The Treblehead Club
Nov 7, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #91 of 168
"accurate"

Excuse me.

Whatdaya mean by accuracy?

"listening to music how it was intended to be played".

You don't even know the monitors/'phones they used to mix the sounds. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #92 of 168
Well, it doesn't matter what they use to mix, what mic they used to record. If it sounds like live heard by your ears, it is accurate.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #93 of 168

Quote:
Well, it doesn't matter what they use to mix, what mic they used to record. If it sounds like live heard by your ears, it is accurate.

I don't think so.

The mic's just the first part of the chain.

I believe the recording guys/engineers are the people who determine what the end-product really sounds like. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #94 of 168

Quote:
Detailhead 
biggrin.gif
. IEMs/HPs that's used for monitoring would probably satisfy you.

Are the IEMs all balanced armature designs, by any chance? (Lambda fans seem to like the Etymotic ER-4P in particular.)

Quote:
Ever heard of the STAX mafia ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I've heard of them, yeah. If they exist, then spritzer's probably the don.

Anyway, knowing what I know now about the various clubs (specifically, a given headphone can overlap between them if it does multiple parts of the frequency range very well), I can say with reasonable confidence that the whole Stax Lambda line probably belongs here, along with midrange and neutral. Would anyone else agree or disagree with that?

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #96 of 168
Add the alessandro ms1 to the list of headphones.

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #99 of 168
It's funny i am a member of all 4 of these threads. I like my bass when it's needed. Love my treble for metal, and love balanced/neutral and midrange headphones.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #103 of 168

Quote:

Club member list ? Thats a great idea 
beerchug.gif
 Too bad I can't do the same because I'd have to scroll through 37 pages of posts 
triportsad.gif

5 to go 
biggrin.gif

I also added a poll on Neutral IEM and Headphone of 2011 in the neutral/balanced thread. What about starting with the active members first? People then want in. :)

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #104 of 168
Quote:
It's funny i am a member of all 4 of these threads. I like my bass when it's needed. Love my treble for metal, and love balanced/neutral and midrange headphones.

There really should be a nonspecifichead club. For people who aren't wildly into any of those four elements but do like some aspects of them all.

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #105 of 168

Quote:
There really should be a nonspecifichead club. For people who aren't wildly into any of those four elements but do like some aspects of them all.

That would probably fit me best. I just want the whole spectrum reproduced well and clearly, with nothing lost. Music in general is rarely constrained to a narrow frequency band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back