The Trance game...
May 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #46 of 101
Very nice, fx101 9/10. That was a type of song that you just natural begin to move your body to.
bigsmile_face.gif

This is one of my favorite songs in my " Falling Asleep " Playlist...

May 9, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #47 of 101
@ Lilley 

@ fx101

@Tronz

Very Good Trance. I give these a 9.25/10. Also will be added to my collection...eventually. 

Now here's something that I have found just astounding:

Although, I wish that I knew the Artist. This is good Progressive Trance from Japan. 

May 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #48 of 101
@Tronz: That is a fantastic song by ATB. Not only is that one of the first songs I heard, but it was ultimately the song that changed my perspective on Trance as a music genre almost entirely. ATB is basically the reason why I am posting in here now.

@Niyologist: All I can say is "Wow" I had no idea Japan had such talented trance artists. All the good ones seem to primarily come from Europe... Now to search and find out who they are. I am highly tempted to contact that user. 9.5/10

Tronz made me change my choice. Was going with ATB, but decided to go with one of my chill out songs. 

May 10, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #49 of 101
of ALL time?

ATB - Let U Go

An oldie but goodie :)  He finished with this song after a 3 hour set in vegas...Made my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX9L802jY7c

May 10, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #50 of 101
Quote:
@ Lilley 

@ fx101

@Tronz

Very Good Trance. I give these a 9.25/10. Also will be added to my collection...eventually. 

Now here's something that I have found just astounding:

Although, I wish that I knew the Artist. This is good Progressive Trance from Japan. 

i just asked my friend who's like a walking trance database and the artist is "Hiroyuki Oda" here's another one by the same artist:

May 10, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #51 of 101
I like the older ATB tracks more but every now and then they make quite good songs. My fav is still their oldest which made them famous, "Don't Stop".

Hmm, let's try something different, a person that deserves more recognition cuz he is the king of melody trance by ease in my ears. The most difficult is to pick a song of his cuz they are ALL superb (check his other songs and see what I mean), like can't say which is my fav but here's one of them at least which has quite good quality on YT why I picked it. Be sure to check out "Melody from heaven" song if you haven't, he made this song when he was only 12 (or was it 13?) years-old, talented? :p

May 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #54 of 101
I really can't get into modern trance. Think the melody doesn't change enough or something. Even the progressive songs don't do it for me. :-S

I guess it's not bad, I just can't rate it objectively because I think anything trance after 02 or 03 at the lastest is mainly tosh. The sound of the 90's made trance for me and I ignore the rest because I know what I like. I can only hope others see why I like what I like.

May 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #55 of 101
I partially agree with you in those aspects, I often also find I tend to prefer songs with more variation in it like the ones I've posted previously, Dito Shadows mix and DJ Contacreast, Oceanlab etc. I don't like long intros though, that one had slightly too long intro for my liking, why I really dislike "club" music for example that has this 1 - 2 min intro with a simple beat or something.

Here's also another example of a non-commercial DJ which is more of a "breakbeat" artist but breakbeat is so similar to trance and would classify it as a subcategory of trance, the difference is in the rythm where Breakbeat has this certain kind of beat like in this song for example. DJ Babyboi and DJ Loopy are perhaps the pioneers in Breakbeat tho and I like nearly all of Babyboi's songs but I like especially this track by DJ Toy though.

May 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #56 of 101
I really liked that. I've heard a mix or two of the same but never that one if it's the original. Cheesy but elegant, really enjoyed it.

that one had slightly too long intro for my liking, why I really dislike "club" music for example that has this 1 - 2 min intro with a simple beat or something.
It's progressive trance, starts very simple such as a bass stab and kick and then builds and builds. If you didn't like the long intro don't listen to Be As One by Sasha, that one takes about 4 minutes to properly start. Some tracks will be the difference between a radio cut/edit and the producer's release for dj's, similar to carte blanch and airwave. speaking of which...

Am I the only one that thinks airwave and C Sharp sound quite similar?

May 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #58 of 101
I already heard this song a couple of years back, but listened to it for the heck of it. It's an excellent Trance song and has that ghoulish, ominous feel to it. I'll give this a 9.35/10.

Although, I recently just found this song that made my heart just sink and freeze in FEAR.

The song that may make you pee your pants if you listen to it in the dark.

Here it is:
blink.gif

(Gulp)

May 15, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #59 of 101
That's cheating, I believe the title says trance. That sounded much closer to 2004 era hardstyle, though my new headphones may be influencing that.
I absolutely loved that one, right up my alley. Truth be told it's about as close as good enough to get a 10 from me. I really need to check out more of their stuff, that was awesome.
@skinnypuppy, I prefer moonman's juice remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9bB85V5Z0Q&t=4m05s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back