The upcoming MD/VA/DC area meet is Sat, Oct 2 at 1:00 PM!!
Aug 24, 2004 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

thrice

Member of the Trade:Rockhopper Audio
[size=small]The Meet will be held on Sat. Oct. 2nd 2004 at 1:00pm.[/size]

Hello everyone.

I had so much fun at Hirsch's June 6th meet I thought it would be fun to host one of my own. My wife and I recently moved into a house so it seems feasible to hold a meet. Of course, those at Hirsch's last meet know how many people you can squeeze into a 3 bedroom apartment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, if you're interested please vote on which date you would be interested in. I'm limiting it to these two dates because 1) this is when I can hold a meet and 2) too many cooks....
smily_headphones1.gif

As far as equipment goes I have:
1) a soon to be modded 3950
2) Harmon Kardon 5 disc changer
3) Homemade PPA w/Larocco Diamond Buffer
4) MINT amps
5) I will have a PIMETA by then
6) Maybe a Dynahi, but we'll see
7) Homemade ICs

I'm going to try to get some gear sent to me for the meet, but I don't know what just yet. Probably an amp or two, I can't afford to request too much.

So if you're interested in coming PM me and let me know what gear you can bring.

Thanks.

Cheers,
thrice

[size=medium]Equipment List:[/size]

[size=x-small]Headphones:[/size]

R10
CD3000
ATH-A900 X 2
ATH-W100
SR-60 X 2
SR-280
SR-325
RS-1 X 2
PS-1
HP-2
HD 590
Senn. HD 600 X 3 (possible Headphile woodies)
HD 650 X 2
K501
Stax Omega 2
Stax 404
Sony MDR-V6
563A?
Stax 2020 ?

[size=x-small]Amps:[/size]

PIMETA
MINT
PPA w/Larocco Diamond Buffer and Ad8610 and OPA627 opamps
META42
PPX3 X like a million (am I the only one without one of these?)
MG Head
Headamp KGSS
Bradford
Blue Hawaii
Gilmore Lite
SDS
Supra (you know who's bringing this
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Earmax Pro X 2
modded SHA-1
Perreaux SXH1

[size=x-small]Sources:[/size]

Toshiba 3960 X 2
Toshiba 3950 modded by thrice
Meridian G08 X 2+
NEC 3XP+
Rio SP-90
iPod 3G 30GB
Wadia
Philips DVD963SAs X 2

[size=x-small]Misc., etc.:[/size]

Headphile Standard Silver ICs
I'll have some homemade ICs as well as some power cables. But if you have extra cables please bring 'em.

[size=x-small]DAC:[/size]

Ack dAck!
Benchmark DAC 1

[size=x-small]Builders:[/size]

Justin from Headamp will be there with his amps.
Ray Samuels will attend the meet with his amps.

So far it looks like there will be at least 25 people coming. A good size meet indeed!

EDIT: Equipment list added

EDIT: I added a poll and it will be open for 21 days from the time of this posting. Hopefully that will give people enough time to schedule travel/arrangements...etc.

Aug 25, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 60
since i'll be right around the corner around that time, count me in!

guess i could bring my sr325 (newer model), since i didn't recall seeing one at hirsh's previous meet.

one question, is your place in walking distance from the campus?

Aug 25, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 60
You guys need to have one in January. Then I'll hopefully have my Dynahi and CD player built.
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3nG
one question, is your place in walking distance from the campus?

I live off of Rhode Island Ave. (actually between Rhode Island and Rt. 1. I'm ~3 miles from the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center entrance to campus. I haven't checked the school bus info yet, but there might be a bus stop in my neighborhood too.

I'll send out my address and directions when plans firm up a bit more.

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 60
I'll be there, unless something comes up that prevents me from going. I loved the last meet at Hirsch's place (my first), and I'm looking forward to yours! As far as gear goes, I'll bring my 3960, MG Head, Standard Silver ICs, and my 600s. Oh, and by the time the meet rolls around I might have woodies for the Senns, depending on two things: whether my parents will get them for me for my birthday (probably), and whether they will give them to me a couple weeks early (maybe). I look forward to all of the gear, especially those electrostats of yours Hirsch (I never got to hear the HE60 at the last meet).

Aug 26, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 60
I would love to attend this meet at your home if it were held October 2. The next week I will be at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. I can bring a bunch of good stuff too.

Aug 26, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 60
Nice sig Tuberoller! In this case I'd actually like the meet to be the 2nd, not the 9th, since I've always wanted to meet you; I enjoy every thread you start in the members lounge! So add 1 vote to the 2nd and subtract one from the 9th. I thought the gear at the last meet was great, but the best part was definitely getting to meet other head-fiers.

Aug 27, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #12 of 60
I've sent out e-mail notifications of this meet to everyone who signed up for the e-mail list last time around. If you would like to receive e-mail notification of Head-Fi meets in the DC area, please send me an e-mail at moehoward9000@mindspring.com and let me know. IMPORTANT: Please put "HEAD-FI MEET" in the subject line when sending e-mail to that address. That's necessary to get the message past my spam filters.

Aug 30, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
i'll be there. i think you should have meets on both dates. 2 meets are better than 1.

Hey man, feel free to stop by whenever.....just bring gear...LOL
k1000smile.gif

Equipment list added to first post in thread. PM me with what gear you can bring
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #15 of 60
Okay, I just found out I'm going to Chicago the weekend of October 9 to visit the University of Chicago and Northwestern, so I'm pulling for October 2. I just hope the poll stays the way it is (which is really 6-2, since I voted for October 9 but now want October 2). Just trying to make sure I get there, I'm looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back