The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 19, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #7,516 of 88,532
If they bought it new and weren't 100% sure whether it was their thing or not then they almost had to sell it hand over fist as they'd lose a whopping $1,500 on the cable alone!

drftr
Also I think some that sold it are sorry and miss it. You can try a lot of new mid tier sets for the amount you get selling your bird.
So there is that at play here as well.

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #7,518 of 88,532
Traillii is unique and
Meaning that you will include some nasty tracks on your Love & Hate list that would kill almost any IEM and would be representative of a meaningful part of your library? I think that's the way to go.

drftr

Exactly. I mean, can any IEM do justice to My Bloody Valentine, Loveless?! Tongue in cheek, but there are many challenging recordings.

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #7,519 of 88,532
Also I think some that sold it are sorry and miss it. You can try a lot of new mid tier sets for the amount you get selling your bird.
So there is that at play here as well.
Some day I'll lay ears on it, although I won't ever accept this kind of pricing... it feeds a bad trend in the industry... that has no real basis

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #7,520 of 88,532
Some day I'll lay ears on it, although I won't ever accept this kind of pricing... it feeds a bad trend in the industry... that has no real basis
That has no real basis? If you're a manufacturer visiting these forums every now and then and you see people picking up U12t's just to go to the gym, what would you expect them to do next?

drftr

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #7,521 of 88,532
Traillii is unique and probably needs someone far more intelligent than me to write a thesis on it! If someone hands it to you and says, have a listen and you do so casually, you could be forgiven for a meh and shoulder shrug... however, pick the right moment, with no distractions and just focus, it's like nothing I've ever heard before - absolutely divine. Worth $5k?, probably not but I guess it depends on how much you value those unique moments. I've no regrets now and would absolutely never sell it, unless maybe financial circumstances drove me to!

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #7,523 of 88,532
Traillii is unique and probably needs someone far more intelligent than me to write a thesis on it! If someone hands it to you and says, have a listen and you do so casually, you could be forgiven for a meh and shoulder shrug... however, pick the right moment, with no distractions and just focus, it's like nothing I've ever heard before - absolutely divine. Worth $5k?, probably not but I guess it depends on how much you value those unique moments. I've no regrets now and would absolutely never sell it, unless maybe financial circumstances drove me to!
I have no doubt and I am pretty sure I wouldn't dismiss it.

I am now totally partial to customs so there is that (this being said I broke my rule and got the EXT... but it's not the same as CIEM now I have second thoughts...), maybe someone could reshell the Traillii (EXT would be much harder) because yes, 4EST is doable in customs... at least for my conduits :p

You're right to point out it's more about the unique experience and the value it has to a given person when everything aligns and the gear disappear you know you have something special...

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #7,527 of 88,532
I am with you on that, I have put it away, used another for a time, taken it back out, over the past year, multiple times, and it really is the best I have heard so far. I actually really do not like the price value conversation very much, because it has nothing to do with what I hear.

Though it is what it is, expensive for an IEM kind of ridiculously so.

For me it was so so worth it based on the hours of use it has seen so far, I am clocking in at under $1.00 an hour. And like many of the early adopters I did not pay list so that helped.

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #7,528 of 88,532
I really hope Oriolus introduces an IEM in a few years that is the Traillii but 1/2 the price. I can wait.

It truly is a wonderful experience that I want to have. I just don't have $8,500.00 CAD to spend on an IEM. $8,500 is 20% of my annual income. Haha. Ouch.

Dec 19, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #7,529 of 88,532
Dec 19, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #7,530 of 88,532

Users who are viewing this thread

Back