The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #67,246 of 91,365
Finally.. :)

IMG_0030.jpeg

And some cables..

IMG_0031.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #67,251 of 91,365
Canadian Company you need to pay attention to Plunge Audio , radical stuff amazing sound , design and tech.

Simon Finch Musician/ Audiologist making Custom IEM up until now since 2008 10,000 pairs out there in musicians ears now has turned his attention to making Universal IEM done properly.

Stay tuned for more info from Canucks Audioholics Review Group including a interview with Simon and talk more about what makes his stuff so unique.

So excited to share , we haven’t been this excited about a IEM in a while because there wasn’t too much being done differently out there until now!

https://plungeaudio.com/
what type of driver do you use?

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #67,252 of 91,365
Any recommendation maybe? My must try list is : Trailli, Storm, VEX, Raven, UM AP
You already have quite an expensive chain and I think anything with a DD should be nice to add.

Annihilator - This is what I would buy with the chain you currently have for enjoying the most outstanding treble.

VEX - I would think that this one has the best Mids as per most impressions. They are known for it.

RN6 - kinetic bass, well tuned and balanced sound.

Trailli is again all BA and I am not so if you want to have it along with Jewel.

UM AP is an overkill at $8 K

There are some new IEMs which could be very good.

7th Acoustics is introducing a flagship IEM in December.

Elysian & Subtonic are also working on a new IEMs

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #67,253 of 91,365
You already have quite an expensive chain and I think anything with a DD should be nice to add.

Annihilator - This is what I would buy with the chain you currently have for enjoying the most outstanding treble.

VEX - I would think that this one has the best Mids as per most impressions. They are known for it.

Trailli is again all BA and I am not so if you want to have it along with Jewel.

I already have RN6 😁
Almost forgot Anni '23 on the must try list. I'm ordering Raven too, but might cancel it if it takes too long and get a TOTL BA IEM instead to add some variation to my collection

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #67,254 of 91,365
I already have RN6 😁
Almost forgot Anni '23 on the must try list. I'm ordering Raven too, but might cancel it if it takes too long and get a TOTL BA IEM instead to add some variation to my collection
Would you not want to wait for the Raven to be introduced in a new shell?

Anni should be very interesting imo and it should be a fantastic pairing with N 30 LE.

What are your thoughts about RN6?

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #67,255 of 91,365

Prudent suggestions. :relaxed: :thumbsup:

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #67,258 of 91,365

Yeah UM AP are one of the best IEMs out and I have one. Probably the best to my ears that I have heard so far. BUT still $8k is too much. Especially since in reality it is $13k since you have to get yhe N30LE with it (fantastic dap tho).

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #67,259 of 91,365
Would you not want to wait for the Raven to be introduced in a new shell?

Anni should be very interesting imo and it should be a fantastic pairing with N 30 LE.

What are your thoughts about RN6?
I love RN6 but because of the kinetic bass I can't listen to it with my ideal listening volume when my wife is around. She keep pestering me to turn down the volume 🤣
I want to make it into a CIEM but some people here said it doesn't fully eliminate the leaking sound 🤪
About the Raven yes I'm willing to wait for now but maybe if I have to choose, for now I prefer to add a BA IEM than another DD hybrid again even though I'm curious with the BCD on the Raven.

Oct 18, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #67,260 of 91,365
I love RN6 but because of the kinetic bass I can't listen to it with my ideal listening volume when my wife is around. She keep pestering me to turn down the volume 🤣
I want to make it into a CIEM but some people here said it doesn't fully eliminate the leaking sound 🤪
About the Raven yes I'm willing to wait for now but maybe if I have to choose, for now I prefer to add a BA IEM than another DD hybrid again even though I'm curious with the BCD on the Raven.
Sounds like either a Mentor or Mason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back