The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 13, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #73,366 of 89,844
You mentioned Evo, Trifecta, and Xe6, and I don't like the sound of any of these, so that's possibly good news. But your love for Ruth AND realizing they have interesting less insanely expensive models makes me all the more interested in the brand.

And yes, I already found other Brise cables horrendous to handle so this is not a shocker 😉

drftr

Well I can’t really say that they sound like those sets, but that’s just the closest I’m thinking of to try relating their sound to something existing…

Rosenkranz does have other cheaper monitors and from those I tried, they all pretty much have that same vibe (big bass, warm and analog/ vintage sound)

I tried those from them :
IMG_4082.jpeg

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

The cheapest one (silver 1) is actually not that far off in terms of feeling, just not as nicely tuned but still interesting! The bass doesn’t reach as deep in the sub but the mid bass is huge!

Hello Julien. Nice review and congrats for your purchase. May I know is it a hard to get IEM like FitEar or not? Now I always ask everytime I'm interested in Japanese made product because most of them are quite elusive and usually only for their domestic market ☹️
Hi! :)
Thank you!
I didn’t purchase them yet! I want to sell my Lp6 and Ragnar first!!
For the availability outside of Japan, I’m not sure! Here in China the shop is an official Rosenkranz dealer so it’s easy to get.
Maybe you can try to send an email to Rosenkranz directly.

Cheers 🍻

Julien

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #73,367 of 89,844
Good god I cannot unsee this now. Always been telling my uni students do not submit assignments with Comic Sans and now I realise I have always had one. Just why.
Their "Never be the same again" slogan in Comic Sans on their cases are the worst. Beautiful case ruined by it.

I tried to cotton swab away mine but it takes the colour off as well so…still there but faint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #73,368 of 89,844
Speaking about N30LE, I also don't understand a premium, very expensive, limited edition item using leather as standard. For some that like using leather, it might be a welcome thing. But what about others that don't want leather or are allergic to it (yes there's a thing called allergic to leather).

I prefer using silicone or PU cases for my DAPs. And the leather case that came with my N30LE is sleeping in its box. I have a pouch made of cloth that I keep my DAP in.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #73,369 of 89,844
Might not be a popular opinion, but I dislike the look of Cayin daps in general, not just the font or (strange) case. The Chanling m9 (with the big leather M) case is also not that great looking.

They sound great though 😄

With all the bells and whistles, it looks a little corny 🌽, less is more in some cases (pun intended)

(Ofc your opinion might be the opposite 😅)

Im not sure what dap I think looks the best (in case, who uses it without?).
Do like the gold brick and LPGT.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #73,370 of 89,844
Last day with Eurus+, I’ll miss it…
IMG_9843.jpeg

Dec 13, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #73,371 of 89,844
I'm gonna scream into the void for just a minute. I would also like to preface this with Zeppelin and Co has been quite nice to work with, but you can't draw blood from a stone so to speak. They helped design and translate my CIEM experience into the real deal. Hidition however is just another level of disappointment. I'm sure I am going to catch flack for this, but I want other potential buyers to be aware.

Rewind to March 2023. I decided I wanted to get the Hidition Viento B. I have heard these were special monitors and were very affordable in the CIEM space. They have come highly recommended by Crinacle, as well as other reviewers and users I have massive respect for. The sound is supposed to be neutralish with a bit of extra sub bass bump. They are also a very modest 3 BA set and really just sound incredible. I get my design finalized and send the order over to Zepp. If you have never dealt with Hidition before, their website was designed in 1994 with no ability to translate or use it functionally. All of the design has to be done through an intermediary unless you speak fluent Korean which I think would let you use their own site.

Fast forward to June 2023. I waited about 6ish weeks to get my CIEM, which is on the longer side, but not something I wasn't patient enough for. Hidition doesn't use solid models for their IEMs so I had to get new impressions and physically mail them to SG so they could get mailed to Korea and finally have the IEMs made. I finally got them in and immediately had some discomfort in my right ear. The seal on both ears was quite good, but the nozzle was too long. It felt like I was Q tipping my ear too deeply.

My main goal was not to send these back to Korea as that would take give or take 1-2 weeks as well as refit time. I tried to cope for about 2 weeks, but I gave up and it was too uncomfortable. I sent them back via USPS and this is where it all goes wrong.

I sent the IEM back and waited 5 weeks to get it back. It felt like Hidition just waited 5 weeks and then put it back in the box and sent it back to me. There were no changes. I tried some small ways of reinserting it and really trying to figure it out, but I gave up after about weeks. We're now in August 2023 and I sent them back for a 2nd time. This time USPS manages to lose them in transit. I check with SG post and they tell me that the box is in Singapore, but they don't know where. They then told I addressed the box incorrectly, but seeing as this was the 2nd time I sent it back on the same address I don't see how that's possible. I get the box back and it's mid September and I immediately OVERNIGHT it to SG and it is comfirmed receieved.

