The UE18 Pro: Ultimate Ears Announces Their New Flagship Custom IEM
Apr 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #271 of 280
UE Wrote back and said that "Currently, it is available only you have purchased the UE18."

Meh...

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #272 of 280
lol. Just get a UE18 owner to buy a cable for you
jecklinsmile.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #273 of 280
has anybody compared these to the westone um3x? or triplefi pro? and do these have more bass depth and punch than westone 3? and im assuming they have more punch than the ue11, i love ue

May 6, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #274 of 280
I went from TF10pros to the UE18s. Believe me, the jump is monumental. I also owned Westone 3s in the past.

Much more well defined bass, crisp trebles with a wider soundstage. I'd say they are about the same on bass punch as the westone 3, but bass depth the UE18pro wins hands down.

May 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #275 of 280
im hoping the ue18 has the tight punch that the triples have, and im sure i dont have to worry about the highs,, w3 bass is nice and thick but i need more definition or basically more triplefi style bass but more quantity,,, if that makes any sense, im not judging them flat but with lots of eq, i find it amazing how much i can eq the triplefi low end, and raise 55-110 hz so high and still remain defined.  all my other iem's get stuck in the mud.  i wish you could get a universal UE 18.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #278 of 280

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with them at first, I was expecting the 18 Pro to be on par or nearly as amazing as the HD 800, as they were supposed to be amongst the top sounding IEMs money can buy. But right after listening to the HD 800, the 18 Pro sounded as if I had something stuck inside my ear canals, the high frequencies were a bit dull.
The cable of my HD 800 snapped last week (it was kind of unbelievable how that could have happened, but Sennheiser claimed that mine was probably a rare defect) so I've been listening a lot more to the 18 Pro this last week. Without comparison with the HD 800, the 18 Pro don't sound dull at all, I can hear a lot more details in the music with them than all my other IEMs, ER-4B included. As for the bass response, there's plenty, and very extended. I like using Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Relax (Lockout's Radio Edit) for bass reference, because the kick drum of this track is very punchy while the bass is quite full and deep; and the 18 Pro had no problem bringing those out. The UM3X sounded quite thin in comparison. Not even the IE8 could compete when it comes to bass response. The IE8 do have a lot of bass, but they don't go nearly as deep, the 18 Pro's bass response extends far lower than any IEMs that I've heard (except the HD 800, but then they are not IEMs). While the kick drum sounded solid and punchy with the 18 Pro, they sounded flabby with the IE8 in comparison.
I was told the JH 16 Pro have a similar sound signature as the 18 Pro, has anyone made a comparison between those two?

Quote:
has anybody compared these to the westone um3x? or triplefi pro? and do these have more bass depth and punch than westone 3? and im assuming they have more punch than the ue11, i love ue

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #280 of 280
Since I've gotten the Turbine Pro Coppers and the Westone 4s, I personally don't think the UE18s are worth $1350, unless you're a live musician who monitors loud with them regularly. I get more listening pleasure from my Coppers and better reference with my Westone 4s, I think the UE18s have put me off customs for life.
The UE18s aren't very popular here it seems. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back