.
Please don‘t pass judgement that I use my kilobuck IEMS to listen to Jiggle Jiggle. It’s like putting caviar on weenie beanies, but it‘s how I roll! I thought it was hilarious when I heard it, so I pulled it on YouTube and thought my twelve year old would get a kick out of it: turned out she knew it by heart and recited every word! Was big on TikTok a few months back I guess. So she may not know who Bruce Springsteen is, but she has the same preteen fascination with novelty rap I had.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #36,680 of 88,784
Dilemma between ur xe6 and odyssey. And now turii ti hype came from no where. 😵‍💫
The first 2 do play on a different level though. That's without hearing them but after hearing the Turii Ti and comparing them to other big boys. The Turii Ti absolutely has its place in the 2/2.5k league, is an excellent play in that price level, but mostly offers a very different configuration and sound to the usual suspects. In my opinion it doesn't have enough top notch features to outshine 3+k favourites but that shouldn't be expected from a single DD IEM.

drftr

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #36,682 of 88,784
Sep 29, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #36,684 of 88,784
@Xinlisupreme (or anyone else really) Do you have sharp which universal Acoustune and Fitear models I should try to demo that aim to even outshine the Turii Ti? Tnx much...

drftr
I would recommend the HS2000MX. If possible with the new ACT03 chamber.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #36,686 of 88,784
Tnx. That's the SHO, right? Or is that a special version of it?

drftr
It's the SHO. I don't own the ACT03 chamber but I'm planning to get it. Apparently it is more hard to drive than the other chambers.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #36,687 of 88,784
@Xinlisupreme (or anyone else really) Do you have sharp which universal Acoustune and Fitear models I should try to demo that aim to even outshine the Turii Ti? Tnx much...

drftr
@drftr I didn't listen Turii Ti but would be different enough.
What's your music preferences and source?
I love my TG334 (new blue model) with N6ii Ti and would work fine with RU6 also, because it's easy to drive and a great all rounder.
Silver match better with M6 pro (2xAKM4497) and its more oriented on vocals, jazz, acoustic music and small ensembles, skip it if you need bass slam.
ToGo!334 (OG black model) is similar to Silver with less transparency and air but crazy enjoyable with vocal music.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #36,688 of 88,784
@drftr I didn't listen Turii Ti but would be different enough.
What's your music preferences and source?
I love my TG334 (new blue model) with N6ii Ti and would work fine with RU6 also, because it's easy to drive and a great all rounder.
Silver match better with M6 pro (2xAKM4497) and its more oriented on vocals, jazz, acoustic music and small ensembles, skip it if you need bass slam.
ToGo!334 (OG black model) is similar to Silver with less transparency and air but crazy enjoyable with vocal music.
Where the TG334 and ToGo!334 have the same driver setup while the Silver uses the 1+1 configuration, is that correct-ish?

drftr

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #36,689 of 88,784
As an iBasso user since DX100 days, so happy I managed to get hold of this!

IMG_20220929_164511_716.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back