The unofficial Skyrim thread.
Feb 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #393 of 426
Damm didn't know this thread existed
rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #395 of 426
Train enchanting, smithing, potionmaking etc, make potions and equipment to boost these skills vice versa, repeat it forever and create a sword with 700 damage or 15'000 or whatever :) Utterly boring, stupid and kills all game fun, but hey, it's legally possible without cheating.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #396 of 426
Uninstalled the game. After beating the (highly lackluster) main campaign, everything seemed utterly pointless. The daedric quests were boring with bleh rewards, even after upping the difficulty.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #397 of 426

Quote:
Train enchanting, smithing, potionmaking etc, make potions and equipment to boost these skills vice versa, repeat it forever and create a sword with 700 damage or 15'000 or whatever :) Utterly boring, stupid and kills all game fun, but hey, it's legally possible without cheating.

sounds like a plan

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #398 of 426
Uninstalled the game. After beating the (highly lackluster) main campaign, everything seemed utterly pointless. The daedric quests were boring with bleh rewards, even after upping the difficulty.

Seems like you're not the open world game kinda guy. The most enjoyable experience in Skyrim isn't so much the storyline, but the exploration imo. That's either your thing or it isn't. I must admit that I've played better games myself last year. For only 10 euro I enjoyed Bastion more than Skyrim.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #399 of 426

Quote:

Yes, I love how people say a game sucks because they exploited a bug. If you can kill Dragon Priests with a single blow, of course the game is boring. But I can make that sword without using the enchanting-alchemy loop, with a single smithing potion.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #400 of 426

Quote:
Seems like you're not the open world game kinda guy. The most enjoyable experience in Skyrim isn't so much the storyline, but the exploration imo. That's either your thing or it isn't. I must admit that I've played better games myself last year. For only 10 euro I enjoyed Bastion more than Skyrim.

I explored the game for 30 levels. It's fun, I don't deny that, but there really isn't much sense of purpose. Where's the super post-game dungeon with awesome crazy bosses and killer loot? (Is there, I really don't know) Even the world doesn't change much after beating the campaign, no mass hookers and blow.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #401 of 426
I think that the problem lies with the lack of variety of the items and missions. The world is huge and even if there are alot of different places, there is not much to do. The missions are mostly the same, storyline is short. Leveling is also somewhat boring. Maybe its just me, i've played all the Fallout games and this is my first Elder Scrolls, and what I miss the most is some sort of humour in Skyrim. Fallout always had some dark humour which I really liked.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #402 of 426
Yeah, I liked Fallout more. There was a greater sense of purpose, and I felt more of a connection to the world and its characters, even if they technically weren't that great either.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #403 of 426
I've done no enchanting or blacksmithing to escape the dreaded OPness boredom. How's the new High Rez graphics? I checked out some pics but it looked like minor changes.

after beating the campaign, no mass hookers and blow.

really? uninstalling now...

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #405 of 426
I tried playing Fallout without VATS, and shooting was terrible. I've heard it's meant to be that way, until you get more accurate weapons and gain improved proficiency. Still, it sucked enough for me to go back to VATS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back