The Treblehead Club
Nov 16, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #121 of 168
I'm more than happy to transfer it to slaw slaw. It reduces my burden of handling 2 clubs. 
biggrin.gif
 What do you say?

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #123 of 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow, of all the clubs (Basshead, treblehead, midrangehead, neutral/balanced), neutral/balanced thread doesn't favour a particular frequency band. It is just a flavour. There should be a "fun" club. 
cool.gif

While I'd think I'd be most at home in the neutral/balanced club, I haven't formally declared myself part of it. (Also note that I figure it's easier to turn a good neutral/balanced headphone into a basshead, midrangehead, or treblehead can through EQ.)

A "fun" club would want boosted bass AND treble (at the expense of mids), if my understanding of V-shaped signatures = fun is correct.

At this rate, we'll have detail/clarity clubs, airiness clubs, soundstage/imaging clubs, and who knows what else...

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #124 of 168
Airiness club??! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #127 of 168
Huh so we are having a TF10 club?

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #128 of 168
So anyone want to start the V shaped/fun club ? :D

I'm "fun" with speakers... balanced to trebleheaded with headphones... I'd be a terrible leader for a head-fi fun group :confused_face: If anybody starts one, let me know though... I'd be interested to see what goes on in that group.

And as far as a new leader, is anybody that's "qualified" (I have very little HP experience outside of what little I have used in the past year and slaw slaw turned it down for this same reason... i think) actually interested?

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #129 of 168

Quote:
I'm "fun" with speakers... balanced to trebleheaded with headphones... I'd be a terrible leader for a head-fi fun group
confused_face.gif
If anybody starts one, let me know though... I'd be interested to see what goes on in that group.
And as far as a new leader, is anybody that's "qualified" (I have very little HP experience outside of what little I have used in the past year and slaw slaw turned it down for this same reason... i think) actually interested?

It doesn't take some one with experience to run one of these threads, all you really need is dedication. Most of the headphones of the Basshead list is suggested by other members. The requirement should be being able to log on once a day.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #130 of 168
It doesn't take some one with experience to run one of these threads, all you really need is dedication. Most of the headphones of the Basshead list is suggested by other members. The requirement should be being able to log on once a day.

I could do that... but I feel like I should know the phones mentioned to be able to agree and say they should in fact be there. I guess that's what everybody else is for though, right :wink:

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #131 of 168
I will do it. I will make the fun/v shaped club

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #132 of 168
I made the fun thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581018/the-fun-v-shaped-club#

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #133 of 168

Quote:
No thanks, Give it to someone with more experiance than me 
gs1000.gif

Yep all we need is dedication. 

You gotta think of stuff to add into the first post, have Nikp add them.

I'll try to draw a sig or sumthin tmrw. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #135 of 168

Quote:
Does the superlux hd668B fit this category?

I think they fit better in neutral category than this. =)

I've found my inner treblehead, good treble is just soooo delicious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back