The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 23, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #36,076 of 88,548
I allow myself to suggest also something more extreme, would be great your opinion with ie600 on this

Love this band. Glad to have seen them live once. Super rare to see them in Europe.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #36,077 of 88,548
Do you want to convert scuba to metalhead? :beyersmile:

Too late, I now look like this

Metal's_not_dead.jpg

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #36,079 of 88,548
Oh indeed a classic track! If I listen, that could send me off on a 90s dance rabbit hole. Currently listening to the 'Body Riddle' reissue by Clark, 'Body Double' which contains extra tracks... phenomenal album and been way too long since I've listened.

I forgot you bought EST50, enjoying?

Warming up for tomorrow’s outdoor tech festival taking place in the center of Zurich.

Getting back to the source is never a bad thing, from time to time.

I loved Clark first two albums, especially « Herzog » on Body Riddle. I kinda left it afterwards.

The EST50 is a very enjoyable set, which unleashes it’s full potential through a neutral and powerful source. They are slightly colored IEMs with a lovely punchy low-end and full mids. High registers are well-served and extended enough to please the majority of the portable audio crowd. Built quality is amazing at this price point. Stock cable and tips require upgrade and aftermarket solution.

I recommend them to anyone who want its music spiced with a tad extra bass without sacrificing detail retrieval and vocals presence.

Some UK early 10´s pseudo dubstep to spice up the night

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #36,080 of 88,548
Sep 23, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #36,081 of 88,548
I think we got all the Traillii's out of the way ! okay Jewel owners it's our time XD.
Nah, nah! None of that! We can’t rig the vote by marshaling troops, this has to play out organically. 😉

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #36,082 of 88,548
Nah, nah! None of that! We can’t rig the vote by marshaling troops, this has to play out organically. 😉
It's a different kind of vote this time, I think. More asking what you've been into recently. Not what your favorites are overall.

I've been spending time with Kublai Khan, Indigo, and EVO. But that's not my top 3. In general I don't like rankings very much though. I love all my IEMs, for various reasons.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #36,083 of 88,548
Warming up for tomorrow’s outdoor tech festival taking place in the center of Zurich.

Getting back to the source is never a bad thing, from time to time.

I loved Clark first two albums, especially « Herzog » on Body Riddle. I kinda left it afterwards.

The EST50 is a very enjoyable set, which unleashes it’s full potential through a neutral and powerful source. They are slightly colored IEMs with a lovely punchy low-end and full mids. High registers are well-served and extended enough to please the majority of the portable audio crowd. Built quality is amazing at this price point. Stock cable and tips require upgrade and aftermarket solution.

I recommend them to anyone who want its music spiced with a tad extra bass without sacrificing detail retrieval and vocals presence.

Some UK early 10´s pseudo dubstep to spice up the night

EST50 sounds interesting, it was one on my radar for quite a while - to be fair, a lot of sets are on my radar at some point :)

All of these from Clark for me are absolutely fantastic, I love how he experiments with sound. Beyond that, I sort of lost track as opposed to not liking - I must check in on those thereafter.

1663965320377.png

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #36,084 of 88,548
It's a different kind of vote this time, I think. More asking what you've been into recently. Not what your favorites are overall.

I've been spending time with Kublai Khan, Indigo, and EVO. But that's not my top 3. In general I don't like rankings very much though. I love all my IEMs, for various reasons.
thats a interesting 3 though what do you think of them in a head to head >_<

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #36,085 of 88,548
KK and Indigo trade blows with KK having better treble and Indigo bigger bass. Love them both. EVO is of course the bass monster. I do need to EQ the mids and treble to fully enjoy it, but that’s very easy and saves the day for this set.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #36,086 of 88,548
EST50 sounds interesting, it was one on my radar for quite a while - to be fair, a lot of sets are on my radar at some point :)

All of these from Clark for me are absolutely fantastic, I love how he experiments with sound. Beyond that, I sort of lost track as opposed to not liking - I must check in on those thereafter.

Was unaware of the 2001´s release. Clark went too abstract and not very enjoyable for me in its late works. Matter of taste. Discogs is as (un)healthy as HF for the purse☺️

Getting into funny dub to finish the night

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #36,087 of 88,548
1. Odyssey
2. Annihilator
3. XE6

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #36,088 of 88,548
Sep 23, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #36,089 of 88,548
I was going to wait until tomorrow to start this but it will help me this weekend if we get a head start today. It's officially fall up here in the northern hemisphere which means it's time for our seasonal poll.

Survey: What are the top 3 IEMs that own your heart right now?

Criteria for selection is entirely up to you-- favourites, new loves...what 3 IEMs are occupying your mind and heart at this moment in time? To see the results of the summer and spring polls head to the opening page of the Watercooler thread.
1. Elysian X
2. Aroma Jewel
3. Fir XE6

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #36,090 of 88,548
1. Elysian X
2. Aroma Jewel
3. Fir XE6
Wanted to put Ely X on my list, but I need more time with it to be confident on the rating. In my mind it would go straight to the top. 🤓

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back