The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #76,997 of 89,167
I have never had anything like this. Did you clear the cache + factory reset from boot menu after the last update? I would do it...
Most of the songs are fine. Only on certain songs at certain times. I'm wondering if that's the time domain sound off thing that @mgsu was referring to. By the way most of my files are local files. Rarely I get onto Apple music streaming

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #76,998 of 89,167
Very interesting to read. I've already read your posts in the forum. I thought you had changed your mind and stayed with the 1.3FW after all. Is that not the case? Do you still think 1.2FW is better?

Absolutely agree with Hyper Mode (see above).

I only use Tidal or Apple Music. I deleted my entire collection of about 1.5TB when I discovered it. I have never regretted it. What an act of liberation! :)
you must misread, i always liked 1.2 better than 1.3

Tidal app has some major flaws. Dont know if it is because it uses the stock android drivers or does some nasty resampling in the background. No clue, but SQ wise it is not in the same league as UAPP

by the way, UAPP has also Tidal and Qobuz integration and N30 is now fully certified and supported by UAPP. Sonically UAPP is miles ahead to the native Tidal app

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #76,999 of 89,167
you must misread, i always liked 1.2 better than 1.3

Tidal app has some major flaws. Dont know if it is because it uses the stock android drivers or does some nasty resampling in the background. No clue, but SQ wise it is not in the same league as UAPP

by the way, UAPP has also Tidal and Qobuz integration and N30 is now fully certified and supported by UAPP. Sonically UAPP is miles ahead to the native Tidal app
I have not noticed any problems with Tidal, it works perfectly.

I didn't know anything about this integration. I'll have to try that, thanks for the tip!

Can you perhaps briefly say what the changes are compared to 1.3FW? Or I'll see if I can find the changelog.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #77,000 of 89,167
I only use Tidal or Apple Music. I deleted my entire collection of about 1.5TB when I discovered it.

michael-scott-no.gif

This was painful to read haha

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #77,001 of 89,167
Most of the songs are fine. Only on certain songs at certain times. I'm wondering if that's the time domain sound off thing that @mgsu was referring to. By the way most of my files are local files. Rarely I get onto Apple music streaming
FW 1.3: "Enhance third-party application support to resolve occasional playback issues." Are you sure you've installed it? If yes, then clear the cache + factory reset.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #77,002 of 89,167
С
I have now compared the N30 and DX320Max with the Rn6. With such an IEM and with the right music, the bass is of course immediately noticeable. For me, the bass quality here is outstanding and in perfect proportion to the quantity. Black modules. Let me put it this way so that it's more obvious: I didn't even have to think carefully about how to get to the heart of the difference in the bass area; what struck me immediately was the idea that the N30 sounds lively and passionate. The DX320Max is just shy in quantity, cold in tuning and relatively flat in the texture. By the way, I would say the same thing about the mids: tested earlier with Mentor and Anni - same discourse. Bass has never been one of my priorities. But I could see such a bass of the DX320Max as a dealbreaker. The mids aren't as bad, but still not as good as with the N30. Apart from that, the DX320Max has the better treble, I'll give it that. Anni is a real pleasure with the DX320Max and unfortunately, in my opinion, it doesn't sound as good with the N30 if you expect a certain tuning. I'm beginning to understand why the DX320Max is recommended for Storm rather than the N30. Yes: "pure reference" is the name of the game here, and that fits the concept of the DX320Max quite well. But can the DX320Max (with Storm) move emotionally more than the N30 (with no idea... Mentor)? I highly doubt it.

Very important: I like the Rn6 (and Xe6) for the unique cohesion in the sound presentation, among other things, it almost sounds like 1DD – what an achievement for FirAudio! The increased presence of the bass foundation and the slightly thicker note weight and plasticity of the mids with the N30 supports this characteristic. In contrast, the DX320Max has less presence in the low end (less in the subbass and more in the midbass) and the note weight is a little thinner even in the (low)mids. In this way, the Rn6 (and Xe6) loses one of its strengths. A great pity and not recommendable.

I will explain the comparison in more detail. I'll wait a little longer before playing it back. I will also mention the SP3000.
Now it’s my turn to ask if you have enabled DX320 Max Ti all 4 dacs to work in audio settings?😉

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #77,003 of 89,167
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #77,004 of 89,167
Right now I am at a hip hop party....but I cannot help myself asking this stupid question:
Anyone here likes metalcore ? :)))))
Me

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #77,005 of 89,167
@phiemon and imo you should also try different gain stages as they actually change FR response a lot. F.e. Traillii on gain 2 sound significantly differently that on gains 3 and 4 (and I almost never use gain 1).

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #77,006 of 89,167
Are you referring to the song playback to be slightly off compared to its normal speed that you've listened to multiple other times on other systems/daps? If so, I've experienced that with the N30LE on certain songs. And I immediately wonder "that's not the way this song normally sounds, especially the tempo/pace".

Speaking of timing domain issues, I didn't have any issue with tempo but with pace/timing and well synchronization of the music. Dont know if this explanation makes sense for you.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #77,007 of 89,167
Very interesting to read. I've already read your posts in the forum. I thought you had changed your mind and stayed with the 1.3FW after all. Is that not the case? Do you still think 1.2FW is better?

Absolutely agree with Hyper Mode (see above).

I only use Tidal or Apple Music. I deleted my entire collection of about 1.5TB when I discovered it. I have never regretted it. What an act of liberation! :)
45qx0o.jpg

Also, worth a read:

https://www.cnet.com/culture/entert...orite-movies-or-music-heres-why-that-matters/

Also worth a read:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ed there will,every year to receive royalties.

I archive everything, and I mean everything. I buy entire discographies at once, knowing I'll get the time to deep dive into them eventually while also knowing that I'll have a music collection to gift to my daughter one day. I'm not entrusting the future of music to soulless mega-corporations for a moment.

Also, I'm still bitter about Disney+ removing TRON: Legacy.

Ok, that concludes my rant, thanks for coming to my Ted talk

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #77,008 of 89,167
С

Now it’s my turn to ask if you have enabled DX320 Max Ti all 4 dacs to work in audio settings?😉
Of course I did :). You mean the ultimate mode right?

Especially after I noticed how awful Qobuz and Tidal streaming sounds, this made me cringe in pain inside... Please come back @phiemon
Please, don't put a flea in my ear 🤦‍♂️. I had already thought about it and when I have time and feel like it, I'll do it. I'll just test it for fun for now.

@phiemon and imo you should also try different gain stages as they actually change FR response a lot. F.e. Traillii on gain 2 sound significantly differently that on gains 3 and 4 (and I almost never use gain 1).
Yes, I know that, it's the same with the N30. I tried G3 and G4 first. With the N30, I usually use medium gain and not high.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #77,010 of 89,167
45qx0o.jpg

Also, worth a read:

https://www.cnet.com/culture/entert...orite-movies-or-music-heres-why-that-matters/

Also worth a read:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/nov/22/spotify-announces-royalty-changes#:~:text=Music streaming-,'Putting a number on art': musicians nervous,as Spotify announces royalty changes&text=Spotify has confirmed there will,every year to receive royalties.

I archive everything, and I mean everything. I buy entire discographies at once, knowing I'll get the time to deep dive into them eventually while also knowing that I'll have a music collection to gift to my daughter one day. I'm not entrusting the future of music to soulless mega-corporations for a moment.

Also, I'm still bitter about Disney+ removing TRON: Legacy.

Ok, that concludes my rant, thanks for coming to my Ted talk
Couldn't agree more.

drftr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back