The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Oct 11, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #167 of 547
Maybe ask in the TRN thread or the going fully wireless one? Several people have them, I just don't know if any has the ability to measure OI.
thanks. I didn't think of that.
Although, these probably won't work for me since I'm planning to use it with IER-Z1R. The angled connectors aren't going to play well it them (I've tried)

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #172 of 547
1 more week before this month ends.. what is fiio doing! Release the utws3 already!
Maybe they changed the BT chipset from QCC3020 to the QCC5124 for a higher quality codec support (aptX HD/aptX Adaptive). Or maybe bug fixing on the firmware and/or the companion app. If it's the first case and they add LDAC it's an instant buy from me (even with a bit lower battery life). Most probably it's the second case though :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #173 of 547
Maybe they changed the BT chipset from QCC3020 to the QCC5124 for a higher quality codec support (aptX HD/aptX Adaptive). Or maybe bug fixing on the firmware and/or the companion app. If it's the first case and they add LDAC it's an instant buy from me (even with a bit lower battery life). Most probably it's the second case though :)

I do happen to know they have plan for a QCC5xxx device in near future, but it won't be UTWS3. The 1111 (Nov. 11) sale is just around the corner, I doubt they will want to release UTWS3 this month. A likelier choice will be to either introduce UTWS3 during 1111 sale or just wait till 1111 is over (near year's end so they might get a chance to introduce it around CES time).

On a different but somewhat related news, Hiby just introduced a new TWS in-ear in China called WH3 that used QCC5xxx chipset and they are able to make it run UAT (Hiby's own HD codec). Rumor said that Hiby even managed to re-code LDAC to run on WH3 in full TWS+ mode, but was ultimately getting stopped by Sony (which was said that they wanted Hiby to apply for some kind of approval before putting LDAC on WH3). However, story does say that early release of WH3 in China should be able to support LDAC unofficially as long as the user do not update the firmware.

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #174 of 547
FiiO Control app has been updated this morning and added support for UTWS3 (along with BTA30), that means it shouldn't be too long till we see an official release.

Nov 11, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #175 of 547
Today 11.11 already.. Wonder if FIIO plans to release the tws3 today! Make us wait so long long.. damn annoying... By the way, guys I have been reading some good things about a bluetooth adapter called Qudelix 5K... Any of you considering that? It is similar in shape and functionality to the Shute BT2 adapter.. so still has some dangling wires ... not truly wireless...however, it seems to be using some high end qualcomm bluetooth chipset so the sound quality should be good...

Anyone keen on this?

Nov 11, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #176 of 547
Today 11.11 already.. Wonder if FIIO plans to release the tws3 today! Make us wait so long long.. damn annoying... By the way, guys I have been reading some good things about a bluetooth adapter called Qudelix 5K... Any of you considering that? It is similar in shape and functionality to the Shute BT2 adapter.. so still has some dangling wires ... not truly wireless...however, it seems to be using some high end qualcomm bluetooth chipset so the sound quality should be good...

Anyone keen on this?
The 5K is next-level in terms of BT connectivity, options, software support, decoding and amping power. But it very much falls out of the scope of this thread and for good reason - the wires are there. Even with a 50 cm cable it’s not the same as having no cable at all. If you order a 5K odds are you won’t be disappointed, but for the use cases where you need true wireless you’re not getting that.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #177 of 547

Anyone keen on this?
The 5K is next-level in terms of BT connectivity, options, software support, decoding and amping power. But it very much falls out of the scope of this thread and for good reason - the wires are there. Even with a 50 cm cable it’s not the same as having no cable at all. If you order a 5K odds are you won’t be disappointed, but for the use cases where you need true wireless you’re not getting that.
Agree. 5K is good but it is not true wireless.
I was hoping they'd release today but probably won't.

Nov 13, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #178 of 547

Anyone keen on this?

I've got good news for you, our utws3 is coming out soon.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 13, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #179 of 547

Users who are viewing this thread

Back