The Trance game...
May 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #16 of 101
Well, basically the thread went as expected during the first 3 posts, then Niyologist wrecked the music game that was going on. Lilley and I tried to keep it going, but Niyologist did it again. Not good
mad.gif

May 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #17 of 101

Quote:

And I assume you weren't talking about the track I posted, because it has nothing to do with electro. I posted a track of psytrance.

Yep I hear it now. Psytrance has changed a bit since I last tuned in. The vocals got me, don't normally hear that. Have vocals become a standard feature of psy tracks? I hope not, ruins the feel.

Quote:
I like the above, gives a nice relaxing feeling, it's a bit on the border on being a bit too simplistic and progressive for my taste. 
mate, middle of a lazy sunday arvo it's absolutely heaven.

[size=1.8333em] Dito Feat. Dzenita - Shadows DJ Shog Vocal Mix[/size]

Liked that track, reminded me of the late 90's dance faze, similar in style to some Cosmic Gate and 4 Strings stuff.

Here's another old classic

May 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #18 of 101
^^ Nice one Lilley, but I feel the bass is a bit harsh. I blame the typical bass used on the late 90's. But overall it's a kind of trance that doesn't do much for me. Tastes, what can I do?
redface.gif

Different tune from guys who do know their stuff:

May 6, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #19 of 101

Quote:
^^ Nice one Lilley, but I feel the bass is a bit harsh. I blame the typical bass used on the late 90's. But overall it's a kind of trance that doesn't do much for me. Tastes, what can I do?
redface.gif

Yeh tis a bit, I feel it's what lets the track down as well. But technically it's hard trance, so it is to be expected I guess. Check tracid's other big tracks, too many times, liquid skies, trance and acid.

Great track, simply excellent. my fave mushroom track is shakawkaw, bit more laid back.

This one may be to hard for you again. But can't know until you try, either way, definitely worth putting on HD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTtJErsiPo

May 6, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #20 of 101

Quote:
Yeh tis a bit, I feel it's what lets the track down as well. But technically it's hard trance, so it is to be expected I guess. Check tracid's other big tracks, too many times, liquid skies, trance and acid.

Great track, my fave mushroom track is shakawkaw.

This one may be to hard for you again. But can't know until you try, either way, definitely worth putting on HD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTtJErsiPo

I don't know if I'd call it hard, but it's more like the way the bass hits. I'm sort of picky about it. The beginning was promising, but then the beat hit on that peculiar way, which would work if I was already listening to trance and they slipped that one, but out of the blue it's tough. But maybe it's because hard trance is not my thing. I dabble very little in progressive, as psytrance is really my thing.

Shakawkaw is great, both the regular version and the vibe tribe remix.

Here's more psy:

May 6, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #21 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dabble very little in progressive, as psytrance is really my thing.

That's a little bit more specific than the thread title. Can't please everyone I guess. I love a good progressive track as you can probably guess, and am generally open to other edm genres as long as they are good. General house, for example, is terrible. That track was a bit on the darker end of psy which I don't enjoy as much, I find it a bit disjointed and can't really feel the rhythm. Goa on the other hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4j_oOwUxM

Quote:
I don't know if I'd call it hard, but it's more like the way the bass hits. I'm sort of picky about it. The beginning was promising, but then the beat hit on that peculiar way,

I find this comment very interesting, because I consider the psy trance kick to be one of the hardest out there. It's huge, incredibly tight and almost perfectly square - virtually no decay whatsoever - so I would have expected a reverse kick to be right down your alley (though I think the push track used a regular kick).

May 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #22 of 101

Quote:

That's a little bit more specific than the thread title. Can't please everyone I guess. I love a good progressive track as you can probably guess, and am generally open to other edm genres as long as they are good. General house, for example, is terrible. That track was a bit on the darker end of psy which I don't enjoy as much, I find it a bit disjointed and can't really feel the rhythm. Goa on the other hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4j_oOwUxM

Trust me, Electro Sun has nothing to do with dark, just regular full on psy. I don't really listen to dark as it is way too gloom for me. I do like good DnB, Jungle, some Deep House that borders Trance, among a few other things.

All the tracks you posted have a very bad sounding bass for my taste, it feels empty and without life, which is essential for me. But other than the bass, the rest of the composition is ok.

Some full on morning psy:

Note: Youtube butchers audio in an inconceivable way
frown.gif

May 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 101

Quote:
Well, basically the thread went as expected during the first 3 posts, then Niyologist wrecked the music game that was going on. Lilley and I tried to keep it going, but Niyologist did it again. Not good
mad.gif

As I said before, I'm very sorry. I just got over excited. everyone I know at home and in school doesn't like Trance like I do, until I went to this thread. 
frown.gif

Now I can finally show all the Trance songs I was listening to for the past 3 years. It'll be a long game due to this. 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 101

Quote:
As I said before, I'm very sorry. I just got over excited. everyone I know at home and in school doesn't like Trance like I do, until I went to this thread. 
frown.gif

Now I can finally show all the Trance songs I was listening to for the past 3 years. It'll be a long game due to this. 
biggrin.gif

Ok. And it's good to be excited over music you like. But in the spirit of the thread, try to do what Lilley and I did, we kept talking about what we liked and didn't like, yet still posting a vid of a song we like, and commenting on the previous one.So just do that, and play the game like the OP created it.

May 6, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #25 of 101

Quote:
Ok. And it's good to be excited over music you like. But in the spirit of the thread, try to do what Lilley and I did, we kept talking about what we liked and didn't like, yet still posting a vid of a song we like, and commenting on the previous one.So just do that, and play the game like the OP created it.

Yea, please follow the rules guys and have respect for this amazing genre.

I'll knock the thread back on track:

May 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #26 of 101

Quote:
Yea, please follow the rules guys and have respect for this amazing genre.

I'll knock the thread back on track:

Thanks, and remember to comment the previous song posted.

That was a nice ambient track, by a trance artist, even if it's not trance itself.

May 6, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #30 of 101

Quote:
^^At first I was like "What is this?!?!" but then I ended liking this song a lot, 7/10.

Very nice, really enjoyed that one, made me remember some nice stuff Sophie Ellis Bextor has done in the past.

So from the looks of things, you're providing the socially acceptable songs while I go with the What factor
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back