The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jul 2, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #872 of 1,222
Overall, it would be nice to see it, but I would not vouch on either side. Sure would be sweet for the people who need a transport, but it's hard to estimate how many are there 
o2smile.gif

Would some form of crowdfunding approach be a good idea in order to indicate the level of demand?

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #875 of 1,222
  I hope its price range stays in $700. If it goes any higher, I will have to kill my bank. I have no reason for that. 

I very much doubt Fiio would try to charge that much for it, considering it's a companion product. They need to make it an accessible price, in order to penetrate the market as much as possible.

Besides, Fiio aren't a greedy company, thankfully.
beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #878 of 1,222
Jul 2, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #880 of 1,222

A LOT of R&D went into the X7, and it's more complex than the T3 (not that the T3 is simple, but this is just relatively-speaking)

So, is T3 going to feature its own DAC and AMP section at all? I hope that's a possibility. 

Only a basic SOC implementation.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #882 of 1,222

Only a basic SOC implementation.

Yeah.. that's sad. Hopefully they do T4 with built-in DAC and AMP.

Dual SD card feature is what I'm interested in the most. 1TB of storage can store a lot of SACDs...

That might be more like an X6, given that Fiio are logically using the 'T' designation for devices targeted at digital-transport use, in partnership with a seperate DAC-Amp.

"Different Horses for Different Courses..." 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back