The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #196 of 547
The bgvp m2 looks quite good actually.. But when I searched for this model on aliexpress, I see 3rd party sellers listing the exact same model with Bluetooth 5.2, but bgvp official store says 5.1... Wonder why does every single 3rd party seller listing this at 5.2!

Sometime it is hardware related, but sometime it is software(firmware) related.

QCC5125, as listed by Qualcomm, is so far the only QCC512x series that is BT5.1. However, QCC5121 and QCC5124 (*the one in Qudelix 5K) are technically a more powerful SoC.and yet they are BT5.0 for now. We have seen in the past that Qualcomm can upgrade an older BT chip to newer BT version by firmware, so it is possible that we will also see QCC5121 / 5124 getting BT5.1 as well. As for BT5.2 - it is technically still not available in the market - if I recalled correctly, the schedule time to start rolling out BT5.2 is 2022. Qualcomm currently only lists QCC514x series as 'BT5.2 compatible' though those chips are not actually released yet.

On the other hand, going from BT5.0 to BT5.1 actually is a very minor upgrade as the only thing that seems to be difference is that BT5.1 can offer a faster pairing process, which means there really won't be any benefit audio wise going from BT5.0 to BT5.1. Going to BT5.2 is however the major upgrade as we will see a 50% increase in bandwidth, which will make for a strong connection as well as possible better HD codec, or even HD codec for TWS setup. However, we are still a bit distance away from BT5.2 and there is no actual BT chips in the market that is truly BT5.2.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #197 of 547

QCC5125, as listed by Qualcomm, is so far the only QCC512x series that is BT5.1. However, QCC5121 and QCC5124 (*the one in Qudelix 5K) are technically a more powerful SoC.and yet they are BT5.0 for now. We have seen in the past that Qualcomm can upgrade an older BT chip to newer BT version by firmware, so it is possible that we will also see QCC5121 / 5124 getting BT5.1 as well. As for BT5.2 - it is technically still not available in the market - if I recalled correctly, the schedule time to start rolling out BT5.2 is 2022. Qualcomm currently only lists QCC514x series as 'BT5.2 compatible' though those chips are not actually released yet.

On the other hand, going from BT5.0 to BT5.1 actually is a very minor upgrade as the only thing that seems to be difference is that BT5.1 can offer a faster pairing process, which means there really won't be any benefit audio wise going from BT5.0 to BT5.1. Going to BT5.2 is however the major upgrade as we will see a 50% increase in bandwidth, which will make for a strong connection as well as possible better HD codec, or even HD codec for TWS setup. However, we are still a bit distance away from BT5.2 and there is no actual BT chips in the market that is truly BT5.2.
Thanks @ClieOS for the explanation... I am thinking of ordering this bgvp m2 then..

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #198 of 547
if you're going with the neckband type, I think Fiio has a great version. You can use it as DAC as well.

That will be my 2nd choice if the upcoming UTWS3 fail
I think you're right, when buying a frequently used product, it's important to consider not only its configuration, but also its stability and ease of use.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #199 of 547
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 6, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #200 of 547

Any possibility with LDAC codec in the making for these bluetooth adapter? How I wish Quedelix can produce one. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.😆

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #201 of 547
Any possibility with LDAC codec in the making for these bluetooth adapter? How I wish Quedelix can produce one. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.😆

Technically you will need a fairly advanced SoC, likely one of the better Qualcomm QCC512x series, to able to handle LDAC in TWS+ setup. Another one of the big issue is bandwidth under BT5.0 (and BT5.1) isn't going to be enough for HD 24/96 codec under TWS+ setup, but BT5.2 will. Last but not least is the aptx-HD and LDAC are currently not optimized for TWS+. But it is not all bad news - rumor said Hiby actually was able to implement LDAC in a TWS+ setup just last month on one of their new TWS+ IEM (*which uses one fo those QCC512x SoC) released in China, but they were forced to disable it under the request of Sony due to some licensing / compliance issue. So I will said the possibility is low but not completely impossible.

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #202 of 547
Technically you will need a fairly advanced SoC, likely one of the better Qualcomm QCC512x series, to able to handle LDAC in TWS+ setup. Another one of the big issue is bandwidth under BT5.0 (and BT5.1) isn't going to be enough for HD 24/96 codec under TWS+ setup, but BT5.2 will. Last but not least is the aptx-HD and LDAC are currently not optimized for TWS+. But it is not all bad news - rumor said Hiby actually was able to implement LDAC in a TWS+ setup just last month on one of their new TWS+ IEM (*which uses one fo those QCC512x SoC) released in China, but they were forced to disable it under the request of Sony due to some licensing / compliance issue. So I will said the possibility is low but not completely impossible.
Thanks for the expertise in this area👍

Dec 7, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #203 of 547
As kind of what I have predicted before, FiiO has announced an official release date for UTWS3 on 12.12 (Dec. 12) in China.

Dec 28, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #207 of 547
PSX_20201229_103251.jpg

UTWS3 is here, first impression is very positive.

Dec 29, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #210 of 547
Hey @ClieOS how did you manage to get so quickly Bro? I checked all the stores in Singapore and none of them is carrying this yet... Did you order from aliexpress to Johor?

How? By skipping all the middleman of course. I buy things directly from Taobao, usually from the manufacturer official store, and have them forwarded by a third-party forwarding service. It usually only takes a week or less to arrive at my doorstep. While forwarding service will cost more, that is usually offset by Taobao lower retail price and much faster shipping and thus well worth the effort.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back