I was hoping I could get the box back by 11/15/23 as I was going on a trip to Japan and was hoping these would be my dailies by the time I left. They said they would try but no promises. They whiffed on the delivery date and now it's 12/13 and i still don't have them. It has been 9 months since my order was placed and it seems they might be coming back to me this week. 🤷‍♂️

TLDR: I'm sure I'll catch flack for a flame post, but Hidition has just left me in the rain on this one. Zeppelin and Co has been great. They have walked me through each step and have been accomadating. However, if you live outside of Korea or SG, don't waste you time with Hidition. Their responses don't exist and seemingly the IEMs don't either. I can't be the first person to need a refit (let alone 2), but at this point, I don't even really want them anymore. 9 months after the initial purchase and $200 in freight back and fourth across the world has made it an even more embarassing purchase for myself. I know many people have had amazing experiences with Hidition, but for every 10 good ones, there's one bad one. Take caution before buying and be positive it's what you want because if you're like me 9 months to wait for an IEM is just disrespectful.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #73,372 of 89,844
Hi! :)
Thank you!
I didn’t purchase them yet! I want to sell my Lp6 and Ragnar first!!
For the availability outside of Japan, I’m not sure! Here in China the shop is an official Rosenkranz dealer so it’s easy to get.
Maybe you can try to send an email to Rosenkranz directly.

Cheers 🍻

Julien
Oh I thought you already pull the trigger, hahaha. Which cable are you going to pair it with? 🙂

Dec 13, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #73,373 of 89,844
the 64 audio clan were hyping the bass to be the next greatest thing
I have come to the realisation that 64 Audio cannot do a good bass. It's always lacking in all of it's iems.
For me that describes Z1R’s sound. 🤷‍♂️
No man, not really. The mids on Z1R may be lacking, but I don't find any bass bleed on them. The bass on it is so lovely.

Dec 13, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #73,374 of 89,844
Speaking about N30LE, I also don't understand a premium, very expensive, limited edition item using leather as standard. For some that like using leather, it might be a welcome thing. But what about others that don't want leather or are allergic to it (yes there's a thing called allergic to leather).

I prefer using silicone or PU cases for my DAPs. And the leather case that came with my N30LE is sleeping in its box. I have a pouch made of cloth that I keep my DAP in.
Well, actually most of the premium, very expensive, and limited item are using material like wood, leather, and maybe carbon fibers? Alcantara too. Sportscar and so many luxury things are using those stuff so I think that's normal. About allergic to leather sometimes they offer a vegan leather, but you can't call that a leather 🤭
As for me, I prefer a genuine one 🐄🐑🔪🔪
Might not be a popular opinion, but I dislike the look of Cayin daps in general, not just the font or (strange) case. The Chanling m9 (with the big leather M) case is also not that great looking.

They sound great though 😄

With all the bells and whistles, it looks a little corny 🌽, less is more in some cases (pun intended)

(Ofc your opinion might be the opposite 😅)

Im not sure what dap I think looks the best (in case, who uses it without?).
Do like the gold brick and LPGT.
Cayin's DAP are just okay looking and not ugly I'm sure. I've never seen an ugly DAP 🤔
Their black and gold color combination are quite standard. In terms of design yes I can agree that the gold brick and LPGT (The Ti version is beautiful) is nicer. I used to like AK DAP when I'm still in a college, but now I'm bored with their design 🫣
(please put down your pitchfork AK lovers 😱)
I'm gonna scream into the void for just a minute. I would also like to preface this with Zeppelin and Co has been quite nice to work with, but you can't draw blood from a stone so to speak. They helped design and translate my CIEM experience into the real deal. Hidition however is just another level of disappointment. I'm sure I am going to catch flack for this, but I want other potential buyers to be aware.

Rewind to March 2023. I decided I wanted to get the Hidition Viento B. I have heard these were special monitors and were very affordable in the CIEM space. They have come highly recommended by Crinacle, as well as other reviewers and users I have massive respect for. The sound is supposed to be neutralish with a bit of extra sub bass bump. They are also a very modest 3 BA set and really just sound incredible. I get my design finalized and send the order over to Zepp. If you have never dealt with Hidition before, their website was designed in 1994 with no ability to translate or use it functionally. All of the design has to be done through an intermediary unless you speak fluent Korean which I think would let you use their own site.

