The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Apr 16, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #616 of 1,222
  I'm not getting into a debate on this.  if you're disappointed in me or my views - that is your right.  Just as my puzzlement at your position is mine.  To voice our own opinions is also our right.  I've voiced mine. You've voiced yours.  The world carries on.  Further discussion in this vein is pointless.  Like I said, and I meant it genuinely - good luck in your search.

Agreed.

I was not actively searching for a dedicated transport at the time of the thread, it just excited me, meaning I would have been straight in.
Just to clarify, if reports come out that it equals the sound quality of the upcoming Chord SD Transport add-on when attached to a Mojo, I reserve the right to buy as I'm pretty sure the UI will be better!

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #617 of 1,222
I really don't get you guys. You do understand, that everyone have different needs. That is why we make compromises in every tech we buy. Like apple and android, they both have their strong flaws. But we decide what is best for us. But sometimes we don't have much choice. Personally I don't know any other double sd player. Such product is for those who would like as much storage as possible. If someone is fine with 50 albums at the time, than it is essentialy wrong product for that person. Like buying a big pickup truck snd saying i wanted something small with low gas consumption.
Correct me if I'm wrong, you can still use external dac with or without one build-in? So why not use built-in. It will work for someone, you can still use extarnal, more people would buy product, more chances that product will become reality. Yes, I know, it would be cooler if it fitted all your dreams, and went to work instead of you, but we live in real world

[mod edit - removed profanity]

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #618 of 1,222
Haven't been reading much of this thread but was thinking to myself that $200 is maximum I'd be willing to spend to don't have to use a phone as transport. Meaning that of the price ends up around $200 I'm most definitely in.....

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #620 of 1,222
Apr 16, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #621 of 1,222
Could
We may put this project in Indiegogo, and the target is 10,000 pcs or 2,000,000usd, I think this maybe too crazy :frowning2: 
Could we get a heads up before you guys launch so that we headfi'ers could be the first investors? :p It's only fair ththat the dedicated community get the first units so that, as an MVP, we could give you the best feedback to make the early adjustments to FW updates and UI touch-ups.

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #622 of 1,222
We may put this project in Indiegogo, and the target is 10,000 pcs or 2,000,000usd, I think this maybe too crazy :frowning2: 

Nothing crazy about that--with your company's sterling reputation, all you'd need is a few good video clips / renderings and the backers will come in droves.

That, and a good scriptwriter / translator for writing up the actual content.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 16, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #623 of 1,222
@JamesFiiO when will this be released. Looking to get one
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #624 of 1,222
If you'd been following the discussion, the additional sales generated by including the dac and amp will lower manufacturing costs - so that there will be no trade-off, nor higher price. And I fail to see how this compromises anything :wink:

This makes perfect sense... Although I too was excited by the original title of the thread as well. I won't lie, it really matters not to me, other than saying it's a transport.

Regardless, I'm in anyway. Especially seeing the price possibly being $200???

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #626 of 1,222
came here excited but now, meh!
from what i read so far, the initial plan of building a DT has changed to building a DAP.
bad move if i was the only customer. but i guess there are people who prefer it.
i honestly feel you guys are producing a bit too many daps these days.

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #628 of 1,222
JaQuote:
  I think we can design it if we can sell it more than 20,000 unit per year but it is quite difficult consider that there are only 391,866 head-fi'er , lol, I can't image we can sell to people outside head-fi 
triportsad.gif

James, this is indeed a very valid concern.

Meanwhile, will it be too much for Fiio to market the T3 as it is meant to be, a transport ($200~$300), but with add-on modules ala X7 ($99) for those (20,000 folks outside of HeadFi) who are looking for a DAP first and transport a far second (Headfiers)?  This way, Fiio's T3 can appeal to both market?

A module that expands memory and a module that extends battery life to me are enticing add-ons.

More power to Fiio!

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #629 of 1,222
JamesFiiO-I totally understand your point of view, and offer my apologies as I was one of the people making unnecessary noise. I can't imagine what you have to deal with trying to make the people here happy. A task that I don't envy.

Regardless, I support you and your company. Whether it's a transport, dap, or a hybrid, you will have me as a customer.

I think we should just accept the fact that it wouldn't be economically prudent for FiiO to create just a transport. That would be a very niche group to cater to.

James said he would build it with a dac and amp, which wouldn't effect the transport abilities, and keep the costs lower. Win win for all involved, well, almost all.

I wish you the best of luck James and I'm looking forward to seeing this as a crowd funded project. You are one of the only companies I'd back in crowd funding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back