The UK Headphone Society / UK CAN JAM 2009
Nov 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #106 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by onform /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you plan to get there bizzel?? i ask only coz i live about 5 mins from you and am unsure of exactly how i'm gonna get there...
biggrin.gif

Ah, I live in Durham now. I should really update my profile!
redface.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #108 of 162
Okay, I'd really like to get the ball rolling on this one. It's been a month since any updates and I'm itching for a meet! I've got some audio stuff simmering away in the background at the moment (building a Millet Max) and I'd love to talk tech with some people as well as get some listening impressions.

I'm not sure if we'd decided on a date or location but, disregarding my earlier post, I'd be happy to arrange a meet location up here if needed.

Thoughts?

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #109 of 162
I wont be involved in organising, but depending on location I'd love to come along and bring some gear. Maybe orthodynamic headphones.

BUT, has the location been decided yet?? If so where.
Thanks

Dec 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #110 of 162
Sorry to be lazy, but I'm just wondering how far you/we've got organising this event. I'm studying (on and off
biggrin.gif
) right now so I don't have time to read through the entre thread yet.

Is there a date settled, where is it going to be etc?

I'm sorry, I cannot help out organisation wise with college and total lack of experience with something like this, but I am interested in coming, although I'd only be bringing some Denon 751's and possibly some full sized cans if I get hold of some in the next few weeks.

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #111 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I'd really like to get the ball rolling on this one. It's been a month since any updates and I'm itching for a meet! I've got some audio stuff simmering away in the background at the moment (building a Millet Max) and I'd love to talk tech with some people as well as get some listening impressions.

I'm not sure if we'd decided on a date or location but, disregarding my earlier post, I'd be happy to arrange a meet location up here if needed.

Thoughts?

Apologies for the delay, I've had some personal issues to sort out so this has been on the back burner for a while.
I will get in touch with Steve (BloodSugar00) and we will be in contact with all those who have expressed an interest in being on a UK committee.
Once this is set up, the committee will look at organising a meet sometime in 2009, date and location TBC.

Dec 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #112 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadesbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will get in touch with Steve (BloodSugar00) and we will be in contact with all those who have expressed an interest in being on a UK committee.
Once this is set up, the committee will look at organising a meet sometime in 2009, date and location TBC.

Thanks, gives me time to get some decnt gear together
beyersmile.png

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #113 of 162
If you guys need an IRC channel to chat over, I run a small, reliable and well-managed network here. Web chat is also included.

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #114 of 162
Hi Guys, i've been hoping something like this would be in the works. I've only just heard about it but id definatly like to attend. I can second the vote for Oxford too, lovely place. Im a Software Engineer by trade so let me know if you need any support in this area. Cant wait!

Pete

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #117 of 162
Hey all,

I am a noob here but more than happy to help out as a CanJam would be a great way for me to get my head around all the amazing kit you can buy!

I would be happy to help out with accounts, basic webpage and can also host a mailing list that users can subscribe to if they want updates.

Rich

Jan 5, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #118 of 162
This sounds like a great idea, and I would happily attend, time and location permitting
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #119 of 162
Firstly, I apologise for the neglect this whole process has suffered on my part. It certainly doesn't cover the whole length of the delay- so I accept some genuine fault for that- but I have, ironically, also suffered some personal problems over the last months. I won't expand upon that in 'public', except to say, that, I've had some health concerns. I'm good now though and rearing to kick this mother on some!
cool.gif

I've been in contact with Tom over the last week, expressing ideas and thoughts on the structure of the committee and what not- owe alot to Duggeh's projections here!- and I am awaiting a response from him (it was a lengthy and comprehensive PM!).

Once we have qualified things between ourselves some, and have a more concrete idea of the framework for the organisational body and the anticipated necessary responsibilities and organisational processes, we'll then share that with the members we've already contacted, in private, who have expressed a continued interest in partaking and assuming an active role in this working organisational group, see what they think, finalise and push on to appointing members to roles within this governing body.

I'll also contact/PM members who have expressed a willingness to be involved in the organisational process, more recently, in this thread and see if and how and where and in what capacity they would like to be involved, ie, what role they would nominate themselves interested in and/or well suited to. [N.B.// This will be after myself and Tom and (and Duggeh. possibly), and decided between a more solid outline for the structure of this committee and it's functionality- both roles, individually, and combined into the full, inter-communicative, team-working beast- which we will then project to prospective committe members]

Note: As alluded to above, we will be first contacting Duggeh (influencial in his response to our PM, inquiring as to his interest in undertaking an active role in the society committe and organisational process) to get further input and feedback from him, hopefully (despite his recent ruling of himself out of any part in this due to study commitments).

As logically expressed by others alrady, we'll try and get in a real-time IRC channel of communication to speed things up and 'galvanise' everything, also (maybe taking Currawong up on his offer as medium for such direct communique, though phones/mobiles seems satisfactory, I'd imagine).

I'm behind this now and will try my best to push this phase through quickly, now, and get the committe formed and up and functioning within the next few weeks (though some things are out of my control, obviously, such as proactiveness of others to respond to PM's etc).

Kind Regards,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back