The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 4, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #64,051 of 91,343
Top recommendations, thank you!

I already like Moby a lot, but somehow I just ignored these collaborations, my bad.

Have you listened to any of Photek’s albums? Brilliant D&B producer.

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #64,053 of 91,343
Hi all,

For those of you who have @ me on this thread or quoted one of my responses that requires my attention/follow-up, I just wanted to update you and let you know you are not being ignored by intention.

To make you aware, I've recently had the passing of a close friend/mentor in my life, so I will be harder to reach than usual for the next week or so while I take the time I need, as this is my first time dealing with this situation in such an unexpected fashion

I hope to see you at CanJam SoCal soon if you're going. If you have a question fo me, leave it in my DMs, and I will follow-up with you when I am back.

Thank you!

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #64,054 of 91,343
Hi all,

For those of you who have @ me on this thread or quoted one of my responses that requires my attention/follow-up, I just wanted to update you and let you know you are not being ignored by intention.

To make you aware, I've recently had the passing of a close friend/mentor in my life, so I will be harder to reach than usual for the next week or so while I take the time I need, as this is my first time dealing with this situation in such an unexpected fashion.

I hope to see you at CanJam SoCal soon if you're going. If you have a question fo me, leave it in my DMs, and I will follow-up with you when I am back.

Thank you!
Sending my condolences. Sorry to hear of your loss Sebastien.

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #64,055 of 91,343
Hi all,

To make you aware, I've recently had the passing of a close friend/mentor in my life, so I will be harder to reach than usual for the next week or so while I take the time I need, as this is my first time dealing with this situation in such an unexpected fashion.

Thank you!
So sorry for your loss. Be it friend, family, or mentor, they all have a special place in our hearts that can never be filled when they are lost. It leaves a scar that remains, but is always there to remind us of the love we had for that person. Wishing you peace and comfort.

Sep 4, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #64,056 of 91,343
Hi all,

Thank you!
My sincere condolences to you, and your loved ones @Sebastien Chiu! 🕊️

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #64,057 of 91,343
Hi all,

Thank you!
Sorry to hear, Seb, take all the time you need. Although we can't be there for you "IRL" know that as a community we're here for you and we're also here if you just feel like you might want to discuss IEMs, music, philosophy, the weather, etc., whatever helps/distracts.

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #64,058 of 91,343
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hey Seb, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're able to take all the time you need to grieve. Your community here is behind you.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #64,059 of 91,343
This morning, I am running through the last Noble IEM that Wilson from Jaben Singapore has kindly sent to me

The Noble Stage 3. It has 2 BA, 1 DD driver configuration.

The shells are a great fit. It will not give the Spartacus or the Ragnar a run for their money. But I do not think it is the intention. However, I will say that it is very nicely balanced IEM. There is a hint of warm ness which is great for vocal music.

I reckon it would be great for anyone who wants to sample the Noble house sound without going for the flagships. Or a complementary IEM for a commute or on the road.

Definitely something I’d suggest you try if you want a pair of easy to enjoy IEMs with a relaxed sound signature. :)

IMG_9573.jpeg

When Wilson from Jaben Singapore suggested he could include the new EE Raven in the care pack he was sending across to me, I will confess that I had some reservations. Frankly, the EVO was not quite for me. I felt that the BCD as implemented was a bit overwhelming. YMMV of course. I do know of folks who loved it.

When I slipped on the Raven, I was very pleasantly surprised. Whilst there was some degree of warmth in the sound signature, I felt that the effect of the BCD was subtle and nuanced. It complemented the other drivers in giving a sense of depth as well adding to the 3D soundstage.

What can I say about the Raven? Well, it has a great sound stage, details and the BCD does add that extra dimension to the sound. When called for, the bass really kicks but it is not overwhelming nor does it drown out everything else. Very nice and polished sound.

For anyone who were not so excited about the EVO, I think the Raven is definitely giving a listen to. I do like it much more than the EVO. :)

IMG_9557.jpeg

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #64,060 of 91,343
The Noble Stage 3. It has 2 BA, 1 DD driver configuration.

The shells are a great fit. It will not give the Spartacus or the Ragnar a run for their money. But I do not think it is the intention. However, I will say that it is very nicely balanced IEM. There is a hint of warm ness which is great for vocal music.
Stage 3 (which I bought during CanJam Chicago) are absolutely awesome!
While technicalities are not on the same level as Noble flagships - neither is the price... at $600 - a very easy to recommend IEMs. I connected mine to iFi GO Pods, and turned them into the best sounding TWS out there :wink: What a joy.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #64,061 of 91,343
Hi all,

Thank you!
Sorry for your loss Seb. Condolences.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #64,062 of 91,343
Stage 3 (which I bought during CanJam Chicago) are absolutely awesome!
While technicalities are not on the same level as Noble flagships - neither is the price... at $600 - a very easy to recommend IEMs. I connected mine to iFi GO Pods, and turned them into the best sounding TWS out there :wink: What a joy.
Yeah… have to agree. It is such an easy point of entry into the Noble house sound. It is pure musical joy and easy to carry around. :)

Anyway, the Singapore folks who want to give this dark horse a try, the care package of Raven, Spartacus, Ragnar and Stage 3 will be going back later today. Happy listening!

Hi all,

Thank you!
Sorry for your loss @Sebastien Chiu.

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #64,063 of 91,343
Night Oblivion Butastur is here!

A 10-minute walk from the post office never seemed so long.
20230904_153737.jpg

Unpacking quickly while not absolutely murdering the box is an art in itself lol. Applied H570 immediately, as suggested by none other than AS.
20230904_155600.jpg

First listen left me impressed by resolution and imaging capabilities. Deep dive follows in a few days when I get to know these babies.
20230904_160249.jpg

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #64,064 of 91,343
Hi all,

Thank you!

My condolences.

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #64,065 of 91,343
Taking the Brise SC 8W for a spin with the FitEar DC and the SP3K Cu. :)

IMG_9577.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back