The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #77,191 of 89,610
What does he charge, and is the mod worth doing to a wm1am2 you think? Wondering if it's possible to get the sonic benefits while keeping the weight down.

Best to DM him and chat about it since it is a custom job. There are multiple options, depending on what you are looking for and budget. I can vouch for his work and expertise!

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #77,192 of 89,610
Grand Maestro sesh tonight... it's easy to get wrapped up in the newest toys but this set doesn't ever fail to leave a huge smile on my face.

Love the "synergy" or almost lack thereof with the R8 II. Using the Darwin Ultra filter it smoothens out the GM highs while keeping the tremendous level of detail and extension, a really excellent combination.

Whatever upgrade cable this is that came with the GM is still my overall favorite for the IEM synergy wise, I just wish it wasn't starting to look battered but it'll do.

The levels of sub bass, excellent female vocals, and massive soundstage the GM brings to this song is :ksc75smile:

IMG_8226.jpeg
What makes the Grand Maestro so special? Have heard quite a few people talk about it. But I do not remember what it does that other sets do not.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #77,193 of 89,610
IMG_3780.jpeg

The synergy between the Gold brick, and he1000se is so beautiful ❤️🎶❄️

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #77,197 of 89,610
What makes the Grand Maestro so special? Have heard quite a few people talk about it. But I do not remember what it does that other sets do not.

Quite a lot. It’s got variable bass tunings through a module and a switch to adjust the tonality to be more vocal focused or V shaped. The black module with the vocal switch off is one of the most exciting and high performing V shaped IEMs I’ve experienced. Gobs of sub bass and impact while staying clean and refraining from bleeding, fairly neutral and well done tonality mids, and then very detailed and extended airy treble. It’s a guilty pleasure set for me that stray too far off the path of a somewhat normal frequency response at the same time.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #77,198 of 89,610
Quite a lot. It’s got variable bass tunings through a module and a switch to adjust the tonality to be more vocal focused or V shaped. The black module with the vocal switch off is one of the most exciting and high performing V shaped IEMs I’ve experienced. Gobs of sub bass and impact while staying clean and refraining from bleeding, fairly neutral and well done tonality mids, and then very detailed and extended airy treble. It’s a guilty pleasure set for me that stray too far off the path of a somewhat normal frequency response at the same time.
You like what you like. Does not need to be a "guilty pleasure". Not everything you own needs to be reference. Music is about personal taste and enjoyment.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #77,199 of 89,610
Jan 6, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #77,200 of 89,610
You like what you like. Does not need to be a "guilty pleasure". Not everything you own needs to be reference. Music is about personal taste and enjoyment.

I agree. I don’t own a reference-ish set at the moment because so far none of them have appealed to me enough to want to listen to them for extended periods of time.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #77,201 of 89,610
Is the fit of the grand maestro the same as the maestro SE ? I would love to try out the grand maestro, but if it’s the same fit as the SE than it is not gonna work for my ear unfortunately

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #77,203 of 89,610
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #77,205 of 89,610
thinking about ordering a bass cannon set to hold me over until September (CanJam) for a demo and larger/balanced set...

Any thoughts on the Scarlet Mini?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back