The Ultimate Street-Style Headphone? Audio-Technica Announces the ATH-BB500
Oct 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kjk1281

1000+ Head-Fier
On October 7, Audio-Technica announced the upcoming release of several new products.  Besides the announcement of the company's latest earbud entries, another notable debut is that of the ATH-BB500.  What makes the BB500 interesting is that it's a street-style headphone that utilizes rather large 44mm drivers.  The "BB" name apparently stands for "Bass & Beat," so there shouldn't be any doubt that these are targeted toward the bass-loving crowd.  The BB500 will be released in Japan on November 19 for a retail price of ¥9975, though street prices should hover closer to ¥7000.

The BB500 will be available in two colors: black and camouflage

株式会社オーディオテクニカ|一般製品|ATH-BB500
オーディオテクニカ、DJ向けヘッドホン「ATH-BB500」「ATH-PRO5MK2」などを発売 - Phile-web

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Wow... just wow. Thanks for posting. I think these might be a must-try for me if they're ever available in the US just for sheer ridiculousness of them.

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Wow... just wow. Thanks for posting. I think these might be a must-try for me if they're ever available in the US just for sheer ridiculousness of them.

I knew they'd catch your attention!  Of course, that's not hard considering the massive size of the driver housings.  Can't wait for the inevitable BB700 where AT will try to cram their 53mm A-series drivers into the housings a la the ES10.

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I knew they'd catch your attention!  Of course, that's not hard considering the massive size of the driver housings.  Can't wait for the inevitable BB700 where AT will try to cram their 53mm A-series drivers into the housings a la the ES10.

Yeah, I've always wanted a street style A700...

Interesting that in all of Audio-Technica's branding consistency a 7-series model does not exist for the ATH-SQ range. I think the SQ5 nearly competes with the ES7 in sound (and handily beats it in comfort and isolation) so the SQ7 would be something I'd buy on the spot if it existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back