The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Sep 18, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #152 of 547
Guys, I just found this thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shure-rmce-tw1-shure-cuts-the-cord.928960/

Here, the specs mentioned for the Shure Aonic adapter, I notice that the impedance is 17 Ohm... If we believe that, then it would be almost as bad as the CF-01. :frowning2:

Pretty sure those spec was just an typo when someone mistakenly meshed up the spec of SE215 (which Aonic 215 comes with by default) with that of RMCE-TW1. For once, the adapter itself can't have sensitivity rating or even a driver.

Shure never released any particular useful info regarding RMCE-TW1's output power or output impedance, nor did I ever see any measurement of them. However, judging from the fact that it supports aptX, we know it is a Qualcomm chip. From its release time, I'll venture a guess it is likely going to be QCC3020 like almost everyone else is using. The small size of the adapter also suggests that it won't likely have an separated amp chip as there isn't enough space (*and also that fact that Shure doesn't bother telling us about it, nor is Shure ever paid attention to output power, etc). So in all likeliness, this particular Shure adapter should have mostly the same level of hardware as TRN BT20s - On that assumption, output impedance should be fairly low (QCC3020 normal output impedance is sub-1 ohm, unless Shure intentionally added output resistors). Output power is probably just a few mW. None of this is particularly bad information, except perhaps when you considered that the Shure adapter itself is selling for $180 or so while BT20s can be had for $30. For QCC3020 based hardware without any fancy add-on, I think the more reasonable price for a big brand name product should be around $100 or so.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #153 of 547
Pretty sure those spec was just an typo when someone mistakenly meshed up the spec of SE215 (which Aonic 215 comes with by default) with that of RMCE-TW1. For once, the adapter itself can't have sensitivity rating or even a driver.

Shure never released any particular useful info regarding RMCE-TW1's output power or output impedance, nor did I ever see any measurement of them. However, judging from the fact that it supports aptX, we know it is a Qualcomm chip. From its release time, I'll venture a guess it is likely going to be QCC3020 like almost everyone else is using. The small size of the adapter also suggests that it won't likely have an separated amp chip as there isn't enough space (*and also that fact that Shure doesn't bother telling us about it, nor is Shure ever paid attention to output power, etc). So in all likeliness, this particular Shure adapter should have mostly the same level of hardware as TRN BT20s - On that assumption, output impedance should be fairly low (QCC3020 normal output impedance is sub-1 ohm, unless Shure intentionally added output resistors). Output power is probably just a few mW. None of this is particularly bad information, except perhaps when you considered that the Shure adapter itself is selling for $180 or so while BT20s can be had for $30. For QCC3020 based hardware without any fancy add-on, I think the more reasonable price for a big brand name product should be around $100 or so.

If only Shure got this point and adjusted their price, we will all be so happy! :grinning: Plus, even after all these months after announcing the product, it is not available in Singapore, where I am currently.. So even if we somehow order and get it from US, there will be no warranty on this product. That is worrisome on such an expensive product. Maybe the prices will come down during black friday or other upcoming holiday period. In the meantime, other products from other brands may also be available in the next few months.. So can wait a tad longer.. But honestly, been waiting for too long for a product like this.. cant wait for much longer! :thinking:

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #156 of 547
I have FIIO FH7 IEMs that use MMCX connectors. Will the Shure RMCE-BT2 work with the FH7s?

There is no reason why RMCE-BT2 won't work with any IEM that comes with a regular MMCX socket. How well, however, is a completely different matter.

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #157 of 547
My initial impressions was awesome, until I noticed this.

How on earth did this pass every step towards production? You put the right adapter on the left side of the charger and vice versa.... What? TRN cmon.

Now you'll get annoyed every time you take adapters on and off.

I was initially enjoying these until i noticed this incredibly stupid mistake, I'll deffo return these if Fiio launches their UTWS3 soon.

This design mistake is only topped by the battery drain issue of the first gen Senn MTW, besides that this is the most stupid decision I've seen in the True Wireless space.

Now in hindsight I can see the same issue on all production images, but I Just didn't notice it because i thought it was obvious for anyone with an IQ above 50. It's not that I look if the turn signals on a new car is mounted on the correct side before buying.

20200930_174551.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #158 of 547
Another huge problem is the Bluetooth range, despite the propirties of Bluetooth 5.0, the range of these are absolutely terrible. I can't move 3-4 meters to my kitchen without major interference. I've never had this problem with any other Bluetooth 5.0 device, both my phone and PC is aslo connected to the 5 gigahertz Wifi, so you can't blame it on that.

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #159 of 547
[QUOTE="C_Lindberghl
Another huge problem is the Bluetooth range, despite the propirties of Bluetooth 5.0, the range of these are absolutely terrible. I can't move 3-4 meters to my kitchen without major interference. I've never had this problem with any other Bluetooth 5.0 device, both my phone and PC is aslo connected to the 5 gigahertz Wifi, so you can't blame it on that.
[/QUOTE]
HI @C_Lindbergh may I know which model are you talking about? Can't recognize any branding from the charging case picture that you posted... I do wonder how did something like pass their Q&A team..

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #160 of 547
HI @C_Lindbergh may I know which model are you talking about? Can't recognize any branding from the charging case picture that you posted... I do wonder how did something like pass their Q&A team..

TRN BT20s Pro

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #162 of 547
Oct 10, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #163 of 547
Just noticed that the shure aonic adapter alone is up for pre order on Stereo Singapore for 269 sgd...

That is expensive! You can get the high quality Sony wf-1000xm3 true wireless for less than that!

So now waiting for utws3...

Oct 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #165 of 547
are you going to get your hands on the TRN BT20S Pro for review?
You're pretty much the only one I found to measure their OI :)

There is no incentive for me to do so since it should have pretty much the same hardware implementation as the regular BT20S, which I already own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back