The UE18 Pro: Ultimate Ears Announces Their New Flagship Custom IEM
Feb 10, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #166 of 280
Would the UE18pro be worth the extra over the UE11 or UE10 (In fact I'm still not sure between UE11 and UE10 since the reviews are quiet, um, fragmented in opinions)? I know value is a subjective thing, but a rough idea would be nice before blowing a fair chunk of money on customs.

I'm hoping whatever I end up with will be the last upgrade I'll ever need IEM wise.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #167 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, same here. Made a query about my 11s and no response still after 2 weeks. Got an automated out-of-office reply and that's all. C'mon UE, take care of your old customers!

I asked them regarding the new custom cable:
is the new UE18 custom cable available separately for order?

reply from UE:
As of now, no but it could become our standard in the future.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #170 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's confirmed. No extra orders of spare cables. I asked if they'll ship an extra cable with my 18s and UE said no.

Of course. What do you expect with a cheap IEM like that??

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A deciding factor for me is the way the cable terminates at the ear-peace. The UE fixing is recessed into the driver shell providing a more water resistant and stronger connection. Given the sound quality of either will be astonishing this is the principal factor for me.

I also wish they'd given more attention to the connectors. Even UE's could be better: look at what Sleek Audio has done with its CT6:

in_use_sleek_customs.jpg

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #172 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by rourouni815 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just talked to a ue rep and they said these are gonna begin shipping in 2/3 weeks

That's weird they told me it was going to start building the past week and now next week… Right now I'm not sure if they'll ship on time or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course. What do you expect with a cheap IEM like that??

An integrated cable, so you need to buy a new set.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #173 of 280
Anyone noticed the UE18 page is down? And when I click on a sister product page such as the UE11, the index on the left listing all of the UE products has the UE18 missing. The first part I could've chalked up to just web error, but the latter seems deliberate?

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #174 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone noticed the UE18 page is down? And when I click on a sister product page such as the UE11, the index on the left listing all of the UE products has the UE18 missing. The first part I could've chalked up to just web error, but the latter seems deliberate?

Most definitely getting it prepped for the UE20. They weren't happy with JH, so they want to one (or two) up them.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #176 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, just got my ear impression done.

Now time to decide which UE custom to go for...

i was about to say the jh13, but then i remembered you got the really good dael on the ue's, so id say the only one you can go for is the 18, maybe not as neutral, from what we've heard, as the 13's, but still the best UE iem, per jude, they finally caught up technically speaking to the 13's.

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #178 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its just I'm unsure about the 18 atm as there aren't that many impressions whereas the 11 and 10 are, more or less, proven designs.

If my memory serves me right you loved the IE8, right? Then I'd go UE11.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #180 of 280
Wow this thread is quiet…

Anyways, I called them a few minutes ago because I got really antsy [nor very happy that it's been a month].

The sales guys told it mine are built and ready to shipped out! Should be getting them tomorrow because I ordered overnight with Saturday delivery!

I'm just really excited for my first set of custom IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back