The unofficial Skyrim thread.
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #377 of 426
so what happens when you kill ulfric stormcloak? 
popcorn.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #379 of 426
May have to start smithing. Weapons do moderate damage, but my armor gets me massacred. (By mages mostly, for some reason) And my two enchanted weapons aren't doing much more damage than my bound swords (if at all), even though on paper they should be doing almost double damage.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #380 of 426
Mages are the only real threat in this game. Even with strong armor, them ice mages can still be a pain.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #381 of 426
Yes, those are the ones who literally 1-2 shot me, while few other enemies do. Yet my own destruction magic (I'm at 50 skill) is complete crap in combat. I normally dual-wield bound swords/enchanted weapons while wearing a steel plate or archmage robe.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #382 of 426
I'm leveling up my destruction through Fireball with the perk Impact. It's a lot of fun seeing Giants and Dragons being unable to cast or attack because you are constantly staggering them with fireballs :D.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #383 of 426

I'm leveling up my destruction through Fireball with the perk Impact. It's a lot of fun seeing Giants and Dragons being unable to cast or attack because you are constantly staggering them with fireballs
biggrin.gif

fire balls are an exageration, you can make a dragon skeleton fly with one of those.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #384 of 426
I've heard impact is one of those "god" skills that pretty much breaks combat. I purposely refrain from it because... well, I don't want to become a GOD. Also Dragons are incredibly easy to kill for some reason, especially if you have a follower to tank.

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #385 of 426
I don't use followers, I think they're only distracting and in the way. I've have Ilia for a while, though, she was alright, but I don't like the idea of an immortal tank.

But yeah, impact is pretty godlike if you have a large enough pool of Magicka to keep casting, then those pesky Draugr Deathlords can't even shout at you. It helps that Draugr are vulnerable to fire. The killing blow with Fireball is great though, sends enemies flying (and skeletons in pieces everywhere :D).

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #387 of 426
Yeah, I'm in the process of downloading it.

It's good they gave us this, even if modders would no doubt eventually come out with one that's better or more efficient.

I haven't actually played Skyrim for over a week now. This might give me an excuse to get back on my archer character.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #388 of 426
I stopped for quite a while as well, but I'm going to revisit it one more time now. Makes me wonder why I even bother to buy games on launch. Most games are buggy at launch and need a zero day patch. Might as well wait half a year before buying most games. Single player games I mean. Cheaper that way too.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #389 of 426
I stopped for quite a while as well, but I'm going to revisit it one more time now. Makes me wonder why I even bother to buy games on launch. Most games are buggy at launch and need a zero day patch. Might as well wait half a year before buying most games. Single player games I mean. Cheaper that way too.
I usually wait for Steam sales, like the winter sale a few weeks ago (during which I also bought Skyrim).

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #390 of 426
I usually wait for Steam sales, like the winter sale a few weeks ago (during which I also bought Skyrim).

I generally do too, but sometimes I can't resist. :) I don't really mind buying a game on launch if I think it's worth it though. I think supporting devs which make good games is something to consider there. However, I do get more and more annoyed by buggy ports from consoles and console GUIs lately. Seems like some devs make the PC version as an afterthought. Just think about what happend with Rage. That really hurt their image as well in my opinion. (meaning id soft)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back