The UK Headphone Society / UK CAN JAM 2009
Jun 23, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #151 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We could have a meet up round someone's house at the weekend (unfortunately my room is too small).
Failing that we could rent out a room for a few hours. My local Quaker house charges £14 per 3 hours for a classroom sized room, £25 for the big hall.
So it's not an awful amount of money split between a few people.

When were you thinking ?

Jun 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #154 of 162
I would come down south to Manchester and bring the big rig for an at least sizable if not large meet, and would B&B or similar or perhaps pawn somebodies floorspace.

If this is looking to be a real practicality for, say, 6-10 people, and it is a matter of simply picking a date because a venue is easily sorted and then the bill divvied up before we go to the pub. Then I suggest trying to decide on a date and pushing hard forward and just doing it.

2nd and 3rd weeks in august I can't do. Also cant do the week around the 13th July. Or the 3rd or 4th week in September. Just to show my cards in this game.

I hope we can do some kind of event given this enthusiasm. A meet doesnlt have to be big. Both Scotland meets were pretty small affairs but very good nevertheless. We do not have to psudo-canjam in order to mvoe forward. It is far better to do many small meets and after them, build slowl onwards, instead of just jumping in the deep end.

I leave the call to those of the Manchester shout. But I'm certainly well up for making my way towards any proper meet almost anywhere in the UK.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #155 of 162
I'll throw my hat in the ring for a Manchester meet. Sooner rather than later would be good if it's looking at all imminent.

I can do from now until mid-July as I'm planning a trip to the region anyway.

Cheers.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #159 of 162
Thought I'd chip in now i'm out of a wheelchair and somewhat more mobile.
I'd love to get to a meet, M62 corridor is very easy for me, and with my folks in Preston I can make it a round trip.

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #162 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys. I'm in Oxon, seems there might be a few of us in the general area. I'd be up for travelling a bit to a meet if necessary as well.

I'm in Oxon too. Any other UK headfiers around here I wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back