The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #87,106 of 88,255
Come on folks, where's the guy with a Patek and a couple of 8K Unique Melody IEM's to really show these guys who has the actual big bank account here, the rest are just amateurs. I scoff at them.
No UM for me but this is my more recent toy, my son modeled it for a pic when picking it up. And a watch my wife bought me to match her watch which I’ll never wear, not my style.

1713585104092.jpeg

1713585182574.jpeg

But these cost nothing compared to my wife and daughters horses, don’t buy horses. When I get back from my daughter’s horse show next week I can take a picture of my other Patek but my Lange was more expensive.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #87,108 of 88,255
Hisenior Mega5EST is one of my favorite IEMs under $1K, I recommend it if you want a tribrid allrounder with neutral warm tuning and okay technicalities.
Hisenior been sort of a underdog that few talk about, maybe due to the older models not being as good as the current ones. The Mega5EST was retuned and is better now, I use mine almost daily. You get a very good IEM for the $550.
But the popularity will probably change now after the headphones.com review.

1000032384.jpg

Neon Pro have energetic QDC tuning, resolving and fun. But no DD and only BAs, why I also sold it since I'm a DD lover.
Ascension is also a good tribrid like the Mega5EST, but different. Slower and more organic sound, in a way way less clean sounding with more textured sound. If that make sense 😅
No idea about Aehta, ordered one that is coming in a week or two. With switches it can go from a basshead set to more neutral tuning.
Now that a couple reviews are out for these the classifieds have started getting the "Want to Buy" requests.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #87,110 of 88,255
Is it all a hoax?
I feel you. Ask myself that multiple times a day, to be honest. Music helps (me). The emotions are real, a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #87,111 of 88,255
Now that a couple reviews are out for these the classifieds have started getting the "Want to Buy" requests.
Thinking of picking up a pair? Did you sell your Moonlight?

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #87,112 of 88,255
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #87,113 of 88,255
IMG_2398.jpeg

“My ears have not yet drunk a hundred words of that tongue’s uttering, yet I know the sound.”
— Juliet Capulet
Romeo and Juliet
Act 2, Scene 2

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #87,114 of 88,255
Thinking of picking up a pair? Did you sell your Moonlight?
I did let the moonlights go, but I still have fond memories. I wonder how the hiseniors compare. I upgraded to the singularity, then a sidegrade to the nio.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #87,115 of 88,255
Oh, don't get me wrong... it BETTER look immaculate when it's brand new! But after it patinas over the years, I would love to see some enjoyment battle scars, not unlike

This inspired me to dig my out my first. The camera that popped my photographer's cherry and taught me everything about light and exposure.

Attachments

• 1000022600.jpg
    1000022600.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #87,116 of 88,255
I did let the moonlights go, but I still have fond memories. I wonder how the hiseniors compare. I upgraded to the singularity, then a sidegrade to the nio.
Very nice! 64 Audio dont really advertise much and their iems have a pretty good reputation among buyers so I'm sure they are great. Hopefully I can get to SoCal CanJam this year to hear all the high end and new things. We need to do another San Diego meet up before then if possible.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #87,117 of 88,255
IMG_2398.jpeg

“My ears have not yet drunk a hundred words of that tongue’s uttering, yet I know the sound.”
— Juliet Capulet
Romeo and Juliet
Act 2, Scene 2
Romeo’s another IEM which has delectable clarity. Well done, Riccardo :) Spoke to him during CJ SG and found his passion v engaging… he teaches a Chinese instrument, which may explain the sonority in Romeo’s treble

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #87,118 of 88,255

Is it all a hoax?

I didn't want to bring more attention to it but I can't resist.

This "review" was posted yesterday on this IEM, there's been content about this set floating around for a while. I've heard that it is well tuned but nothing much more than that especially when it comes to technicalities. The majority of this 10 minute video is him just talking about how much he likes it and how good it is without ever really going into detail as to why.

I watched the entire video after a friend brought it to my attention yesterday and asked if I had heard it. I wish I could get 10 minutes of my life back. I trust the guys at headphones.com but if I didn't know any better I would have assumed this came straight from a content creator/influencer that was paid to shill this IEM to promote sales. I typically like this channel's content but I thought I lost brain cells after watching this.

I'd assume the straight up glaze-fest this video brought is directly responsible for the recent WTB ads I've seen over the last 24 hours. Headphones dot com is also now accepting pre orders for it. 😉

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #87,120 of 88,255
I didn't want to bring more attention to it but I can't resist.

This "review" was posted yesterday on this IEM, there's been content about this set floating around for a while. I've heard that it is well tuned but nothing much more than that especially when it comes to technicalities. The majority of this 10 minute video is him just talking about how much he likes it and how good it is without ever really going into detail as to why.

I watched the entire video after a friend brought it to my attention yesterday and asked if I had heard it. I wish I could get 10 minutes of my life back. I trust the guys at headphones.com but if I didn't know any better I would have assumed this came straight from a content creator/influencer that was paid to shill this IEM to promote sales. I typically like this channel's content but I thought I lost brain cells after watching this.

I'd assume the straight up glaze-fest this video brought is directly responsible for the recent WTB ads I've seen over the last 24 hours. Headphones dot com is also now accepting pre orders for it. 😉

DMS said in the video that the Mega5EST only works that well for him personally. He clarified on reddit that IEMs are way more subjective due to fit etc. and that he does not get any commissions or incentives to hype these, he just felt like sharing this experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back