The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #40,096 of 88,312
Anyone has recommendations for sony cdp? I want to use my U6t with 3.5mm termination. Some CDs lying around. It has to have low noise floor, though U6t is not excessively sensitive. Thinking 100$ ish from Ebay.. Nothing too expensive, as I believe they are single ended with some limit in detail/soundstage.
This is D-E999 listed 199$.. Thanks!

Attachments

• DE46FB3B-5225-4C3A-AE39-43C1CE1C4F5B.jpeg
    DE46FB3B-5225-4C3A-AE39-43C1CE1C4F5B.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #40,097 of 88,312
Anyone has recommendations for sony cdp? I want to use my U6t with 3.5mm termination. Some CDs lying around. It has to have low noise floor, though U6t is not excessively sensitive. Thinking 100$ ish from Ebay.. Nothing too expensive, as I believe they are single ended with some limit in detail/soundstage.
I had that one back in the day, awesome discman but really don't know how it would fare by todays standards. Would you not be best just ripping them to flac? Could get a cheap dvd player that would do it for less than $100.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #40,098 of 88,312
Calling it now, end game for source until they bring out a new one, if they ever do. Nail me to a cross and burn me if I ever change my mind. :sunglasses:

PXL_20221026_173406206.jpg

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #40,101 of 88,312
Nov 17, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #40,102 of 88,312
I felt like such a baller back in the day when I got one of these back in my teens. My headphones then were the dirt cheap foamies you would get at the drug store and I kind of look back fondly at my ignorance of not knowing anything better. I would use my riding lawnmower wearing my discman blasting De La Soul and GNR, use the cash to buy more CDs.

By college saved up enough to get one of those beefy bad boy 200 CD carousels with the hand-me-down Bose speakers and folks would hang out at my dorm and rock out to Metallica. Good times!

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #40,103 of 88,312
Finally finished my 8k symbols review of Noble Audio Kublai Khan!
Not sure that I'm riding that hype train as for me Traillii still being much > than KK :D
While KK being a very good and unique-sounding IEM for me.
You can read my review here if interested - KK Review by Alexzander

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #40,104 of 88,312
You remind me of the good old days walking around the street and listening to music.

Yes, definitely Sony cdp is great cheap cd source especially one with optical out.
The 3.5 analog output is apparently showing some noise floor, but the optical out is quite impressive.

C85495CB-844C-4A04-8ED3-9DF959B8528A.jpeg
E5001769-34B2-4126-82E6-5BFF61F0F9E7.jpeg

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #40,105 of 88,312
Yea I was hoping I could buy it without having to listen - as my schedule is not seeing any travel soon and I live in Texas where the world sometimes stand still… Austin doesn’t have that much places to try IEM’s - Houston and there’s Noble… both would mean an 8 hour round trip drive which I am not sure I want to do…

It may be too late, sorry I just saw this post.

You may want to reach out to Noble Texas HQ.

You may be able to meet at a half way point for the both you, making the drive a more manageable 4 hr round trip.

That said, there is an excellent Cajun restaurant near the Texas HQ.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #40,106 of 88,312
Black Friday and its deals and promotions coming into play. Anyone eyeing anything at a good price?

Personally I’m considering ordering a custom Supermoon but only thing holding me back is I want it with 4.4mm balanced termination which they’ve been OOS on.

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #40,107 of 88,312
It may be too late, sorry I just saw this post.

You may want to reach out to Noble Texas HQ.

You may be able to meet at a half way point for the both you, making the drive a more manageable 4 hr round trip.

That said, there is an excellent Cajun restaurant near the Texas HQ.
I'll make the drive in January :) I have some purchases I am getting to now on sale.

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #40,108 of 88,312
Finally finished my 8k symbols review of Noble Audio Kublai Khan!
Not sure that I'm riding that hype train as for me Traillii still being much > than KK :D
While KK being a very good and unique-sounding IEM for me.
You can read my review here if interested - KK Review by Alexzander
Thank you for your honest and forthright review. I just ordered one recently and hoping to get a cardas clear cable for mine but in the meantime will be comparing the stock to the Traillii cable. I mainly purchased the KK as a compliment to Traillii for more energetic music and orchestral music as I think it will do a good job there. I used to own the Mest Indigo and while it had the best imaging I’ve ever heard thus far, the treble was fatiguing and little grating/rough around the edges for my library. So I hope that KK will fit what I’m looking for. I will post impressions here once I receive it and let them burn for a week or so. Thanks again for the review 😃

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #40,109 of 88,312
Black Friday and its deals and promotions coming into play. Anyone eyeing anything at a good price?

Personally I’m considering ordering a custom Supermoon but only thing holding me back is I want it with 4.4mm balanced termination which they’ve been OOS on.

I am looking at ZMF November, already got an Atrium, but still looking for VC. For supermoon, I still need more demo to convince myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back