The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #65,971 of 93,307
and will not universally appeal to all (no IEM will)
This is why I tend to have a really hard time talking about IEMs with other folks - I know for a fact that my ear canals not only don't match many, many other peoples' canals, they don't even match each other. A lot of IEMs are treble -harsh to my right ear, but treble-light to my left. I think my pinnae have actually partly or maybe even mostly made up for this, which is why I find headphones & speakers much easier to talk about.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #65,973 of 93,307
I'm not a big metal guy, but I do listen to some early Metallica, Megadeth, Sepultura, Pantera etc. I haven't listened to any of it with Bonneville yet but if you have something in mind from those 4 bands I could check it out. Alternately, this just came up in the rotation and it was glorious with Bonneville:

I tried those tips and wanted to pick up a pair so bad. As per Eletech they are classy and beautiful. Unfortunately as with so many other tips they are too small for me even in L size.

Give this a try and let me know what u think. Besides the fact that they’re my favorite band I happen to take guitar lessons from him when I was 15.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #65,976 of 93,307
Ummmmmm what?!? This is incredible and amazing and what an experience. Would love to hear more about this.
I live and grew up on Long Island. The keyboardist I used to play with took lessons from Kevin Moore their original keyboardist. I was introduced to John through him and took lessons from him for about a year after when dream and day unite came out.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #65,977 of 93,307
Top Three Must Buys From Can Jam SoCal:

1. Eletech Baroque Eartips
2. Campfire Bonneville
3. Sony CD900ST

I'm using the CD900ST atm with Hugo 2, the imaging is simply spectacular. For 137 bucks, this is ridiculous. This is such a well engineered headphone, kicking myself for not buying one earlier.
In a photo the Eletech eartips look wide bore. Are they as wide as say the SednaEarfit Light?

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #65,978 of 93,307
In a photo the Eletech eartips look wide bore. Are they as wide as say the SednaEarfit Light?
Just ordered the baroque eartips from bloom. They’re backordered until the end of October so it’ll be a little wait.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #65,979 of 93,307
So I started here about 6 months ago with the simple wish of buying a mid-range mobile setup in addition to my endgame Susvara chain. I quickly realized the world of iem's is pretty wild! Unfortunately, with no canjams around, demoing the good stuff and forming my own opinions is difficult. So I'm hoping someone with both hdphns and in-ears experience would kindly point me towards the iem equivalent of a Meze Elite. Txs!
Hmm, when I think Meze Elite I think reasonably technical, smooth, safely tuned, and fatigue free. Vision Ears Phonix comes to mind

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #65,980 of 93,307
Just ordered the baroque eartips from bloom. They’re backordered until the end of October so it’ll be a little wait.
They have them at Hifonix in the UK so I’ll try there. They do look nice.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #65,981 of 93,307
I do have those tips but have been searching for my eartip box leading up to CanJam SoCal but can't find it. If someone can post a pic or possibly @Eric Chong give some dimensions that would be most helpful. Otherwise, I will keep searching!

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #65,982 of 93,307
Wow you are in luck! Had a brainwave and found it. Damn talk about good timing.

regarding stem width, they look about the same

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #65,983 of 93,307
Wow you are in luck! Had a brainwave and found it. Damn talk about good timing.

regarding stem width, they look about the same

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg
Excellent photo! I like the look of these and will probably get some.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #65,984 of 93,307
Does XE6 have better Sub Bass as compared to the Singularity. Any other IEM at XE6 level which can be good for Hip - Hop?
I have both and both deliver lots of quality bass, if in a different way. Xe6 (and the other frontiers with Kinetic Bass) delivers bass like no others, meaning it's a different, unique bass delivery. Singularity delivers perhaps a deeper and more coherent bass, but Xe6 mids and treble are far more emotive, IMHO. However the Singularity delivers the most satisfyingly coherent sound being single DD, and it reaches deep. I have and love both, they don't cancel each other out.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #65,985 of 93,307
I tried those tips and wanted to pick up a pair so bad. As per Eletech they are classy and beautiful. Unfortunately as with so many other tips they are too small for me even in L size.

Same, I ordered Ls and while they provide a deep fit, I could use a larger than L. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back