Fast forward to June 2023. I waited about 6ish weeks to get my CIEM, which is on the longer side, but not something I wasn't patient enough for. Hidition doesn't use solid models for their IEMs so I had to get new impressions and physically mail them to SG so they could get mailed to Korea and finally have the IEMs made. I finally got them in and immediately had some discomfort in my right ear. The seal on both ears was quite good, but the nozzle was too long. It felt like I was Q tipping my ear too deeply.

My main goal was not to send these back to Korea as that would take give or take 1-2 weeks as well as refit time. I tried to cope for about 2 weeks, but I gave up and it was too uncomfortable. I sent them back via USPS and this is where it all goes wrong.

I sent the IEM back and waited 5 weeks to get it back. It felt like Hidition just waited 5 weeks and then put it back in the box and sent it back to me. There were no changes. I tried some small ways of reinserting it and really trying to figure it out, but I gave up after about weeks. We're now in August 2023 and I sent them back for a 2nd time. This time USPS manages to lose them in transit. I check with SG post and they tell me that the box is in Singapore, but they don't know where. They then told I addressed the box incorrectly, but seeing as this was the 2nd time I sent it back on the same address I don't see how that's possible. I get the box back and it's mid September and I immediately OVERNIGHT it to SG and it is comfirmed receieved.

I was hoping I could get the box back by 11/15/23 as I was going on a trip to Japan and was hoping these would be my dailies by the time I left. They said they would try but no promises. They whiffed on the delivery date and now it's 12/13 and i still don't have them. It has been 9 months since my order was placed and it seems they might be coming back to me this week. 🤷‍♂️

TLDR: I'm sure I'll catch flack for a flame post, but Hidition has just left me in the rain on this one. Zeppelin and Co has been great. They have walked me through each step and have been accomadating. However, if you live outside of Korea or SG, don't waste you time with Hidition. Their responses don't exist and seemingly the IEMs don't either. I can't be the first person to need a refit (let alone 2), but at this point, I don't even really want them anymore. 9 months after the initial purchase and $200 in freight back and fourth across the world has made it an even more embarassing purchase for myself. I know many people have had amazing experiences with Hidition, but for every 10 good ones, there's one bad one. Take caution before buying and be positive it's what you want because if you're like me 9 months to wait for an IEM is just disrespectful.
And this is why I never go the CIEM way even though I want to go for it several times. The frustration when the fit is not good and the waiting game 🙅
And no you won't catch a flack (whatever it is 🤭), but I think we should be thankful for you for this information. I hope everything ends well for you 🙏

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #73,375 of 89,844
I have come to the realisation that 64 Audio cannot do a good bass. It's always lacking in all of it's iems.

No man, not really. The mids on Z1R may be lacking, but I don't find any bass bleed on them. The bass on it is so lovely.
That’s where Fir Audio steps in for 64 audio lol Xe6 is no joke .. Z1R is also incredible .. still waiting for a more comfortable version.. maybe one day

Dec 13, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #73,376 of 89,844
Well, actually most of the premium, very expensive, and limited item are using material like wood, leather, and maybe carbon fibers? Alcantara too. Sportscar and so many luxury things are using those stuff so I think that's normal. About allergic to leather sometimes they offer a vegan leather, but you can't call that a leather 🤭
As for me, I prefer a genuine one 🐄🐑🔪🔪

Cayin's DAP are just okay looking and not ugly I'm sure. I've never seen an ugly DAP 🤔
Their black and gold color combination are quite standard. In terms of design yes I can agree that the gold brick and LPGT (The Ti version is beautiful) is nicer. I used to like AK DAP when I'm still in a college, but now I'm bored with their design 🫣
(please put down your pitchfork AK lovers 😱)

And this is why I never go the CIEM way even though I want to go for it several times. The frustration when the fit is not good and the waiting game 🙅
And no you won't catch a flack (whatever it is 🤭), but I think we should be thankful for you for this information. I hope everything ends well for you 🙏
CIEMs are high risk high reward. My A12t has been my go to for 2 years and I never needed a refit. I also got it in about 30 days. During COVID, that was pretty speedy!

Dec 13, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #73,378 of 89,844
My Loki are complete and I’m absolutely delighted with the result, exceeded expectations and thanks to Kinera for their patience as we went back and forth on the details! Can’t wait to get them in my hands…

IMG_9191.jpeg

IMG_9190.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #73,379 of 89,844
My Loki are complete and I’m absolutely delighted with the result, exceeded expectations and thanks to Kinera for their patience as we went back and forth on the details! Can’t wait to get them in my hands…

IMG_9191.jpeg

IMG_9190.jpeg
Such a classy design and the result are marvelous. Those shiny curvy lighting are mesmerizing 😍

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #73,380 of 89,844

IMG_9191.jpeg

IMG_9190.jpeg
Those are Kinera's photos? Those ain't your run of the mill mobile camera photos I'm used to receiving with either of my customs. Very nice! Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back