The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Apr 15, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #601 of 1,222
  We may put this project in Indiegogo, and the target is 10,000 pcs or 2,000,000usd, I think this maybe too crazy :frowning2: 

I'll buy one in any case haha. There can't be anything wrong it's a blind buy for me. Waited for this kind of device so long <3

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #602 of 1,222
  We may put this project in Indiegogo, and the target is 10,000 pcs or 2,000,000usd, I think this maybe too crazy :frowning2: 

Hoping this works out well!

Happy to back it ... as long as we're sure the SoC and its supporting memory will be sufficient for indexing large libraries (while I don't use compressed audio anywhere but off my phone, 1TB of 256Kbit lossy files is a LOT of files ... and the minute you can't index them properly then there's no reason to have the storage all mounted at once).

Good luck!

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #603 of 1,222
Count me in too for Indiegogo 
wink_face.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #604 of 1,222
If it had stayed a transport. Sorry.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #605 of 1,222
If it had stayed a transport. Sorry.

If my maths are right - it's $200, does everything you wanted, has great space, should support a superior UI, have the inputs and outputs you were after - in fact should be the perfect device.

And because it happens to have an on-chip dac and amp solution (which you wouldn't be using) - you're saying "not for you"

Some times I just scratch my head - I really do .......

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #606 of 1,222

If my maths are right - it's $200, does everything you wanted, has great space, should support a superior UI, have the inputs and outputs you were after - in fact should be the perfect device.

And because it happens to have an on-chip dac and amp solution (which you wouldn't be using) - you're saying "not for you"

rolleyes.gif

Not saying anything

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #609 of 1,222

Thought you would come back and say that! I've been consistent from the start and believed the early thread title and comments from Fiio that something really different was going to be produced. If you have read all my posts, you will see that I feared Fiio's product will now be perceived in much of the press as just another DAP and sound quality will often be judged using it's internal DAC/Amp. This to me is a shame, because just one real Transport on the market would have been nice, many looked forward to it and that was how it stated on this thread before you joined with a different view.

What you are saying is logical, that the internals do not have to be used. Mass storage is welcomed although I personally manage quite well with 50 albums on my DAPs and a weekly changeover.  But many years ago (couldn't afford it now) I paid  £4000 for a DVD transport that had no DAC and used the AV Processors DAC with a separate coax sync link for jitter reduction. It had no duplication, was designed from scratch to do what Tag McLaren designers wanted, be the best sounding CD player available. They could have put a cheap DAC inside to sell to a wider market for those without a good DAC elsewhere. But they didn't and I bought it. Psychologically it felt right and I don't think I'm the only one here who feels this way?

I've scratched my head many times on this thread but not said so in such terms. I've received positive feedback when I've queried posters coming on this thread asking for the 'transport' to have better DACs, powerful amps etc, because that was exactly what I feared happening.

Brooko, I thought we were allowed a choice on these forums? Just because it doesn't agree with one's own opinion, does not need to be put down. Disappointed in your response.

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #610 of 1,222
Apr 16, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #611 of 1,222
  Brooko, I thought we were allowed a choice on these forums? Just because it doesn't agree with one's own opinion, does not need to be put down. Disappointed in your response.

Oh - you're entitled to your own opinion - and I'm fine with you being disappointed in the way I view things. I'm just really puzzled by your own view.  That's why I question it - because I genuinely can't understand it.  Its commonly called "looking a gift horse in the mouth".  Good luck in your continued search for a transport only.

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #612 of 1,222

Oh - you're entitled to your own opinion - and I'm fine with you being disappointed in the way I view things. I'm just really puzzled by your own view.  That's why I question it - because I genuinely can't understand it.  Its commonly called "looking a gift horse in the mouth".  Good luck in your continued search for a transport only.

Not disappointed in the way you view things (we are all entitled to that), disappointed in the way you view another's opinion. Many above said they are in (pleased for Fiio, a company I respect), one persons view is different and needs a 'I scratch my head, I really do' comment. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #613 of 1,222

Maybe because without that dac/amp, it could either have been 1) cheaper or 2) had better transport-only components for the same price? And since he'll essentially be paying for a compromised option, why get one at all? I'd say that's actually a wise purchasing decision by AndrewH13, since he'll be saving his money for something that really fits his needs.

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #614 of 1,222
I'm not getting into a debate on this.  if you're disappointed in me or my views - that is your right.  Just as my puzzlement at your position is mine.  To voice our own opinions is also our right.  I've voiced mine. You've voiced yours.  The world carries on.  Further discussion in this vein is pointless.  Like I said, and I meant it genuinely - good luck in your search.

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #615 of 1,222
  Maybe because without that dac/amp, it could either have been 1) cheaper or 2) had better transport-only components for the same price? And since he'll essentially be paying for a compromised option, why get one at all? I'd say that's actually a wise purchasing decision by AndrewH13, since he'll be saving his money for something that really fits his needs.

If you'd been following the discussion, the additional sales generated by including the dac and amp will lower manufacturing costs - so that there will be no trade-off, nor higher price. And I fail to see how this compromises anything
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back